Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
Reserve your posting itt for the posting of the computer veterans!

That means computers whom are old, computers whom served in the war, computer humans whom are old, and computer humans whom served in the war.

I will start:

1. The computer from imitation game

(pictured: computer left, benedict cum-on-back right)

WOW! What a computer! it was really smart and clever. it could probably beat u at chess, even tho its like 80 years old now and thus a veteran

2. Bill Gates

we all lknow this fella! he was the guy that invented the computer by stealing it from his friend steve. (he later gave steve aids)

3. Steve Jobs!!!

the best computer invisioneer. he made computer and then he made tiny computer. and then slightly bigger computer. he also invented marketing and then reinvisioneered it again.

he later got aids from his butt buddy tim cock, and then the immunosuppressants he took for the aids gave him cancer, which killed him to death 10 years ago. since then, tim cool has run apple into the ground

4. WOw! those are some amazing computer veterans! whom are some other computer veterans and veteran computers?? and why???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i made my background a field of poppies to remember our fallin computer bretheran :britain:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

a true veteran

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

me op

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

yeah, i'm a computer veteran. i was in the SA/FARK/Ebaums cyberwar, served in the SA 25th poo poo Posting Battalion. i have the wounds to prove it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Steve jobs died in 2011.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

meme war veteran reporting in .

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

only the dead have seen the end of tek war

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017
6. Bill Grates

Many people say bill grates is one of the greats. And if u said that too,,,, youd be right!

He invented MS DOS, MS UNO, and MS TRES.

After inventing Windows on ten separate occasions, he decided to stop working on personal computer. he instead moved to work on nano machine technology, which he now embeds in pharmaceuticals. Wow!

Bill is one of the oldest computer veterans, at the plump age of 86. his liver spots give away his age - and his wisdom!

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
A curious game.

The only way to win is not to play.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as a retired veteran of four entire console wars, I

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

hail to the king baby

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

two tours of duty in the flame wars

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

qirex posted:

this is how I get my lowes discount when they ask if I'm a veteran

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

akadajet posted:

this is how I get my lowes discount when they ask if I'm a veteran

I have seen boomers wearing “Cold War veteran” hats designed to look like those ones for specific ships, they even have fake embroidered citation ribbons on them

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

qirex posted:

I have seen boomers wearing “Cold War veteran” hats designed to look like those ones for specific ships, they even have fake embroidered citation ribbons on them

i would wear one of these

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I would hella wear one of those, where would I purchase such a thing

edit: on amazon, duh https://www.amazon.com/First-Military-Choice-Veteran-Green/dp/B08KWHQ5MW/

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War_Victory_Medal

quote:

The Cold War Victory Medal is both an official medal of the U.S. National Guard and an unofficial military medal of the United States.

so i guess commanders can just make up medals for whatever?? wild.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_War_Victory_Medal

so i guess commanders can just make up medals for whatever?? wild.

lmao at hilldawg sponsoring 6 different bills to try and make it a real medal

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

despite getting everything their whole lives boomers are still jealous of their parents

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

despite getting everything their whole lives boomers are still jealous of their parents

yeah cuz they were allowed to be full racists out in the open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol his nose