Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Yo I’m alive! Meaning I can’t wait for truck kun to deliver me to a mafia game~
I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The great sand Cult rises again in a new world~ Join us, our alliance grows against the scum.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

This smells like a trap from hell and I will happily be the only survivor.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Also lmao just lmao at my presentation group straight not doing their jobs and forcing me to do all their work for them. I shall take my frustrations out and ##vote Taste

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Lmao if I die for being the one dude not in the safety of the shop :v:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandicap posted:

Who's this Grandicap bloke? He sounds well spoken and handsome.

He does but not as dapper as Sandicap.

Shellception posted:

Maybe the only person standing outside is actually the shopkeeper, and that's why service is so slow here?

I wish it were the case, but I’m just strolling down the paths. Still not going inside though.

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm good with Sandi or SNG. Probably Hal too just for the trifecta

Nah I’m not scum, just the first days of work with no phone is all. Hal is posting neutrally at the moment, I’ll look into sandi to see if he’s betraying the sanctity of the sand alliance.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Town read on shell, they are very active and hunting strongly despite the slow pace of the game this D1, and I think it’s a poor play by Scum to stick out there so hard when coasting by with half the energy would suffice.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Shellception posted:

Not sure about the SNG push. They did (performatively, sure) not enter the shop when everybody was already inside, everybody presumably including scum, unless we have the smallest scum team in history. Why draw attention to themselves that way if they had anything to hide?

Other than that, it seems like a push to lunch a lurker. Which, eh. It's not like half the game isn't lurking at this point, so it doesn't really make me feel too comfortable.

Wait is there a push I wasn’t seeing on me? Aside from the initial “didn’t go inside the shop” I didn’t see that, but then when I checked it still seems we don’t know what the shop is for so who knows. My role has nothing to do with the store btw, I just missed the initial rush and figured someone should stay outside so the whole town didn’t die lol.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rip, I missed like 2 pages that would have answered my last question. Anyway, I swear not to lurk anymore aside from work hours please don’t kill me, tia.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

idk it was pretty spooky of you to do that if you ask me. what if you get up to something shady out there with no one to watch you.

Can confirm, I’m a shady guy this game. But a townie! You should have me outside yes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandicap posted:

God I wish it were an all Sand scum team. It would have been glorious.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Legit tho, shopkeeper please shop keep so everyone doesn’t snipe me for staying outside plz.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

merk posted:

You caught up and didn't do anything, so please do some scum hunting.

Caught up at 2 am then went to sleep :v: scumhunting post shortly.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all, SNG still hasn't posted hardly anything so I feel ok still voting him, but I'd switch back to Hal.

Good morning! So, let me posit some things now that I’m on lunch~

Hal is posting like hal normally does on day 1, a little more actively than usual but I’ll chalk that up to and I don’t begrudge anyone for voting a lurker D1, beyond the usual grumbles that it’s a lazy vote. Especially given a solid half the player base would qualify.

Tommy is my vote today. Gave some strong reads, long posts, then disappeared. This isn’t a hypocritical lurker post, it’s that a power move with reads first, stir the pot for town cred and then no follow up is a good scum play on a D1 this slow.

##vote Tom Tucker

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

My god, my brain told me that Tom Tucker posted and I should re-read since I got scum tone from them. Except they didn't, it was just SNG voting for Tom Tucker.

I need some sleep or something.

Get sleep and then vote for Tom, it’s a good choice and I’m surprised no one else has leaned on that.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Tom hasn't been around much, but when he was around earlier, he put in a solid effort. Is there something I missed that makes you want to pick him out from all the other lurkers who have had less content?

Yes. Like I said, it was the timing of his long post, which reads as town, followed by silence despite the tightening deadline, in tandem with the slow and content light day 1, I see that as a scum play. With most of the other lurkers, their posts aren’t as curated for maximum use if they were scum playing.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

Sorry I haven't been around much - when I get busy I mostly have time to put in real effort in the early afternoons, same as yesterday.

Seeing my name coming up a bunch in lists as someone scummy without a ton of votes behind it. Doesn't bother me but SNG and B Minus's efforts around it totally do.

For B Minus - they voted for me with zero reason and are now just justifying it after the fact. The post saying SNG's vote is a "good vote" is such nonsense. B Minus has stuck their cart out and SNG is only perfectly happy to be the horse behind it.
For SNG the whole vote itself is bad, see below.

I come in and put more content and more reads into a single post than most people have done this game and SNG is knocking me for "disappearin" or "stirring the pot". Literally saying who you get town or scum reads on is the basis of the game and tons of other people are doing it but because they spread out their lesser reads across multiple posts (where they can get lost) it's fine, but I do mine all at once, thus drawing more attention to them and sparking more interaction, and it's "disappearing?" No, that's nonsense, and SNG's post is nonsense.

B minus has behaved totally arbitrarily and scummy with zero content and has made a vote on me, utterly unjustified (this isn't hyperbole the post was only a vote and the first time they had brought me up) and now that I "feel" like a valid alternative because others have put me in their "scum vibe" lists (with no reason I may add weird as hell - whenever I make a large post and mention someone I at least show em the respect of saying why I think they're scum or town but oh well) meaning they feel some vague momentum could be built there.

B minus and SNG both highly scum read, would prefer B Minus due to the zero content and backwards-justification of a vote once it became popular but would vote SNG as well due to somehow calling my scum hunting a "power move" to justify pushing onto a strong contender to distract from them.

Yes, I knocked you for that. I feel it’s a valid read on a scum play. How is that nonsense? Even if you disagree that you are scum, it doesn’t make my read less valid. On a light D1, with little to hook on, and with a ton of lurking, a solid scum strat is to make a long post, choose a townie to vote, follow with a short post that you’re willing to move votes if needed, and then disappear. It’s the *pattern and timing* that I’m calling scummy, not the scumhunt itself. I can’t speak for B- or why they are voting you, but I’m standing by my read. You coming back directly after I vote you with reasoning how I highly likely must be scum but not voting me is telling as well.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

Curious if you can elaborate on this. My posts are "curated for maximum use"? I don't understand what that means, and other players don't do this if they are scum?

Walking to car will answer shortly!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

Curious if you can elaborate on this. My posts are "curated for maximum use"? I don't understand what that means, and other players don't do this if they are scum?

I mean, if I’m looking at a slate of lurkers to try and scumhunt them D1, I’m going to compare their posting patterns with what I feel would be most advantageous to scum. Then, I will vote those with a more advantageous position first, all else being equal. It proves out on a number of these games, so I’m trying it this time myself.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

It's nonsense because you're knocking me for quantity rather than quality

Are you just not reading what I’m writing? I voted on the *pattern* not the quantity

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok nvm I take it back

##unvote Hal

##vote SNG

Sorry to Yami for the confessional spam

Okay, was it Tom that convinced you to switch back so quickly, or my argument? And if so, why? Because this seems sus.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I find it slightly hard to believe that much thought was really put into this. Unless all that thought was actually "how can I make this vote most sound believable, as scum"

Wait wait. You find it hard to believe that in a deduction game, I made deductions at put time into it? Bif that’s ridiculous, disingenuous and the scummiest post so far this thread.

##vote bif

But at least it’s finally a hook not reliant on pattern posting.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

That said, Tom is still, of the lurkers, the one with the most sus pattern.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CirclMastr posted:

Yeah I'm not buying this "pattern" argument from SNG

Why?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bif we’ve played how many games together? You *know* overthinking things is my MO.

Bifauxnen posted:

You, going on so much about it didn't feel as sincere as the first reply.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

This "pattern" thing is nonsense dude you're saying posting fewer higher-content posts is scummier than more lower-content posts? That doesn't make sense I'd say the opposite is true - it's 100x easier to fly under the radar by making 30 zero-content posts than 1 high-content post.

For an example look at B minus!

That’s not what I’m saying? At all?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah the more SNG overjustified it, the more it feels like he picked Tom purely so his lurker vote looks better for having more substance

I’m sorry, but yes? I don’t feel like making an unsubstantiated vote is a good policy as town? What is your point?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

So it's the time I'm posting? That's just when I'm usually free during the day. That pattern?

No. It’s the “joke phase posts, then serious, long form post. Then a waffle would vote post, then radio silence”. It, of all the lurkers, makes most sense as scum. If you did 30 no content posts, or jokephase waffle then long post, or even long post then dip, those would all be other, less scum advantageous patterns. It’s a poor read compared to obvious hooks like disingenuous posting or active contradictions but on a D1 where the only real traction is meta posting, lurkers, or a strange shop thing that has yet to pan out, I’ll stand by it as a starter vote. Then Bif posted, I feel it’s a better vote, and I switched. Ta da.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

It's an easy point, I now have an actual scum list and you're on it

That’s not how that works as a point. The scum list, sure, but as a point “he’s playing the game and putting time into it” is not a strong point to use

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So if I'm understanding correctly, SNG's strongest scum read this game is Tom because he came in with some good long posts and thoughtful reads and then didn't post for a while.

He says nothing about the content, just makes a quick argument from a mechanics standpoint that is deeply flawed, and when called out on it sticks to his dumb idea and flails around with a Bif vote.

Flail more, scum.

##unvote Hal
##vote SNG

Would still vote Dex but am feeling better with Hal throwing out opinions that are a bit more solid.

No my strongest scum read is now Bif. It’s not a dumb idea, and I’ve not back tracked. Of the lurkers, Tom is the most advantageous to scum. Bif, in their response, is v scummy. Hence why my vote is on them?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll clarify here since my language may have been a bit too vague before.

Its not "you are putting X amount of time and thought into the game."

It's that, after you provided all those additional thoughts, the content of those extra thoughts no longer felt as believably townie to me.

Okay that at least makes a little more sense.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

Can we hire ecco to come in and keep track of all the games for now

Retro, you *were* sus on me before I posted the Tom read. Outside of lurking, why?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

##unvote
##vote sng

Been suspicious of him basically all day and these last batch of posts cemented it. Also I think deadline is like 1am my time and I'm exhausted from sleeping like poo poo for the last 2 weeks so while I will try and check in again tonight I might just go home and pass out on the couch.

Referencing this post, sorry. Work posting.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

Is the votecount right? I could have sworn SNG and me had way more votes.

I have 3 currently.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

You just have 1 Tom.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nvm Tom and Hal both have 2 I think

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I really don't like SNG's recent posts or his overreactive swing onto me, for allegedly having the ~scummiest post in the whole thread~ but if I am wrong there I do think Tobbs has the most opportunistic feeling vote joining in with me, yes.

Well, based on your initially vague language, it was!

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Dexanth posted:

Okay given it is close to deadline

##Vote B-

Scumlist RN would be B-, Hal, Toal, SNG if I had to guess

B- gets the first on this now because I don't see any momentum on Hal besides me and I think they read as more disingenuous than SNG

SNG feels scummy but could also just be lovely town

basically I have a Lumpen-style read on SNG right now for my fellow Ancient Mafia players

Ouch, I’m wounded. Still, I’m liking Dex as town, I disagree on the Hal vote but their reasoning on their reads seems sound.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Will return to being a lurker b4 deadline unfortunately, not allowed to have my phone from 5 pacific onward except on break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Hal Insandenza posted:

What are these binus votes all about? Was there some egregious thing beyond the get out of the shop stuff or is it just the usual no one understands binus votes

It’s the latter I think. Honestly, this shop thing, given how it has yet to have an effect, seems to be a chaotic neutral submission that just added a layer no one can agree on yet. Still, at this point I have no choice but to remain outside. Sunk cost fallacy.