Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

since I'm visiting the forums again for the first time in forever, I decided to go through and gather up a small chunk of what I've made for SA over the years and put it into a single thread so that people can download it if they want for nostalgia purposes, since almost none of it is available anywhere else, and it's just sitting on my hard drive anyway.

I'm not sharing anything I was paid to do, since who knows where ownership falls on that - there were no contracts ever. This is almost nothing anyway, just Doom House and Mood House, and both of those were paid way under my actual rate (about 10% or less). Everything else I did for SA, I was paid absolutely nothing for and it's still mine, so I'm sharing it. If you hear music in this stuff, I wrote it. If you hear a voice, that's me (unless it's recognizably Fragmaster, or a woman). If you don't want it, that's also fine, ignore it, I don't care, live your life man. here are the things:

Things I made for the Flash Tub

Link - Music for Chufflebells (the very first Flash Tub)
Link - Chufflebells title card
Link - Dracula is Coming End Narration
Link - My orchestration of Breakfast Duck's Terrible Christmas - A Letter to Santa
Link - The music and narration that I made for Hopkin Green Frog, a Film Noir Detective Story
Link - The same thing, but with the original music I pitched (I think the notes said "it's too fast"? I don't remember. I still like this version better.)
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers main theme sting
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 1, all music
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 2, scene 1 music
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 2, scene 2 music
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 3, all music
Link - Moof's Cartoon 1, Melodo Perez The Christmas Lobster
Link - Moof's Cartoon 2, Spooky Milo, The Lonely Halloween Spider
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Christmas Time In Essex (lyrics by Shmorky)
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Coal Mining Boy (lyrics by Shmorky)
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Regular Scrooge (lyrics by Shmorky)
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Who Am I (lyrics by Shmorky)

Things I made specifically for Lowtax's projects
Link - Original version of the Salad song, Part 1
Link - Original version of the Salad song, Part 2
Link - Original version of the Salad song, Part 3
Link - After Lowtax was told he couldn't have any swearing in his fake commercials, he changed "poo poo" to "hooray" and asked me to re-record everything.
Link - One day Lowtax hassled me to make him a "spaghetti western sounding" theme for Reginald P. Linux. I made this for him, and then he demanded I speed it up. I did. He never used it.

Things I made in FYAD for requests

Link - "sing me a song about a girl"
Link - "sing a song about how girls are pretty, here are the lyrics"
Link - "my favorite song is the song of meat, sing that"

Doom House Stuff

Link - Doom House: Trailer Music (I think this was unused?)
Link - Doom House: Intro and car scene
Link - Doom House: A short reusable cue
Link - Doom House: Triumphant Victory
Link - Doom House: Weird Figurine Music

Other things

Link - The time I made a Tomtom voice out of Fragmaster, but it didn't work correctly at first.
Link - A beautiful and heartwarming voicemail I received from Fragmaster. <3
Link - Collaboration with The Yellow Yell Sussudio
Link - Collaboration with The Yellow Yell Against All Odds
Link - Collaboration with Taco The Wonder Dog (RIP :( ) and The Yellow Yell Maneater

Colorfinger fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperShmoe
Dec 14, 2003
Thanks Colorfinger, this is a real treasure trove :)

CgiBinLaden
Mar 11, 2001

Colorfinger posted:

After Lowtax was told he couldn't have any swearing in his fake commercials, he changed "poo poo" to "hooray" and asked me to re-record everything.

Right there speaks volumes and is applicable on so many levels.

Thank you Colorfinger for all of these things you have made, posting it in this fashion lets us package it up easily to sell on CD-ROMS that will come in TeddyGrahams boxes or Buzzfeed articles.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
drat i remember christmas time in essex hell yeah

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

CgiBinLaden posted:

Right there speaks volumes and is applicable on so many levels.

Thank you Colorfinger for all of these things you have made, posting it in this fashion lets us package it up easily to sell on CD-ROMS that will come in TeddyGrahams boxes or Buzzfeed articles.

all i could hope for is that one day my work will be on a CDR labelled "old poo poo from the internet" in sharpie

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Welcome back Colorfinger! I do hope you stay a while :)

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

also not to unduly poo poo on the recently deceased, but I want to also mention this here to get it off my chest and make it "public" to anybody who might even vaguely care... anyway here's the thing:

despite me doing all the work that I did for free for SA, Lowtax continued to hassle me for additional free work in recent years, including after I unfriended him by going through other people. when I shut him down, he decided to badmouth me publicly and then lie about paying me with a VST (spoiler: he never bought me anything) and claiming that this meant I somehow owed him to work on future projects (???). this one's odd, because a) if he had paid me with a VST, that would've been payment for work already completed, and b) he didn't buy me a VST. I kind of don't want the last public interaction between me and him to make it look like I was trying to screw him over, so here's what really happened:

Asking me to do music for Doom House 3
Me politely declining to write new stuff, and giving other pre-written tracks
Him messaging me through somebody else after I unfriended him
His reaction when I literally just said "No thank you."
His Facebook post accusing me of being terrible because I didn't want to work with him

anyway, here's wonderwall

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Thank you for haunting my dreams once every couple of years with the Song of Meat.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Colorfinger posted:

also not to unduly poo poo on the recently deceased, but I want to also mention this here to get it off my chest and make it "public" to anybody who might even vaguely care... anyway here's the thing:

despite me doing all the work that I did for free for SA, Lowtax continued to hassle me for additional free work in recent years, including after I unfriended him by going through other people. when I shut him down, he decided to badmouth me publicly and then lie about paying me with a VST (spoiler: he never bought me anything) and claiming that this meant I somehow owed him to work on future projects (???). this one's odd, because a) if he had paid me with a VST, that would've been payment for work already completed, and b) he didn't buy me a VST. I kind of don't want the last public interaction between me and him to make it look like I was trying to screw him over, so here's what really happened:

His Facebook post accusing me of being terrible because I didn't want to work with him

:stare:

holy poo poo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hello colorfinger! Thank you for your service.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Woo it's colorfinger! I miss your live music request streams. I also loved all your work with Mega64 :)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Colorfinger posted:

Oh, YOU were the backstabbing prick? I only saw a screenshot of that post, I didn't know the context at all.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hey man love you

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Woo it's colorfinger! I miss your live music request streams. I also loved all your work with Mega64 :)

thanks :) you should maybe check on mega64 in the next month or so if you liked things I did with them in the past...

Sid Vicious posted:

hey man love you

:biglips:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hi Colorfinger! Thanks for coming back to visit

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hi colorfinger do you remember doing a cover of "hot fudge" one time because once in a while that comes unbidden into my brain and i don't know if it's just the advent of senile dementia setting in

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Colorfinger posted:

thanks :) you should maybe check on mega64 in the next month or so if you liked things I did with them in the past...

Awesome! Had no idea if you were still working with them on their latest series. Can't wait! :toot:

CgiBinLaden
Mar 11, 2001

Colorfinger posted:

More information that he was a self-serving prick? Color me fingered.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Colorfinger posted:

After Lowtax was told he couldn't have any swearing in his fake commercials, he changed "poo poo" to "hooray" and asked me to re-record everything.

Hold on, who told Lowtax that and why did he have to listen? Is this a Google Ads thing?

Not that I care because "hooray" is funnier, but still.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Cowcaster posted:

hi colorfinger do you remember doing a cover of "hot fudge" one time because once in a while that comes unbidden into my brain and i don't know if it's just the advent of senile dementia setting in

yes, here you go! I am 100% singing it irl right now along with the recording hahaha

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Hold on, who told Lowtax that and why did he have to listen? Is this a Google Ads thing?

Not that I care because "hooray" is funnier, but still.

if I remember correctly it was originally part of some Rifftrax festival thing, and they mandated no swearing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Colorfinger posted:

yes, here you go! I am 100% singing it irl right now along with the recording hahaha

i feel like roy batty at the end of bladerunner

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
My older brother and I still do cheap impressions of your Peezle Ward characters at each other.

"I cloned meself, then I cloned me clone, so me clone wouldn't be alone" is still so amusing to us.

Thank you for being the only decent person left from the Flash Tub.

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

really loved your music streams!!!

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Sourdough Sam posted:

My older brother and I still do cheap impressions of your Peezle Ward characters at each other.

"I cloned meself, then I cloned me clone, so me clone wouldn't be alone" is still so amusing to us.

Thank you for being the only decent person left from the Flash Tub.

lol that blows my mind. I loved doing Peezle Ward. I wish we had done more, but that's obviously never gonna happen now, I'm just the voice of it, I couldn't write it if I tried. Back when we were doing it, I did try to get Shmorky to pitch it to Adult Swim multiple times when their submissions were open and he (they?) wouldn't go through with it. There was actually a finished full length episode spec script for it, which I recorded audio for and sent, but nothing got animated for it sadly. The episode length script wasn't nearly as punchy as the shorts though.

also thanks :)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh yeah hope it goes without saying that you're great thanks for the cool stuff

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

oh yeah hope it goes without saying that you're great thanks for the cool stuff

:emptyquote:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BALLS DILDO posted:

really loved your music streams!!!

:same:

Tuxide
Mar 7, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Hey Colorfinger, when are you gonna upload your stuff onto Spotify?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Hey Colorfinger I've always loved the Song of Meat but what was the backstory to that? I never knew where it came from because I found it through your old avatar that linked to it.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hey Colorfinger I've always loved the Song of Meat but what was the backstory to that? I never knew where it came from because I found it through your old avatar that linked to it.

around 2004ish i posted a thread in FYAD saying "tell me a song to play and I'll play it for you" and people started making weird surreal requests, which is what i had hoped for. one of the requests was worded something like:

"can you play the song of meat? it's my favorite song about meat"

so I made something called "The Song of Meat". The other ones around it up top are from that same thread

Sourdough Sam posted:

btw, apparently I still had the original script for this in my email lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Colorfinger posted:

Link - One day Lowtax hassled me to make him a "spaghetti western sounding" theme for Reginald P. Linux. I made this for him, and then he demanded I speed it up. I did. He never used it.

This bangs.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I still have SONG OF MEAT on my playlist. It can't be healthy.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Oh drat I used to get drunk and listen to Colorfinger song for the internet a loooong time ago. drat.... haven’t thought about that in a while :allears:

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

This is wonderful. I loved how this cartoon ended too. Yeah I would have watched many more episodes of this stuff.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Colorfinger posted:

since I'm visiting the forums again for the first time in forever, I decided to go through and gather up a small chunk of what I've made for SA over the years and put it into a single thread so that people can download it if they want for nostalgia purposes, since almost none of it is available anywhere else, and it's just sitting on my hard drive anyway.

I'm not sharing anything I was paid to do, since who knows where ownership falls on that - there were no contracts ever. This is almost nothing anyway, just Doom House and Mood House, and both of those were paid way under my actual rate (about 10% or less). Everything else I did for SA, I was paid absolutely nothing for and it's still mine, so I'm sharing it. If you hear music in this stuff, I wrote it. If you hear a voice, that's me (unless it's recognizably Fragmaster, or a woman). If you don't want it, that's also fine, ignore it, I don't care, live your life man. here are the things:

Things I made for the Flash Tub

Link - Music for Chufflebells (the very first Flash Tub)
Link - Chufflebells title card
Link - Dracula is Coming End Narration
Link - My orchestration of Breakfast Duck's Terrible Christmas - A Letter to Santa
Link - The music and narration that I made for Hopkin Green Frog, a Film Noir Detective Story
Link - The same thing, but with the original music I pitched (I think the notes said "it's too fast"? I don't remember. I still like this version better.)
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers main theme sting
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 1, all music
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 2, scene 1 music
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 2, scene 2 music
Link - The Super Kansas City Worldskippers Episode 3, all music
Link - Moof's Cartoon 1, Melodo Perez The Christmas Lobster
Link - Moof's Cartoon 2, Spooky Milo, The Lonely Halloween Spider
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Christmas Time In Essex (lyrics by Shmorky)
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Coal Mining Boy (lyrics by Shmorky)
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Regular Scrooge (lyrics by Shmorky)
Link - Christmas Time In Essex - Who Am I (lyrics by Shmorky)

Things I made specifically for Lowtax's projects
Link - Original version of the Salad song, Part 1
Link - Original version of the Salad song, Part 2
Link - Original version of the Salad song, Part 3
Link - After Lowtax was told he couldn't have any swearing in his fake commercials, he changed "poo poo" to "hooray" and asked me to re-record everything.

Things I made in FYAD for requests

Link - "sing me a song about a girl"
Link - "sing a song about how girls are pretty, here are the lyrics"
Link - "my favorite song is the song of meat, sing that"

Other things

Link - The time I made a Tomtom voice out of Fragmaster, but it didn't work correctly at first.
Link - A beautiful and heartwarming voicemail I received from Fragmaster. <3
Link - Collaboration with The Yellow Yell Sussudio
Link - Collaboration with The Yellow Yell Against All Odds
Link - Collaboration with Taco The Wonder Dog (RIP :( ) and The Yellow Yell Maneater

I think I went to a facebook concert of your a few years ago.
It was pretty good

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
thank you for sharing your work, colorfinger. we hope you stay and post with us again :)

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pragmatica posted:

thank you for sharing your work, colorfinger. we hope you stay and post with us again :)

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Were you connected to whoever it was who made "Flip Top Box" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I own the rights for anything that Something Awful LLC owned the rights for, and I hereby grant you the unlimited right to do whatever the hell you want with anything you created that I happen to own the rights for. Thank you for your service.