Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In as Rip Van Winkle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dexanth posted:

Which is to say, I adore being dumb, albeit not winvirus-tier dumb

Chandler catching strays drat

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

On the other hand I’d like to welcome Sandi to his first game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##enter shop

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hoping shop resolution provides fodder for discussion honestly

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m waiting on my man

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

(The shopkeeper)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Shop keeper, I am going into battle and I require your strongest potions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FGsw7hTKA

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadline is tonight, right

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

I don't see what the shop thing has to do with identifying scum. For me it's just a matter of "see button, push button" because in a role madness game, we're here to (presumably) use our many and (presumably) varied role powers. One person choosing not to push button doesn't automatically mean scum.

I don't know what binus's deal with "get out of the shop" is and my only idea is that their role power interacts with day actions in some fashion.

Issa joke I think

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s just a joke!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

If they do it consistently every time regardless of alignment yeah.

Wrong, I’m going to kill him

##vote beemer

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Whoa there

##unvote whoever assigned my vote to him before I could do it within a minute is probably scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Whoa there

##unvote whoever assigned my vote to him before I could do it within a minute is probably scum

I’d like to examine this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I personally wouldn't touch someone else's vote, but what is your concern exactly? Whoever did it put it where you'd intended, no?

Whoever did it was so quick on the draw that they did it before the thirty seconds or so it took me

That back to back with merk’s double vote hammer makes me suspicious!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##enter shop

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You gotta be straight with me here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Name one scum. Either as an oppositional player or a teammate

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I feel you but if I had a cop, merk would be my obvious first target. Nobody’s squealing so

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

For whatever it’s worth, I jailed dexanth

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*faintly, and completely defeated* ##enter shop

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m not going to go into extensive theorycrafting about what a scum x would do to unknown y when we don’t even know if x is scum

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If Toal comes across as towny ever something is seriously wrong

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote dexanth

I think it’s likelier that scum would want her alive if she was town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shellception posted:

So that makes her... not the nightkill?

Yes. It makes her scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tom Tucker posted:

I don't follow this logic

I have one point of verifiable data in front of me and it’s that I jailed X on a night with no kill

Ignoring the vast sea of other actions I’m inclined to identify my jailing if X as causative of the no kill result

Either X was killer or target

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Some fear and lash out at what they don’t understand I guess but that reads big fake to me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tom Tucker posted:

Like is it just "Dex was roleblocked on a night with no kill thus it seems likely this could have prevented the kill" because I think we all get that but this whole "scum would want to keep her alive" thing is confusing.

Scum keep scummy players alive to lynch rather than burn kills

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

:hmmyes:

##vote taste

I believe my clever gambit has born fruit.

Buddy, this is the first of your posts I’ve read

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

i dont know why this needs explaining

but an unprompted jailer claim on a night with no kill, is fairly town.

I feel like I’ve had to explain much more often of late how I got from A to C while everyone knows B is in the middle

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

You were just in a game with a scum jailer. I'm not saying taste is but you can't dismiss that idea so easily.

Has taste said who his N1 target was?

No

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dexanth posted:

This is really piss poor meta logic here, and hella scummy as a reason to vote me, FYI.

Your entire justification here hinges on metagaming the scum team in a role madness game. For all we know I got bussed with the real scum NK, then the jail saved me WHO KNOWS

And bluntly there is far better reason to vote me out there than this. Which is why it is a scummy vote.

That’s not what metagaming is

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

*snaps finger* focus toaly

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No, it’s making a determination based on limited possibilities and relative probability, like every other read in the game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok, now you’re pleading meta

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Besides what’s dumb about having the sus scum perform the kill?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I think Taste is town but being very foolish to rely on night actions in a Yamigame

Night actions in context of an already scummy player

It’s icing on the cake, not the batter

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah that would be fine, and if you still think Dex just sounds sus then keep at it sure, you just seemed really myopic about the many many other things that could have happened to stop a kill with no relation to Dex whatsoever

If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dexanth posted:

If you did you should shoot Merk at this point, who is seriously way scummier than I can possibly be

The main case against me now is a single night action. The main case against Merk is Merk's /actual content/

*Ignoring all the other nails in the coffin* this won’t keep me here