Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

:siren: THIS IS A VERIFIED GOFUNDME FOR THE KYANKA DAUGHTERS. Reach out to site admins if you have any questions on the validity of the link! :siren:

LadyAmbien posted:

I appreciate this and all the other kind comments like this.

There is a stickied post in GBS called For the Children with a link to the GFM where any money raised will be split between the girls and used for their care, any counseling costs and future education funds. .

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-a-friend-in-hiding

Original OP:

Since it has popped up in Fragmaster's thread, if you are looking to help support the Kyanka children, a GoFundMe is available here. This had originally been set up in preparation for assisting LadyAmbien with her legal expenses but obviously now the concern is making sure the children are supported and their mothers can set aside money for their higher education.

To echo the sentiment LA posted, please try to keep comments kind, one day his daughters may read this thread and it would be great if they looked upon it as Goons showing how good we can be to one another in difficult times and not the worst versions of ourselves.

Please feel free to message me or admins if you have any questions.

13Pandora13 posted:

I posted a (brief) update in the GFM regarding the shift in focus, but I will better clarify the new intent when I get a moment to revise the actual description after work.

If we hit a number that will be "tax problem" level I'll work with LA and CYB on establishing 529 Education Savings accounts for each girl and transfer directly to those. Right now the families have immediate support concerns because child support is no longer going to be coming in and SS death benefits to step in in it's place may take a considerable time to sort out due to some unique issues/circumstances.

tehinternet posted:

Gave what I’ve spent here, seemed right.

On the off chance that any of Lowtax’s kids read this one day, I’d say the following to them:

Everybody has parts about themselves that they don’t like, parts that might not be so great and parts that are wonderful. Some people lean into the awful and some lean into the wonderful.

Your dad wasn’t perfect, but you can learn from his choices. You can keep the best parts of him and make them part of you while rejecting the worst parts. His choices are not your fault in any way either and there was nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome.

I don’t know you, but I love you and hope that you all find peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Captain Candiru posted:

A little sad how little $$$ goons could muster and drop in the bucket since 2020. Any individual goon has probably paid more for monthly femdom asmr patreons or to neuter some random cat than this GoFundMe which was set up to help a domestically abused person.

The GFM was not posted to the forums while the trial was ongoing.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Is it possible to set up a gofundme that will (A) split the money between all the kids equally and (B) it'll be held in trust for them, either for education or when they're older? Doing it unofficially and trying to divide it between moms seems like it could get complicated and rough legally and in terms of taxes.

I posted a (brief) update in the GFM regarding the shift in focus, but I will better clarify the new intent when I get a moment to revise the actual description after work.

If we hit a number that will be "tax problem" level I'll work with LA and CYB on establishing 529 Education Savings accounts for each girl and transfer directly to those. Right now the families have immediate support concerns because child support is no longer going to be coming in and SS death benefits to step in in it's place may take a considerable time to sort out due to some unique issues/circumstances.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Holy poo poo you guys, I'm absolutely floored and I know LA and CYB are too. This is incredible.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

frogge posted:

I hope this doesn't come off as uncaringly cold and cynical, as that is not my intent, but was it ever addressed whether or not the funds would go into a trust for the kids to access later, or in a lump sum payment to the organizers which will hopefully be distributed fairly cuz 'we say it will'?

This isn't uncaring and is a reasonable question. Because we've had to keep so much quiet for so long there's minimal established history with how I know LA and CYB.

I apologize if this is vague or seems to have gaps but a great deal of detail needs to remain private until I am confident LA and CYB (and UA) are no longer at risk of being harassed or threatened.

Lowtax had added me on FB a while back and I accepted the request (because why not). When LA first left I supported him but within a few days things weren't adding up, I began recognizing patterns of behavior and language I believed to be strong indicators of abuse, and I de-friended him and reached out to LA to offer my support in any capacity she needed.

Originally LA's need was for help in documentation. She had minimal access to a real computer and was trying to do everything from a phone, which is not terribly useful as far as preserving anything for court that isn't a text message or voicemail. I set up a private large volume cloud storage for her and her attorney where I could drop in things she needed preserved for her case (screenshots of public social media posts, downloads of online streams, etc.) and they would be secure.

I also contacted a handful of other Goons I knew could see the writing on the wall and asked them for assistance as far as establishing a closed network of people who could help out on things with an actual financial component. These Goons, among them Pragmatica, stepped up without question and have been silent support for the last two years. I will not name the others unless they wish to be identified, but this group worked with me to coordinate buying pet supplies, personal items the shelter couldn't provide, things like birthday and Christmas presents for the kiddo, as well as Uber gift cards so LA was able to keep up with appointments and other financial needs. I cannot stress enough how important these Goons were in helping LA (and in helping me keep my head on straight in the times when things got hectic, like the last 3 days); I am little more than an effective coordinator and good ear.

Last year I made arrangements to fly out to MO to sit with UA during her hearing, as she did not have any local contacts in the area and her family was unavailable to travel. The hearing ended up subsequently being postponed and rescheduled for virtual, then cancelled following a plea-out, but with everything booked already anyway I flew out to spend some time with LA and CYB. They both know me ~*online*~ as well as in person.

Over the last two years it has been a great privilege to get to know these two women. It has also been a sometimes upsetting/angering experience to know them and not just hear their side of the story but witness things firsthand and then watch it be lied about online. Due to certain fun legal aspects to their situations they have not been able to speak in their own defense regarding things said about them. Largely they still can't.

LA and CYB, as well as the small Goon team who has worked together with me since 2019 in a shared commitment to help them, know my integrity and capability to organize this not just from words but actions. If that does not assuage your concerns, LA also has all of my personal information and can dime me to law enforcement in three seconds flat.

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 12, 2021

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Wilkins Micawber posted:

This is a dumb question and sorry if it's been asked, but does the GFM proceeds go to all the kids/wives?

I believe they do take a (capped) "processing" cut but every dollar that transfers out will be divided equally among the three children. I will not take anything out to cover anything I end up incurring (setting up a trust, wiring fees, whatever) and when transfers are completed, they'll be updated in the GFM.

(edit)

Beaten:

Space Kablooey posted:

They do take a cut, apparently, and you can also set a fraction (or nothing) of your donation to go towards them.

Fake edit: Here's their fees: https://www.gofundme.com/c/pricing

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Wilkins Micawber posted:

No, sorry, I meant all the kids. Like LadyA and her kid, but also Lauren and her sister, and their mom (Jen?). I know each marriage has been resolved and settled differently (to say the least), but he has kids from both who are growing up without a dad. Sorry if I was unclear.

edit: and to clarify, I'm not trying to take food out of LadyA and her kids' mouth. I know what they went through is uniquely terrible and they deserve every good thing they are able to get out of this wretched tragedy

LA has one daughter. CYB has two. The money will be split evenly among the three girls.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Heath posted:

I knew who LA is, but these other acronyms are lost on me. CYB is his first ex but I have no idea what it stands for. UA too.

CrazyYellowBuppy and UnfortunatelyArt.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

Sex Robot posted:

is the GFM ongoing? I'm in the process of moving to a new apartment and between deposits and fees and furniture my budget is all over the place until the end of December.

Yes. Absolutely everything is appreciated, no matter the amount or time, please nobody put themselves in financial turmoil trying to help.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

MegaGatts posted:

So is this money going into a trust for the girls when they hit 18 or is it going to the moms directly? Just handing two people 90k or whatever basically assures that money's getting blown in a year or less. If there's some kind of legally enforceable mechanism that can be provided to ensure that money is being squared away for the kids I'll drop $100.

Heads up to all the goons donating, don't cancel your Christmas to buy another hotdog stand. This poo poo needs to be enforceable or you're just throwing your money away. I can't believe I have to say this here, apparently in the last 7 years since I visited people forgot, but never trust anyone on the internet with money.

We're at a volume that I'm hiring a trust attorney, not because I don't trust LA and CYB but because there's tax implications I don't want to screw them (or me) over on.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

pliable posted:

I'm beginning to have legitimate concern that this money will actually go to the Kyanka children. I think we need to implement some accountability measure in order to absolutely, 1000% ensure these go to the children.

I understand your reservations and as I noted above, I am in the process of hiring an attorney to establish a trust.

Loosely the plan is to set up an even division for each girl with a large chunk reserved for when they are older and a smaller portion reserved for regular dispersal to LA and CBY to cover the girls' current care and support needs. This is not the area of law I have any level of expertise on though, which is why I'm hiring an attorney.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That's a really good idea. Hopefully it's unnecessary at this point, but it seems like that could also help make sure that any money going to the families isn't at risk of being exposed to any debts Lowtax's estate may have. I'm not really familiar with estate law and such, but having a lawyer on board is almost certainly the best course of action now.

Debt doesn't pass to children, but yes, the idea is to make sure the money is fairly distributed, secure, and doesn't put them (or me) in a position tax-wise where it will cause problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

pliable posted:

How's this coming along dawg?

It is progressing, but it's not an instant thing. I could self-author a trust to open a bank account in the trust's name and get it done in two seconds but 1. that would be shady AF and 2. it would require me to be on the hook for mailing out checks or sending wires at the agreed periods. Getting an actual attorney to handle is better all around, but they take more time (and money).

Someone mentioned it earlier but I can't find it to quote, but we've cleared up everything with GFM. I'm not sure if it's an automatic thing at a certain dollar amount, or a bad actor did try to cause issues, but both myself and LadyAmbien have gone through their steps to confirm that I am who I say I am, she is who I said she is, and what the plan is as far as disbursing the money through a trust equally to the 3 girls. There was never any kind of hold on the fundraiser itself, just some confirmation procedures we had to do before any money could be released and by March 2022. My plan is to have the trust in force before end of year so the trust can be funded/the GFM money withdrawn, and the monthly payments on the smaller portion of allocated funds can begin no later than January.