Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Threw another 20 on the pile.

It's nice to see that even in the middle of everything, goons aren't afraid to put their money where their mouth is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toby
Dec 4, 2002

haven't logged in here a long time, but poo poo, man. what a thing. nobody wins in a situation like this. hope everybody here manages to be normal human beings about it.

i hope those kids' lives turn out alright. threw in some bux to the gofundme.

Xodi
May 20, 2004

Xodi is.. alien dinosaur? wtf?! (thanks OMG ITZ JAMES)
Like many of the rest of you, I sent what I've spent on my forums account. Membership here has been such a wild ride.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Gave $30 for the kids and to look at my post history and see the last time I posted

Poisonary
Dec 2, 2006

Haven’t posted in years but started lurking again when yikesaroo happened last year. Sent over $100 a few days ago :shobon:

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Donated to match what I so stupidly gave lowtax.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Lowtax still raking in on the Patreon, I wonder if LA could grab on to that.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Lowtax still raking in on the Patreon, I wonder if LA could grab on to that.

What typically happens to a dead person's Patreon?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

There Bias Two posted:

What typically happens to a dead person's Patreon?

I'm guessing Patreon cashes in until people start noticing that dead person isn't gonna do anything anymore

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
:10bux::10bux::10bux:

Let the KIDS!!!!! get paid

For real, hope things end up ok for them in the end

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Is there any reason why anyone would kick money to gofundme? I never have because gently caress them but please let me know if thats bad thinking or if I have it right

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

SilkyP posted:

Is there any reason why anyone would kick money to gofundme? I never have because gently caress them but please let me know if thats bad thinking or if I have it right

It’s bad thinking and it’s a verified fundraiser.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

SilkyP posted:

You have it right.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

You Are A Elf posted:

It’s bad thinking and it’s a verified fundraiser.

I think SilkyP is talking about the gofundme tip or whatever they call it.

Just zero that thing out, GFM already gets a processing fee.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Gave what I’ve spent here, seemed right.

On the off chance that any of Lowtax’s kids read this one day, I’d say the following to them:

Everybody has parts about themselves that they don’t like, parts that might not be so great and parts that are wonderful. Some people lean into the awful and some lean into the wonderful.

Your dad wasn’t perfect, but you can learn from his choices. You can keep the best parts of him and make them part of you while rejecting the worst parts. His choices are not your fault in any way either and there was nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome.

I don’t know you, but I love you and hope that you all find peace.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Karate Bastard posted:

That's one hell of an av not to buy for yourself. Care to explain?

I was one of the people who drew a picture for one of the old admins (I forget who, I'm sorry) when he got engaged and got free plat for it.

Wreckus
Dec 15, 2007

From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.
:10bux:

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

toby posted:

haven't logged in here a long time, but poo poo, man. what a thing. nobody wins in a situation like this. hope everybody here manages to be normal human beings about it.

i hope those kids' lives turn out alright. threw in some bux to the gofundme.

How are the Tobys doing? Have you made little Toby babies?

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Just found out, poor kids...

I'll donate when I get home.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

tehinternet posted:

Gave what I’ve spent here, seemed right.

On the off chance that any of Lowtax’s kids read this one day, I’d say the following to them:

Everybody has parts about themselves that they don’t like, parts that might not be so great and parts that are wonderful. Some people lean into the awful and some lean into the wonderful.

Your dad wasn’t perfect, but you can learn from his choices. You can keep the best parts of him and make them part of you while rejecting the worst parts. His choices are not your fault in any way either and there was nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome.

I don’t know you, but I love you and hope that you all find peace.

This is a really good post. Make this one of the ones on the front or whatever.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Just donated. Hope it helps.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Bondematt posted:

I think SilkyP is talking about the gofundme tip or whatever they call it.

Just zero that thing out, GFM already gets a processing fee.

just to clarify this is what I meant.
good to know

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
EDIT: Nevermind, I'll donate again this weekend

Tuxide fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 17, 2021

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

I understand your reservations and as I noted above, I am in the process of hiring an attorney to establish a trust.

How's this coming along dawg?

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
Getting close to the goal; I just dropped $50. I couldn’t fathom leaving my kids with nothing.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I have no money to contribute due to the Xbox one all in one entertainment console and study-helper from Microsoft but I think i know just the thing to help move this telethon over the line: The right song. Mods please set this to autoplay on every page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtSbedMeF6s

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

pliable posted:

How's this coming along dawg?

It is progressing, but it's not an instant thing. I could self-author a trust to open a bank account in the trust's name and get it done in two seconds but 1. that would be shady AF and 2. it would require me to be on the hook for mailing out checks or sending wires at the agreed periods. Getting an actual attorney to handle is better all around, but they take more time (and money).

Someone mentioned it earlier but I can't find it to quote, but we've cleared up everything with GFM. I'm not sure if it's an automatic thing at a certain dollar amount, or a bad actor did try to cause issues, but both myself and LadyAmbien have gone through their steps to confirm that I am who I say I am, she is who I said she is, and what the plan is as far as disbursing the money through a trust equally to the 3 girls. There was never any kind of hold on the fundraiser itself, just some confirmation procedures we had to do before any money could be released and by March 2022. My plan is to have the trust in force before end of year so the trust can be funded/the GFM money withdrawn, and the monthly payments on the smaller portion of allocated funds can begin no later than January.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

It is progressing, but it's not an instant thing. I could self-author a trust to open a bank account in the trust's name and get it done in two seconds but 1. that would be shady AF and 2. it would require me to be on the hook for mailing out checks or sending wires at the agreed periods. Getting an actual attorney to handle is better all around, but they take more time (and money).

Someone mentioned it earlier but I can't find it to quote, but we've cleared up everything with GFM. I'm not sure if it's an automatic thing at a certain dollar amount, or a bad actor did try to cause issues, but both myself and LadyAmbien have gone through their steps to confirm that I am who I say I am, she is who I said she is, and what the plan is as far as disbursing the money through a trust equally to the 3 girls. There was never any kind of hold on the fundraiser itself, just some confirmation procedures we had to do before any money could be released and by March 2022. My plan is to have the trust in force before end of year so the trust can be funded/the GFM money withdrawn, and the monthly payments on the smaller portion of allocated funds can begin no later than January.

For sure, was just curious :). Thanks for the update, looking forward to more!

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

i mean kyanka's ex wife surely didnt help with him not shooting himself, imho the gofund me poo poo only worked when lowtax did it, wifey can pike off anyday now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

probably did not mean what I said above just really pissed off to learn lowtax shot himself

probably will donate at some point gently caress you

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lmao wtf

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Pickles posted:

probably did not mean what I said above just really pissed off to learn lowtax shot himself

probably will donate at some point gently caress you

In a twisted way, I do understand you. After I heared what Richard did to his wives and his girlfriend, I almost wished I could have shot him myself, so him actually doing that really upset me on some "gently caress, that bastard escaped justice" kind of way

I just suggest not posting before cooling off though, others reading your heated moment emotions can get embarrassing later

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I don't think this is the best thread for venting your feelings on the situation.

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

EDIT: Nevermind, just chill off. I think a lot of our emotions are pretty high right now.

Tuxide fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 18, 2021

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Pickles posted:

i mean kyanka's ex wife surely didnt help with him not shooting himself

Hah, yeah bro. women, am I rite?

Banana dose
Dec 25, 2010
I... wow, don't know where to begin with how complicated I feel about all the weird poo poo I've seen here since 2003, so I'll tldr my own rear end. I really hope that everyone who loved lowtax can find peace and closure soon. Donated to help the kids.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
dropped another :20bux:

I don't think i can match what i've spent. I went on a drunken buying spree last year in a lurker thread and an AV thread. I did all the creepy pokemans, and a bunch of AVs based of usernames.
I think I spent about $250 or so. I can't afford that now, but I'm up to $40.

Not to mention like $15 bucks on my own to get my AV just right, because I kept loving up. Next week is pay day, though!

impressive, goons!

or hell, even

impressive goons.

Banana dose posted:

I... wow, don't know where to begin with how complicated I feel about all the weird poo poo I've seen here since 2003, so I'll tldr my own rear end. I really hope that everyone who loved lowtax can find peace and closure soon. Donated to help the kids.

that's nice, man.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
This ain’t the thread to drag Lowtax or to say how you wish he had justice — it’s the thread to maybe help some kids who lost their dad and will have a real loving hard time reconciling who their father was and the decisions he made.

It’s not about any of our feelings, so just chill and give money to some kids who are having a Real Bad Time right now.

Ganbare Gincun
Jul 24, 2014

There Bias Two posted:

I don't think this is the best thread for venting your feelings on the situation.

The thread to vent feelings about this tragic situation is the Screamy Burial Watch thread, where you can also vent your feelings about Screamy STILL imprisoned in a block of ice, unable pass on to the Fish Afterlife until Moola finally buries them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spooky ghost
Feb 11, 2020

Lipstick Apathy
:20bux: