Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

AJ_Impy posted:

Infest Mystic Translation, an Emet-ic, if you will.
poo poo, this is real good.

However:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJ2jMZ-gaI&t=135s

but tasteful, of course

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

These golems were no threat to you, but they were sort of cramping your style. Your thaumographic assays kept being thrown off by some clayman trying to punch you in the back of the head - and weak or not, a solid blow would kill a normal man. You were pretty solidly the opposite of that, but you didn’t like being hit any more than anyone else did. And so, you tensed yourself for the next attack and-

Their inner command phrases were simple enough, generic invocations to DEFEND, EXPAND, RUIN… with a few tweaks here and there you could make better use of them. For instance, now this one would DEFEND you, EXPAND your influence onto the other golems… RUIN the Maw’s Core’s plans, that sort of stuff. It barely mattered - as long as they were letting you work freely.

Ah, much better… and yet still sort of embarrassing. You remembered back in the good days of the Demon God’s War, fighting titanic World Eaters, golems grown powerful and wild from years of devouring entire armies and whales and dragons and stuff. Ah, those were the days. The lightning splitting the sky, the slicing rays of planar energy and manastorms…

And now there was… this.

Welp, maybe things would be a little trickier inside. So far, so good.

You jumped down the hole, falling a good four seconds past walls lined with torches, flames burning ‘up’ in a variety of strange orientations, before eventually landing on what was apparently a wall and sliding to the floor. See? Spatial jiggery-pokery. You considered what you could see. The room was roughly hexagonal, with torches set into each wall - four of which were unlit. You were alone, the golems left far above - they must be coming from elsewhere. On one wall, an iron door, the unlit torch jutting from it like a handle. On the floor below you, an iron hatch sealed to the floor with a crackling dweomer. In the air around you, flitting manaflies.

Ah, it was good to be in a Maw again.

Time to get to work!

MAGYCKEAL SPELLERY posted:

1. Blasphemous Heart Shark
2. Unacceptable Spear
3. Happy Birthday, Flame
4. Blood-Sucking Mind
5. Bile Geyser of Divinity
6. Cromulent Elf

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Obviously we should summon our Cromulent Elf at the dungeon's entrance. Never know what stuff they might have for sale.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Time to light all the sconce-candles. Happy Birthday, Flame!

:krad:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Happy birthday, flame it's time to light the candles :craboot:

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"
Cast Bile Geyser of Divinity on floor. We need to consult a higher power.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Bile Geyser of Divinity on the door. Divine spell casting seems just like the trick to bust into a malignant place like this.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Happy Birthday, Flame! Can you light all the candles!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Nothing like bringing some holiday cheer to a dour dungeon. Happy Birthday, Flame on torches.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Happy Birthday, Flame on torches.

:retrogames:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Summon a Cromulent Elf.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Just so you know I write the update before selecting the spells so should we get something that seems particularly fitting to the situation that's just amusing coincidence

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Cromulent Elf, because I've always wanted to see what one looks like.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Summon a Blasphemous Heart Shark to make a path and lead the way.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Attempt to cast Blasphemous Heart Shark, only to realize that's not a spell, that's a dark memory of Sage Wylde's younger days when he was in a band.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Summon a Blasphemous Heart Shark. I'm sure the lack of ocean water won't be a problem, fueled as it is by it's blasphemy.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
THIS IS THE UNACCEPTABLE SPEAR THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!

edit: In a very sub-optimal way!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gravedust posted:

THIS IS THE UNACCEPTABLE SPEAR THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!!

edit: In a very sub-optimal way!

I desire the knowledge of why it is so unacceptable. Thus I must vote for it

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Happy birthday, flame

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Bile Geyser of Divinity

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Happy Birthday, Flame is an easy fit.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Router issues.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 17, 2021

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Lux Animus posted:

Obviously we should summon our Cromulent Elf at the dungeon's entrance. Never know what stuff they might have for sale.

+1

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Ho, hum. Maws had puzzles like this to entice people in, to slow their progression and gradually sap the life from them. If you’d come in a month or so, doubtless this place would be littered with skeletal adventurers who’d come to either slay its core or to steal its treasures. You could feel it pulling at you, like a cold wind drawing heat from your body. Rude. Well, puzzle time. If you could call this a puzzle.

Flames danced on your fingertips, singing a jaunty tune, then flitted out towards the sconces. As you expected, the other flames were already beginning to die down… but you’d lit them all at once, so the ‘puzzle’ aspect had been moot. You sighed imagining hapless warriors struggling to run to and fro lighting the torches before the others went out, before their vital essences were siphoned away. At any rate, the door to your west snicked open, sliding up towards the ceiling and revealed a pulsating crystalline tunnel beyond. The panel below you, however, remained as ensorcelled as ever.

You passed through the tunnel unmolested, though you were briefly interested to watch the veins of this place reshape and solidify before your eyes, and entered the next room. A great fountain covered one wall, two cupped bronze hands overflowing with a strangely viscous liquid and filling a basin below. The floor was checker-patterned, some tiles appearing strangely off. Beyond the fountain, or maybe from the liquid itself, you could hear a soft muttering that didn’t quite resolve into words.

Lllots going on here.

MAGYCKEAL SPELLERY posted:

1. Deck of Timeline Merge
2. Green Thumb War
3. Underwhelming Boulder
4. Cambrian Nap
5. Let Them Eat Corruption
6. Crush with Domination

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Challenge this big stupid pair of hands to a Green Thumb War.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Let them eat corruption on self to consume the fountain and its contents.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

There’s a few things here, yes! Let’s let them run their course with Underwhelming Boulder.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

paper bag with a face posted:

Challenge this big stupid pair of hands to a Green Thumb War.

This sorcerer has the right of it! +1 Green Thumb War on the Bronze Hands!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Cast Green Thumb War: one thumb to prize up the weird tile, one thumb to plug up the fountain.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Deck of Timeline Merge. Split into four or so, touch all the things, see what survives.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

AJ_Impy posted:

This.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

AJ_Impy posted:

+1

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Cast Deck of Timeline Merge on the Situation

Lets find a timeline where its all sorted out.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Jvie posted:

:hai: the thinking man's chaos spell

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Jvie posted:

this

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Deck of Timeline Merge on self and brute force the tile puzzle. Also drink the mystery fluid in one timeline so we know what that does.

With Memetic Meteor, Pettifer has already proven indifferent to twinning and erasing the duplicates from reality, so more of that is... In the cards.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Deck of Timeline Merge!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Deck of Timeline Merge on yourself.
You already know what to do here, or at least another you knows.
Just have to draw one of the ones that does...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Even better, maybe we'll Deck of Timeline Merge the maw into being a parallel sage's problem.