Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Autopsy Report
Cadaver appears to show evidence of systemic colonisation of several bacterial strains. Several tumours also present, possibly virally induced. Cadaver is assessed to be highly infectious. Our recommendation is that public health measures be taken immediately to limit infection risk in immediate area of cadaver recovery.

Welcome to Pathogen 2: Bacterial Boogaloo!

Info
This is a game of mafia for 13 players. I’ve gone back to basics for this one, power roles will be fairly limited. Do not join if you don’t want to play vanilla town!

This game does not involve alignment changes.

Game days will be 48 hours, 72 if over the weekend, nights will be up to 24 hours but will end early if I receive all your night actions promptly, with any extra time added to the next day. Deadlines after Day 1 will be set based on the previous hammer, early hammers are encouraged!

A discord server is setup to manage all the behind the scenes bits and pieces/OTT activity: https://discord.gg/HvYmyrKEn9

Rules
Standard mafia rules apply:

- Please try to be civil with each other (as much as possible), this doesn’t mean you have to act all buddy buddy with the poster you are accusing of being lying scum but let’s try to avoid personal insults etc.
- Do not edit your posts.
- Do not post about game business after the hammer, if it looks like I’m not going to be around when it drops feel free to remind other posters! This includes if auto-hammer does not fire for whatever reason!
- Lurker rules will be as follows; you will receive one warning if you have less than 10 posts at end of day. You will then be modkilled if you fall below this a second time. This limit will be lowered to 5 posts if the day ends 12-24 hours before deadline and removed if it ends >24 hours before deadline.
- Do not directly quote role pm’s or other mod correspondence in thread or in any OOT channels unless given specific permission from a mod.
- Please do not post if you are dead.
- Please do not post if you have been targeted by any day actions until they have been resolved.
- Do not fake day actions.
- No replacements after D2.
- Flavour may or may not mean anything, alignments have been assigned randomly and/or anti-town players have been provided with fakeclaims.

Eliminations
Eliminations will be by majority vote, to vote for a player please use the format ##vote playername and ##unvote to unvote.
All commands must be placed within bold format brackets to be picked up by votefinder (e.g [ b ] ##vote ObamaAkbar. [ /b ], without the spaces).

Night Actions
All night actions will receive one of the following results regardless of their effect:

Your action was successful = Your action has successfully resolved.

Your action failed = Your action was blocked in some way and has not resolved.

Your action was partially successful = For actions with multiple effects. Some of the effects of you action successfully resolved, others were blocked in some way.

If an action is single use then it will only be depleted when that action successfully resolves. Killing actions that hit a protected player for example count as resolved actions and will be expended.

Actions that give you information will return results in the following rough format:

Your target visited PLAYERNAME.

:siren:You will not be informed if your action was redirected or interfered with in some other way. Rely solely on night action results at your own peril!:siren:

Players:
  1. b-minus1
  2. Bifauxnen (surprise me)
  3. Idle Amalgam
  4. Maerlyn (she/her)
  5. merk (he/him)
  6. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  7. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  8. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  9. SolusLunes
  10. Somberbrero (He/him)
  11. Squiggly
  12. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  13. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

ObamaAkbar. fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Oh boy, pick me! pick me!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Edit: double post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No doubt no doubt

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Voodoofly posted:

lmao

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I'm just going to say, I know I would vote one of us day 1 just to make the game less confusing.

Therefore anyone who votes us is probably scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's easy to tell you apart. One of your avatars has left aligned text while the other has center aligned text.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hmmm I’ll see if I can get someone to fix that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

It's easy to tell you apart. One of your avatars has left aligned text while the other has center aligned text.

Now try from mobile..

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

This made my day, thanks buddy

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Do not join if you don’t want to play vanilla town!

OA your game looks cool and fun and I would love to rot people's brains again, but I gotta just observe this time cause I have been in multiple games nonstop it's just getting ridiculous

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Hal Insandenza posted:

This made my day, thanks buddy

This a signup post?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ObamaAkbar. posted:

This a signup post?

Not yet

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

OA your game looks cool and fun and I would love to rot people's brains again, but I gotta just observe this time cause I have been in multiple games nonstop it's just getting ridiculous

Come in as a replacement so when a wily veteran who thinks they want to play mafia lurks into the distance you can ride their horse back into town as a hero.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll play if you'll play

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SolusLunes posted:

I'll play if you'll play

Goddamn you Soluuuuuuuuus

(yes this is a sign up)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

:toot:

yeah so I'm signed up too

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm pretty sure I got beat badly in the first one of these so I'm here to redeem myself.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Edit: I'm in!

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 19, 2021

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

put me down as observer for now

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I'll volunteer as a replacement. Have tried two games before and really don't feel like repeating the experience. If I die in the one I am in before signups fill in, I'll join.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ok

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm trying not to play two games at once but I really want to open my game so I will join in solidarity.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

edit: poo poo never mind I can't play I have family in town all next week

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

dy. posted:

I will play except this time I'm going to have more fun and avoid arguing with everyone who is suspicious of me.

Have more fun and STILL argue with everyone who is suspicious of you.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
It seems my services of replacing in and flailing were not needed so I'm here to start from the beginning and flail

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Just a reminder that everyone needs to join the discord to play.

Link: https://discord.gg/HvYmyrKEn9

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
i'll play

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s numberwang!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

PMs are now out, game will begin shortly

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Patient Notes
Patient appears to be immunocompromised. Cause currently unknown, although infective agent suspected. Blood work taken and patient placed under observation while awaiting lab results.

ObamaAkbar., Natural Killer Cells (Body-aligned Cop) has been lysed Night 0.

quote:

Natural Killer Cells (Body-aligned Cop).

You are a collection of lymphocytes that are responsible for the identification and destruction of pathogen infected cells. Once per night you may target one player to investigate, informing you of their alignment.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

It is now Day 1

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, merk, PlasticAutomaton, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, SolusLunes, Somberbrero, Squiggly, Toalpaz, Voodoofly

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 23rd, 2021 at 10 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
who's a fiwfy wittle viwus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hello how are you

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah-choo

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

hello my fellow cells how are you

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Goddamn you Soluuuuuuuuus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Good afternoon friends, how is every body?