Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Help me, Truck-kun, you're my only hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My power is out and my internet is crap so I might not be able to post much until tomorrow

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The power is STILL out. Being trapped on an island in the Pacific northwest sucks.

##enter shop while my phone still has juice.

...oh god it's like my phone came with me to a low-tsch world and I have to make it last so I can use it when I need it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Shellception posted:

Also, who's an alt account? Lol.

I'm an alt of TheMcD (nobody here will get this joke).

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My power is still out and I'm not happy about it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just woke up, power is still loving out, cell phone down to 34% battery.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I got a power bank so my phone is back at 98% woo.

Yes the power is still out yes I hate it yes it's loving cold tonight

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

do u live in bc or smth

Washington state, trapped on an island in Puget Sound.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The power is finally back on!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So aside from the fact that I feel like I have no chance of catching up for day 1, it sure as (s)hell seems like Shell is town.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't see what the shop thing has to do with identifying scum. For me it's just a matter of "see button, push button" because in a role madness game, we're here to (presumably) use our many and (presumably) varied role powers. One person choosing not to push button doesn't automatically mean scum.

I don't know what binus's deal with "get out of the shop" is and my only idea is that their role power interacts with day actions in some fashion.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Issa joke I think

That's fair but wasn't it also repeated several times? I'm pretty sure binus posted it more than once, but I'm re-reading things so maybe it was multiple times in fairly rapid succession as part of a quick back-and-forth, and I shouldn't be reading into that.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I got dayvig'd for a gimmick everyone is now stealing.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Even just gut reads is better than nothing. I hate to say it but you're just kind of repeating something a lot of others have said, that Shell looks town.

My brain is the bad but here are some tone reads:

Town
Shell
Toal
RF

Scum
Deadmeat
Sandicap
Tom Tucker

Dunno
Everyone else

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My god, my brain told me that Tom Tucker posted and I should re-read since I got scum tone from them. Except they didn't, it was just SNG voting for Tom Tucker.

I need some sleep or something.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yeah I'm not buying this "pattern" argument from SNG

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

I’m thinking hal and sng are town

I would be more willing to think SNG is just a mistaken town if it weren't for the sudden swerve vote onto Bif

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Personally I would prefer SNG to binus but there may be no other choice to avoid a no lunch. I'll still be around to change if need be but for now

##vote SNG

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Shell did you get any kind of event or anything? I didn't get any kind of follow up from the shop, wondering if anyone else did

I got nothing from the shop.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##Enter shop

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Maybe I'll get something this time.

Also trying to get everyone to list out whatever items/boons they got just seems like a way to paint targets onto them for scum to kill.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I would probably be better at participating in mafia if I knew the difference between a good case and a bad one. As it stands, I'm just going by tone and feel for who I think is scum.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Like, I get scum vibes from Tobbs. They put a lot of effort into reading breadcrumbs that didn't actually add anything to the discussion and wasn't scum hunting. Just this morning, Tobbs is asked about Toal, says they'll read Toal, and comes back all of six minutes later with a barely-commital stance that just mirrors other people's "town Toal doesn't act this way" but with even less articulation.

But I don't know if this is actually a good case against Tobbs or not.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm sticking with Tobbs as scum for now, and I'm about to leave to go see Dune (finally).

##vote Tobbs

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

You are all little chickens, cheep cheep cheep cheep!

merk posted:

There’s a decent amount of “I don’t like what this player is doing” votes instead of “what this player is doing is scummy” votes.

Oh hi merk

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well I'll be home in time for deadline but I'm at the FLGS right now. I don't know for sure what the Dex case is and I'd rather vote Toal than Dex, but I'd still rather vote Tobbs out over either.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

What do you think about SNG

What do you think about Hal

What do you think about merk

I can't tell genuine town frustration from scum flailing, I don't mind an SNG lunch.

I don't know enough about Hal, their tone hasn't stood out to me.

I would sooner vote merk than Dex but merk would be behind Toal (and Tobbs) for me.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm home and said I'd be back before deadline.

##vote SNG

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##enter shop

Maybe third time's the charm.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

My brain is not working right now and I do-

gently caress I forgot my meds. That's why. I guess it's a good thing I tried to post.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Meds out of the fridge, 15 minutes until I can actually inject them. Time to reread.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I re-read and my brain still hurts. I don't like Tobbs's or Deadmeat's posting today. Ambivalent about Toal claim. Don't wanna lunch Dex.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Time to jab a needle into my thigh, tomorrow or the next day I should be cognizant again.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just don't think the jail alone is enough to warrant lunching Dex when a role madness game has so many potential ways to stop a kill, plus shop items on top of that which might do it. I didn't think there was much of a case against Dex yesterday and this hasn't swayed me.

I still think Tobbs is a good lunch though.

##vote Tobbs

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I am out of it (as I usually am the day after my monthly injection) but lol at thinking taste is scum for the jailer claim.

Also lol at taste's "I have one data point therefore I will die on this hill" like, 'we are in a role madness game' is a data point, it's fair to assume literally everyone has a power, I don't know the meta on a BP claiming or not but I am pretty drat sure a doc won't claim.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't know what's going on anymore with the merk/Toal/bif thing

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

We all just gonna forget about Tobbs huh

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Sandicap posted:

It's hard to look at Circl as anything but town because he is the only one following up on the Tobbs scum case that I want to get in the forefront as much as possible.

If dex is town and you are town then trying to divert to another execution is a townie thing. If either (or both) of you are scum, then I'd look harder at Circl. But until we get those flips it is hard to make that argument.

Speaking of diverting to another execution, this morning seems by far the most Tobbs has posted all game and it was to put attention back on merk when people were posting town reads on merk and trying to discuss deadmeat and dex again instead.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I guess when I say "this morning" I should clarify I mean "all the posts that were there when I woke up this morning, I'm not looking at timestamps but Tobbs posted like six times in a row or something". So, this morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

We've got four hours until deadline, and as much as I would love to get an actual scum lunched today (like for instance Tobbs) I would rather vote merk than Dex.

Honestly I'm leaning town on both merk and Dex, and I don't want to hammer either of them.