Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drive By
Feb 26, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Just sent $30 while I watched some baller donate $1000. I owe so much to this dead gay forum it's the least I can do.

Good luck kids, I hope you find a way to get past this and make space for the good your dad did in your hearts. My life was immensely improved by this little corner of the internet of his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

tehinternet posted:

This ain’t the thread to drag Lowtax or to say how you wish he had justice — it’s the thread to maybe help some kids who lost their dad and will have a real loving hard time reconciling who their father was and the decisions he made.

It’s not about any of our feelings, so just chill and give money to some kids who are having a Real Bad Time right now.

Well said.

I understand that many of us are grieving right now, but this isn't the thread to vent. There are others. But again, please reach out to the mods if you want to talk in a private space.

Mr. Stark
Sep 13, 2005

Humble Elitist
Haven't been around in over a decade, but I just dropped $25 to pay forward what I've spent here. This forum was a huge part of my life at one point, and I'm thankful for the work Richard put in during those early years. I used to read all his articles and pranks, and there was a time when he was a brilliant and brave satirist charting his own path on the frontiers of comedy. One could compare him to Hunter S. Thompson in a lot of ways, and I truly feel like his work enriched my life and helped shape my view of the world in a positive way. I acknowledge his shortcomings as a person and as a leader, but I want to remember him for the things he created and good he did.

I'm donating to both thank him for the good times and to help atone for his failures as a father.

I wish you weren't so complicated Rich.

Mr. Stark fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 22, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Donated :10bux::10bux::10bux:
one 10 bux for each child

Mudfly
Jun 10, 2012
<please delete this post>

Mudfly fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 20, 2021

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker

Mr. Stark posted:

This forum was a huge part of my life at one point, and I'm thankful for the work Richard put in during those early years. I used to read all his articles and pranks, and there was a time when he was a brilliant and brave satirist charting his own path on the frontiers of comedy....I wish you weren't so complicated Rich.

Same, my jabroni, same. Only seeing 500 users on GBS gives me a lot of emotions that I still have never learned how to handle.

Minister of Sound
Jan 1, 2007

Damn, I wish I was your lett'rer!
Gave :10bux::10bux::10bux:

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I wanted to pop in again to say another thank you. It means so much to me that people have done what they have here. I am so bad with words. So thank you. Truly thank you. I promise this money will go towards the kids and I'm happy to provide any sort of documentation to show that it is should anyone need it if they're feeling hesitant.

Right now I'm homeschooling my daughter and childcare has been expensive and also hard to find in our city, so some will go towards that in the short term when I'm able to secure her a spot so that I'm able to work a part time job on top of continuing to freelance art and design work from home.

I will have an Etsy shop up soon for pet portraits, models and felt figurines if people would rather contribute in that way so that they are recieving something in return. Also if anyone would like a Christmas card from my kiddo please DM me your address and we would be happy to send one your way.

LadyAmbien fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 22, 2021

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

LadyAmbien posted:

I wanted to pop in again to say another thank you. It means so much to me that people have done what they have here. I am so bad with words. So thank you. Truly thank you. I promise this money will go towards the kids and I'm happy to provide any sort of documentation to show that it is should anyone need it if they're feeling hesitant.

Right now I'm homeschooling my daughter and childcare has been expensive and also hard to find in our city, so some will go towards that in the short term when I'm able to secure her a spot so that I'm able to work a part time job on top of continuing to freelance art and design work from home.

I will have an Etsy shop up soon for pet portraits, models and felt figurines if people would rather contribute in that way so that they are recieving something in return. Also if anyone would like a Christmas card from my kiddo please DM me your address and we would be happy to send one your way.

I do look forward to seeing this Etsy store of yours :)

Do you happen to know if your city has anything like a women's equity advisory board? I've noticed some cities have them. If so, then they'd be charged with advising the mayor on issues related to gender barriers, and demand for daycare is usually one of them I think.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I understand that many of us are grieving right now, but this isn't the thread to vent. There are others. But again, please reach out to the mods if you want to talk in a private space.

I'll probably take you up on this. I do self-validate, but it's tough, and being able to vent during a time like this would be great. From a community standpoint, it's rare to even see emotional safety being prioritized here, considering this is a forum that tends to ridicule its own members a lot.

NatashaQuick
Jun 30, 2007

No Mr. Bond,
I expect you to die.
Hope you're riding that giant zipline in the sky

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

LadyAmbien posted:

I promise this money will go towards the kids and I'm happy to provide any sort of documentation to show that it is should anyone need it if they're feeling hesitant.

I personally think this sounds exhausting. Take care of each other and don’t worry about providing a paper trail to the goons. When you donate to something you give up ownership of your money. This isn’t a Kickstarter where we’re expecting a product in return.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pug Rodeo posted:

I personally think this sounds exhausting. Take care of each other and don’t worry about providing a paper trail to the goons. When you donate to something you give up ownership of your money. This isn’t a Kickstarter where we’re expecting a product in return.

Seconding this: @LadyAmbien - what you do with it is almost irrelevant — we gave for your kids. Your well being impacts theirs too, so go hog wild. You don’t owe us poo poo.

I don’t know how you felt about Rich and it’s not my business — all that matters is that you know that it’s okay to feel however you’re feeling right now. It’s all valid and okay. If you hate him, cool. If you miss him, that’s okay too. People are loving complicated and feelings are hard enough without pressuring yourself to feel a certain way.

So yeah. I’m sorry for your loss — again, I don’t know how you felt about him and I don’t want you to explain it. But I know seeing your children lose their father has to be… really, really loving hard, even if he was a shitheel.

All the best to you and your kids.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Yeah all the goons kramering in to demand a full audit for every dollar can kick rocks. I think it’s good to get some professional help to administer everything, but that’s for making sure you don’t get stuck with an unplanned tax liability or other hidden problem.

On top of everything, we’re still in the middle of a pandemic. Do what you need to do to get by. You don’t owe anyone here a thing.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes, getting it set up right is a good thing -for you- when money and family are involved, so please do that, for your own sakes. It's easier to do upfront, when all are friends, so they can stay friends.

At least speaking for myself, these were donations -not purchases- and I trust you over me to know what's best for you and your family in your situation. I have no use of an audit trail and do not wish to see one.

Hope for the best, and hope it gets easier for you from here on out!

:love:

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NatashaQuick posted:

Hope you're riding that giant zipline in the sky

yes the person to have sympathy for in that photo is Lowtax

LadyAmbien posted:

I promise this money will go towards the kids and I'm happy to provide any sort of documentation to show that it is should anyone need it if they're feeling hesitant.

do whatever you can with the money to make your kid's life little less horrible. i don't think anyone is going to be hitting you up for receipts and if they do they are a shithead

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

whydirt posted:

Yeah all the goons kramering in to demand a full audit for every dollar can kick rocks. I think it’s good to get some professional help to administer everything, but that’s for making sure you don’t get stuck with an unplanned tax liability or other hidden problem.

On top of everything, we’re still in the middle of a pandemic. Do what you need to do to get by. You don’t owe anyone here a thing.

Yeah, agreed.

Condimentalist
Jun 13, 2007

Agreed. You don't owe goons anything, even if they donated.

Enrico Furby
Jun 28, 2003

by Hand Knit
So this once free and open internet forum that gave all of us so much joy and comedy, helped spawn everything wrong with the world today via autistic and toxic retardation, started accusing Lowtax of all sorts of poo poo, the guy kills himself, and now this post is "Let's keep it positive! You can talk poo poo about Lowtax elsewhere! Let's pay off his ex who he said was abusive but women can never abuse men so that's impossible!"

Maybe people don't want to talk poo poo about Lowtax. Maybe this forum is full of loving disgusting people who help cause the death of its founder, and who continue to drag society down every day with their pathetic, bottom-of-the-barrel evil masquerading as justice. Maybe that's what people want to talk about but this forum, which used to be a lively source of debate for all sorts of people, has become a groupthinking circlejerking censored hellhole full of faggots. And that's saying something considering how many of you were faggots back in the early 2000s.

I hope every woke retard who took over this site because you're a loving loser autist follows Rich's example. gently caress you and die.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Enrico Furby fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 23, 2021

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

lol u mad?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Enrico Furby posted:

So this once free and open internet forum that gave all of us so much joy and comedy, helped spawn everything wrong with the world today via autistic and toxic retardation, started accusing Lowtax of all sorts of poo poo, the guy kills himself, and now this post is "Let's keep it positive! You can talk poo poo about Lowtax elsewhere! Let's pay off his ex who he said was abusive but women can never abuse men so that's impossible!"

Maybe people don't want to talk poo poo about Lowtax. Maybe this forum is full of loving disgusting people who help cause the death of its founder, and who continue to drag society down every day with their pathetic, bottom-of-the-barrel evil masquerading as justice. Maybe that's what people want to talk about but this forum, which used to be a lively source of debate for all sorts of people, has become a groupthinking circlejerking censored hellhole full of faggots. And that's saying something considering how many of you were faggots back in the early 2000s.

I hope every woke retard who took over this site because you're a loving loser autist follows Rich's example. gently caress you and die.

pity reply

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Enrico Furby posted:

:allears:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Despite your rage, my gay rear end is still here. Sorry you're so impotent.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Enrico Furby posted:

So this once free and open internet forum (snip)

Strong post/av harmony

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
The entire point of this forum was to shut down lovely unfunny posts with a $10 fee and the banhammer. Lurk more

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Enrico Furby should be banned and not just probated in order to give them the harsh 2003-era moderation justice they clearly crave.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Give him the 100,000 hour so he can come back in 2023 to cry about it some more

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
probes for dollars, one hour for every dollar donated

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

And then he never did. :allears:

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enrico Furby posted:

Agreed. This.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Das Boo posted:

Despite your rage, my gay rear end is still here. Sorry you're so impotent.

Despite all your rage you are still the only fag on this page

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Full Metal Jackass posted:

lol

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Full Metal Jackass posted:

:drat:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Enrico Furby posted:

I started to write something in anger, but it quickly turned to… just more sadness when I thought about the place you have to be in mentally to write something like that as a person who’s probably in their thirties. I genuinely hope that you find someone to give you the love that you’re missing.

ColdCaustic
Apr 18, 2003
¡ÚÒ¦×û¡Û
I'm in. RiP

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

I'd like to think there's a middle ground where we can express concern that someone who admitted to hitting their shitheaded-but-still-disabled spouse is potentially profiting off of said spouse's demise without doing.... whatever the hell the above is.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Enrico Furby posted:

I just got paid again, donating another 30 bucks because this post loving sucks

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Tenkaris posted:

I just got paid again, donating another 30 bucks because this post loving sucks

Hell same

What a complete and total loser my god

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

tehinternet posted:

I started to write something in anger, but it quickly turned to… just more sadness when I thought about the place you have to be in mentally to write something like that as a person who’s probably in their thirties. I genuinely hope that you find someone to give you the love that you’re missing.

Same.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I'd like to think there's a middle ground where we can express concern that someone who admitted to hitting their shitheaded-but-still-disabled spouse is potentially profiting off of said spouse's demise without doing.... whatever the hell the above is.

It's not a kickstarter, there is no exchange of goods and services here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
There is no reason for anyone to be suspicious of the fundraiser; nor is there any need to insult others or demand accountability from anyone.

You don't like the fundraiser? gently caress you, keep your mouth shut and go complain on r/redpill or something similar. That's the official stance.