Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don’t know what an isneai is and I’m not going to figure it out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tom, in role madness games, all you need to know is that I will start complaining loudly about night action bingo mafia starting at the latest on day 3.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm only signing up because I think the last time I played a game merk said he was quitting mafia forever.

You’re going to have to be more specific

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
[quote="Hal Insandenza" post="519279954"]
##vote deadmeat5150 sorry guy
[/quote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandicap posted:

Thank you taste, I look forward to my new sunny disposition, I'm just beachy, thanks for asking. I'm doing just fine and sandy.
I am ready to construct my sandcastle of cases, and with my toes in the sand, and drink in my hand, find the scum, and wave bye to them.

Interesting comments here because Sandwolf rolls scum more often than anyone else.

##vote Sandicap

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

Anyway I actually gotta go sleep, so here's a question for you all to open the game up a bit.

Suppose all 17 players got a vig D1. Who'd be the last one standing?

I think these content games never find scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

But do they originate from scum?

Good question. I’ve never thought about that.

You’re about to merk me aren’t you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CirclMastr posted:

My power is out and my internet is crap so I might not be able to post much until tomorrow

This doesn't change anything

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
[quote="Maerlyn" post="519292100"]
##Enter Shop

Fortune favors the bold
[/quote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Maerlyn my comment on Circl was a joke.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
[quote="Shellception" post="519293733"]
I know why you're doing this, but the broken formatting schtick is playing hell with my brain. I just keep seeing it and wanting to edit it to be not broken, and then I realize a) no editing on maf and b) that's not even my post, wtf.

So, if it's some kind of psychological warfare, well done, it's working.
[/quote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

What's the currency of this universe? Is it gold?

You won’t find any of that in this thread

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

One more thing. I do need a townie for tonight. You don't need to do anything and I am not looking for volunteers, probably won't take them anyway. But time keeps passing, we shouldn't be that far from deadline now, and my town reads are all at the "meh" level of confidence. I can hand out a boon tonight, I want that boon to go to someone who'll use it well, and I don't really want it to land on scum.

So, if people would start actually playing, so I can get some reliable town reads, that'd be a nice help.

Thank you.

(I realize I am opening myself to blocks or whatever else can be around, but if scum really wants to spend a block on me, well, you do you)

I’ll volunteer

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Shellception posted:

To play? Why, thank you!

Nothing jumping out yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CirclMastr posted:

I just woke up, power is still loving out, cell phone down to 34% battery.

If you have a car, you can charge your phone in your car. I had to do that when power was out a couple years ago.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

We have to start putting some pressure somewhere to see what falls out. You had two votes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I used to be super active on d1, usually lead whatever elimination happened that day. That was when I was a filled with vitriol youth. Now, I am a laid back grouch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm glad you are getting good merk vibes. That's the towniest read I have as well.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote sng

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandicap posted:

No, don't vote SNG, I need my sand bretheren to survive or else this name change was a poor decision.
What's the point of being the only sand in the game, we travel in dunes to hide our numbers.

But for real, he's a lurker who didn't interact with the shop mechanic, is there more to it or is that what is getting everyone in a tizzy?

The spice must flow

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why is everyone sand anyways?

Also there is zero chance of me being awake at 4am Friday.

Apologies for this OOC post.

This post feels weird.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

This post feels weird.

But not as weird as this post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

This smells like a trap from hell and I will happily be the only survivor.

sandnavyguy posted:

Lmao if I die for being the one dude not in the safety of the shop :v:

sandnavyguy posted:

Also lmao just lmao at my presentation group straight not doing their jobs and forcing me to do all their work for them. I shall take my frustrations out and ##vote Taste
---

merk posted:

##vote sng

Tom Tucker posted:

I too would vote SNG

Bifauxnen posted:

Same

##vote SNG

Sandicap posted:

No, don't vote SNG, I need my sand bretheren to survive or else this name change was a poor decision.
What's the point of being the only sand in the game, we travel in dunes to hide our numbers.

But for real, he's a lurker who didn't interact with the shop mechanic, is there more to it or is that what is getting everyone in a tizzy?

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm good with Sandi or SNG. Probably Hal too just for the trifecta

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat. Binus not coming across great this far either.

Feel decent about Tom I think, no one else really jumping out to me

Is my vote still on deadmeat? He’s not that great either now looking back, still gonna ##vote Dexanth as much as I like to give returning vets some time.

Shellception posted:

Not sure about the SNG push. They did (performatively, sure) not enter the shop when everybody was already inside, everybody presumably including scum, unless we have the smallest scum team in history. Why draw attention to themselves that way if they had anything to hide?

Other than that, it seems like a push to lunch a lurker. Which, eh. It's not like half the game isn't lurking at this point, so it doesn't really make me feel too comfortable.

I want to dive into this SNG talk. There's a bunch of naked votes on SNG (merk, TT, Bif, RF) a very well explained Shell post questioning the push, and then there's Hal.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat.

How does Hal 'not get good feelings' about sng when sng is blatantly lurking. There's nothing to get a good or bad feeling about here. Hal doesn't explain that sentiment, but he opens the door up to vote sng if needed. This is how scum play d1.

##vote Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Read "naked votes" as "naked votes and comments that they would vote." Hal goes further by opening the door with a fake add on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do not know SNG's alignment, but I think Hal is implicated either way. For example, if SNG is scum, Hal is opening up the door with a little fake justification to vote his buddy if needed that will hopefully look like less of a bus because he set it up. If SNG is town, Hal is opening up the door to get on a bandwagon earlier rather than later if needed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

Legit tho, shopkeeper please shop keep so everyone doesn’t snipe me for staying outside plz.

You caught up and didn't do anything, so please do some scum hunting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Please point to a game where I made a bunch of casing posts about anyone on D1, thanks.

I am not going to do that, and I think people that do are almost always scum.

Good rebuttal though! I did miss that post.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dexanth posted:

I am also kind of sus of Merk because Merk LOVES scumhunting so this like memeposting feels off

The only thing I don't like about Dex is this meta point on me. Dex hasn't played a game with me in at least 1+ years, so why would you assume I am the same player I was before? Why rely on meta at all?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok.

##vote dexanth

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Awww I am a bit testy today because I’ve been up for 32 hours or so and I spent the night flying to New Mexico, fixing a dumb problem and then flying home at 5am and going right into another work day. I definitely feel like I’ve been a bit snarky today

Open a bottle of wine and sit by the fire with your cell phone in another room. Solves all my work problems.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When is deadline and what is votecount? 1996 mafia is hard to keep up with

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (4): PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, Shellception, Tom Tucker, Maerlyn, Toalpaz
sandnavyguy (3): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, merk, Bifauxnen, merk, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Retro Futurist
Dexanth (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Insandenza, Tobbs Gnawed, merk
Tobbs Gnawed (2): Sandicap, Shellception
Sandicap (1): Hal Insandenza, Dexanth, Hal Insandenza, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, Dexanth, Tobbs Gnawed, merk, Retro Futurist, Deadmeat5150, Retro Futurist
Bifauxnen (1): sandnavyguy
Tom Tucker (1): b-minus1, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Hal Insandenza (1): Maerlyn, Bifauxnen, merk, Dexanth, merk, Bifauxnen, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, merk, Maerlyn, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed
PlasticAutomaton (0): Deadmeat5150, Deadmeat5150
Deadmeat5150 (0): Hal Insandenza, merk, merk, Hal Insandenza
Maerlyn (0): Retro Futurist, Dexanth, Retro Futurist, Dexanth
t a s t e (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy

Not Voting (2): CirclMastr, t a s t e

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2021 at 4 a.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 34 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hmm... ##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. New votes work it looks like? ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is the deadline correct?