Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I own the rights for anything that Something Awful LLC owned the rights for, and I hereby grant you the unlimited right to do whatever the hell you want with anything you created that I happen to own the rights for. Thank you for your service.

Thanks lowtax 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

It's good to see you posting again colorfinger, your talents are missed around here

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Nice brother, gonna go through it.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

I own the rights for anything that Something Awful LLC owned the rights for, and I hereby grant you the unlimited right to do whatever the hell you want with anything you created that I happen to own the rights for. Thank you for your service.

in that case, here's some more...

Link - Doom House: Trailer Music (I think this was unused?)
Link - Doom House: Intro and car scene
Link - Doom House: A short reusable cue
Link - Doom House: Triumphant Victory
Link - Doom House: Weird Figurine Music

... and I threw everything (except the Doom House stuff, because it has some samples that I didn't write in it) up on Spotify and Youtube Music too, so it'll have a more permanent home than my web host:

https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/joshcolorfingerjones/awful-music-original-web-series-soundtrack

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Thank you for this awesome stuff! I feel kind of like at my grandpa’s funeral, sad about the circumstances but glad to see everyone showing up for a reunion

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker
That's really rad of you to stop by and give us the good stuff of our youth.

teardrop posted:

Thank you for this awesome stuff! I feel kind of like at my grandpa’s funeral, sad about the circumstances but glad to see everyone showing up for a reunion

drat this hits different right now.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

FAH Q posted:

That's really rad of you to stop by and give us the good stuff of our youth.

drat this hits different right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMeDihwyrg

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Colorfinger posted:

Link - "my favorite song is the song of meat, sing that"

I just want this song to accompany me as I jovially strut down the street every day.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Colorfinger posted:

around 2004ish i posted a thread in FYAD saying "tell me a song to play and I'll play it for you" and people started making weird surreal requests, which is what i had hoped for. one of the requests was worded something like:

"can you play the song of meat? it's my favorite song about meat"

so I made something called "The Song of Meat". The other ones around it up top are from that same thread

Cool. I've had it in my music library for like fifteen years and never knew anything about it.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I think all this might be a bit before my time on SA, but the song of meat gave me a hearty lol so thanks for all of this.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
thanks colonfinger

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

thanks colonfinger

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Trig Discipline posted:

thanks colonfinger

hello.jpg

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

:hmmyes:

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Colorfinger, do you still have the music you made for FYAD FYAD LOL or have those been lost to time?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ceyton posted:

Colorfinger, do you still have the music you made for FYAD FYAD LOL or have those been lost to time?

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Ceyton posted:

that wasn’t me, it was Toasterhead. I only did voices for FYAD FYAD LOL, not music

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Ah dangit. I was like 95% sure you did the electric piano version of the intro music and the Corsair song, but it's been a few years.

Mista Fly
Jan 3, 2006

too fly:zoid:
"Thank You for the Music"
-ABBA

Hatsune Mike
Oct 9, 2013

Parahexavoctal posted:

Were you connected to whoever it was who made "Flip Top Box" ?

Interested in the answer to this one

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Good poo poo.

And good poo poo OP, thanks for posting and I hope you stick around

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib
Josh do you have your cover of Come Undone handy, I’ve had it in my head for about a decade now thanks

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

Hatsune Mike posted:

Interested in the answer to this one

uhhhh I remember when that one was made, and it came out of a thread that Shmorky posted in FYAD asking a bunch of people to do remixes of the original audio from old cigarette commercials. I did do a remix in that thread, but mine isn’t the one that got used. I can’t remember whose remix got used, sorry. It’s really really good though.

Pungent Mammy posted:

Josh do you have your cover of Come Undone handy, I’ve had it in my head for about a decade now thanks

no, don’t have it handy sorry, but just look up the original by Robbie Williams on Spotify, it’s better anyway

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Josh can you play us freebird, please?

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

You once sang the words to the Bento Box post to the tune of "Holding Out for a Hero" and it's still in the top ten funniest things I've ever heard

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Thanks lowtax 2.0.

seems real rude to slam jeffrey like that

PSUmpm2
Apr 13, 2006

He's just a boy, and i'm just a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious?
This is the type of high quality original internet hooray I was hoping to come back here for after hearing the news. Thanks colorfinger.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Aint seen that name in a long while

Nice t' have ye back

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

teardrop posted:

Thats a very good way to break it down.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I always wondered who did the music for Flash Tub. Man I really enjoyed a lot of your songs during highschool.

Christmas Time in Essex is one of my favorites. Kansas City World Skippers music was really enjoyable too.

You didn't happen to do Gaming Guyz music as well?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

BumbleChump posted:

I always wondered who did the music for Flash Tub. Man I really enjoyed a lot of your songs during highschool.

Christmas Time in Essex is one of my favorites. Kansas City World Skippers music was really enjoyable too.

You didn't happen to do Gaming Guyz music as well?

If you never went to a live colorfinger sings for the internet show you missed out.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Which flashtub was it that used Can't Breathe? Because that song still comes to mind years later

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Did you do A Lost Dog Finds His Way Home? Cant seem to find it online.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Chrpno posted:

Did you do A Lost Dog Finds His Way Home? Cant seem to find it online.
That was "Fuzzy Clouds" by TylerK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ZvOR67Uhs

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

I used to watch your streams! They were fun!

Thanks for making some good stuff over the years.

Colorfinger
Feb 5, 2001

World Famous W posted:

Which flashtub was it that used Can't Breathe? Because that song still comes to mind years later

I don't know, but I already put that one up on Spotify a little while ago:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4kVMI1dIBYRac0CuWt7y4Q?si=z-YY740XSACVKYSzkXbJ0Q&utm_source=copy-link

pixaal posted:

If you never went to a live colorfinger sings for the internet show you missed out.

thanks :) "missed out" is probably right. I don't think I'll be doing that ever again.

Colorfinger fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 13, 2021

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have always enjoyed the "Against All Odds" you did with The Yellow Yell. I even have the "remix" done by another goon from that same thread. Not sure how to upload it to the Interwebs, things get so technical these days

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Life begins anew each and every morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMuTthF3Gw

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

kathmandu posted:

You once sang the words to the Bento Box post to the tune of "Holding Out for a Hero" and it's still in the top ten funniest things I've ever heard

I want to hear this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ha, I actually followed you on there a minute ago. Found it by that song in fact, forgot its origin till I saw this thread and the name clicked

Edit: just a curiosity, since you're the first person I've talked to that has music up on it,do you get a list of those who followed or just some sort of monthly tally?

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Nov 13, 2021