Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The IA flip hugely informs my opinion of Toal's alignment so I don't understand why we would waste energy debating this today Maerlyn. That's part of why I would rather flip IA than Sandwolf. That said, Sand is also a good option for today. I think the 'bad town' thing is just an act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
IA come to thread and pick a few scums huh?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Toalpaz posted:

IA come to thread and pick a few scums huh?

Putting up xmas decorations with kiddos and polishing up a TD entry, but speak of a devil and he'll appear... eventually, maybe... lol

I, uh, put a case together on RF.

Way I see it, two scum remaining.

RF pings me, plastic pings me. I think those two are specifically opposed, but could be a show in thread.

Mae's confusion around what toal is saying about me is actually a scratch in the town column for her lol... Mae was pinging me earlier game days, but some of the takes from toals case are just not misinterpretations scum would make I think.

I do think the is IA scum or not scum is a great distraction for the game day given that I'm not scum, but I don't think the major proponents of the case are scum.

That leaves lurkers and tag a long votes imo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

What is the name of your role?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

merk posted:

What is the name of your role?

Voyeur, I've stated this a few times now as well.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Idle Amalgam posted:

Voyeur, I've stated this a few times now as well.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Voyeur

The Voyeur wiki entry specifically mentions a Ninja: "A Voyeur would not see a Ninja committing a kill, however, and would receive a "did not see anything" pm in that case."

In scum's hands, it's basically an anonymous role cop-like. In town's hands, it can be used to confirm players similar to the Cop that we already had flip but in a weaker sense.

From a balancing perspective, I don't really understand why it would exist in this game for town. It has the capacity to have confirmed the Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, and Empowerer with the potential downside that it wouldn't have seen the Ninja perform a kill? Who cares if it can't see a Ninja?

However, why would it exist on scum unless the Ninja is truly a red setup herring?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

merk posted:

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Voyeur

The Voyeur wiki entry specifically mentions a Ninja: "A Voyeur would not see a Ninja committing a kill, however, and would receive a "did not see anything" pm in that case."

In scum's hands, it's basically an anonymous role cop-like. In town's hands, it can be used to confirm players similar to the Cop that we already had flip but in a weaker sense.

From a balancing perspective, I don't really understand why it would exist in this game for town. It has the capacity to have confirmed the Cop, Doctor, Vigilante, and Empowerer with the potential downside that it wouldn't have seen the Ninja perform a kill? Who cares if it can't see a Ninja?

However, why would it exist on scum unless the Ninja is truly a red setup herring?

We never had a cop.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, it would make sense in this setup as Town if there is a Scum Busdriver actually. That also would explain the existence of Vigilante, Empowerer, Cop, and Doctor all hanging around, no?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Patient Notes
Patient appears to be immunocompromised. Cause currently unknown, although infective agent suspected. Blood work taken and patient placed under observation while awaiting lab results.

ObamaAkbar., Natural Killer Cells (Body-aligned Cop) has been lysed Night 0.

It is now Day 1

oh lol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I've convinced myself not to vote IA here.

I am having difficulty figuring out why Voodoo self voted. Voodoo could have claimed something. Scum could have easily dropped votes late to make some late-day push on literally anyone else. There was time I think.

It could have been a ploy to get someone unvote based on a self sacrifice town move?
He could have been setting up Toal to hammer and gain town cred? Doesn't seem that strong.
Scum could have already bussed? Plastic or Maerlyn?
RF could be scum, and he thought voting RF while going down would help RF the next day?

I just don't understand the self vote. He sacrificed himself for... what?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am leaning to Voodoo self voting because it was either him or RF at that point. I haven't read RF deep yet though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote RF as a placeholder.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Imo he was setting up for a scum bud to pity unvote him and for himself to quickly unvote

Was a few hours to deadline iirc

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Well, 1 hour :/ I dunno

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t get any scum vibes from Toal and I’d like to think I have a pretty good sense of them.

RF and Plastic feel like they’re hanging out in the periphery. RF I thought would start posting more but they seem like they’ve dropped off more.

I have some suspicions of Somber.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t get any scum vibes from Toal and I’d like to think I have a pretty good sense of them.

RF and Plastic feel like they’re hanging out in the periphery. RF I thought would start posting more but they seem like they’ve dropped off more.

It is sunday

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toalpaz posted:

Imo he was setting up for a scum bud to pity unvote him and for himself to quickly unvote

Was a few hours to deadline iirc

...So is his scumbud there me or Maerlyn because it sure as hell isn't Merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I don't know, isn't voodoo pointing out that Mae's faking reads?

Mae: vote gave me whiplash

Also Mae: broke the tie onto town

Seems pretty persuasive to me. I'm getting a totally different feel than the disconnected lurky scum voodoo.

Toalpaz posted:

##vote rf

i re read sand wolf which prompted me to re read rf. I don't know, i'm fine voting rf for now I guess?

yeah i agree with ia, he kinda has to engage with me if i'm calling him scummy. I don't think ia was casing me.

How does this line of thinking get you to an unpersuasive RF vote?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote RF because:
  • Performed no scum hunting on day 1 but helped eliminate town1;
  • Gladly dives into setup speculation that sets himself up for a RB claim but does not scum hunt2
  • Talks negatively about the Voodoo case without explaining why the Vooodoo case is bad early on3
  • Promises to scum hunt but does not do so beyond a throwaway plastic vote3
  • Scum got something out of Voodoo's self vote. Was it to save RF?

Retro Futurist posted:

Sorry I have not been following along very well and have no thoughts at all in my big ol head. I'll vote whoever the vote leader is closer to deadline I guess

Retro Futurist posted:

Sure ##vote solus

--

Retro Futurist posted:

I've seen a lot of town RBs lately, I'm not sure I'd buy that so readily

Retro Futurist posted:

I’d say it proves toal isn’t an SK but that’s about it

Retro Futurist posted:

I'll hopefully finally have some free time this weekend and then I can solve this game for everyone. For today I will try my best

Retro Futurist posted:

Looking at the votes on Voodoo and merk's case is bad, but not necessarily scum bad. Plastic's vote, otoh, looks scum bad ##vote plastic
Maer I could go either way on, don't love her points either but at least she's coming up with independent reasons and not just nodding along with merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There's a case to be made on plastic as well.

On a reread, there might even be a case on Maerlyn. Voodoo says she's town way too hard shortly after she votes her, but that might be me overreacting to now reading it 6-7 times.

My read at the moment on the scum strategy day 2 was to talk negatively about my case from Voodoo and have scum prop up an alternate candidate. Then, scum gave up once the push elsewhere did not work and others started voting RF. That's a long-winded, convoluted explanation for what happened day 2, but it feels correct.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Please make a case on someone.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Oh yeah, excuse me for voting RF the bad way, should of voted RF the good way, like you did.

##vote RF

Well done Merk!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't think RF is the worst vote and I'm happy enough to just follow merk and Toal as strong town and town reading players respectively, but honestly RF is a distant third in terms of preference today. It just feels pretty normal that RF hasn't done much scum hunting today. Obviously merk knows voodoo better than I do, but that self vote could have just been throwing in the towel or a failed pity gambit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I hope people will post :B

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm vanilla town, whatever voodoo got from a self vote it wasn't me

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh, I think RF's more bad town than flat out scum, but I'll vote him if we need me to actually get a lunch today. I'd still rather vote IA with how badly he's been pinging me though. His claimed role is almost completely useless, and if he DOES flip town (I severely doubt it), it at least clears Toalpaz.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Eh, I think RF's more bad town than flat out scum, but I'll vote him if we need me to actually get a lunch today. I'd still rather vote IA with how badly he's been pinging me though. His claimed role is almost completely useless, and if he DOES flip town (I severely doubt it), it at least clears Toalpaz.

what about his posts have been pinging you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I would consider voting elsewhere.

The only explanation I can think of for a Bif kill is to help Sandwolf. I would vote Sandwolf. Someone saying his 'lazy town' is within his meta is completely wrong. He is lazy scum.

Maerlyn could be a decent vote. Why kill Bif with a kind of bussy looking vote instead of Maerlyn who actually analyzed the Voodoo case and Voodoo called town?

Voting plastic seems fine but doesn't feel right.

I think voting IA is wrong here without a Tracker/Watcher claim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just don't think it's somb. I might die on that hill.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

The only explanation I can think of for a Bif kill is to help Sandwolf. I would vote Sandwolf. Someone saying his 'lazy town' is within his meta is completely wrong. He is lazy scum.

Maerlyn could be a decent vote. Why kill Bif with a kind of bussy looking vote instead of Maerlyn who actually analyzed the Voodoo case and Voodoo called town?

Bif was ultra hard on IA too,

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

merk posted:

I’d vote Sandwolf. He was super aggressive on me for a day and then just dropped it, feels a bit forced.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Somberbrero posted:

The IA flip hugely informs my opinion of Toal's alignment so I don't understand why we would waste energy debating this today Maerlyn. That's part of why I would rather flip IA than Sandwolf. That said, Sand is also a good option for today. I think the 'bad town' thing is just an act.

I'm sorry I didn't know sharing opinions was a waste of energy. I'm not even pushing that hard for Toal yet, time will tell.

I feel less comfortable with an IA vote right now so ##unvote. I want to look at Sand again. RF I don't feel as strongly about and Somber pinging me a little bit too.

What is the significance of a watcher claim if IA is a voyeur as he claims? Is both existing farfetched?

No one has seemed to indicate they were RBed N2 either so I'm curious about that.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So it's not quite as bad as I thought, as IA doesn't change his mind on Toalpaz until day 2 after his supposed result. But there are a couple of posts that really bother me.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like a lot of people are just phoning in votes here, but I also feel like there isn't much I could reasonably do here to prove innocence. I don't even have any good reads of anyone.

I suppose this strikes me as odd:

I don't see why having nothing but town reads in a fairly quiet day 1 is out of the ordinary. This indicates that you yourself had a strong read of someone prior to voting toal, and I don't think there's much in your post history to actually support that position.

Toal's survival vote also looks bad imo since they weren't ever really in danger?:

So now I feel like I'm being set up, and scum has to be on my vote.

Where IA has a halfhearted defense of Toal in the same post where he's saying they're scum.

and then there's his last post at the end of the day

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

Which feels like a bunch of hemming and hawing in an attempt to set up "well oops, one of them wasn't scum, let's get the other one~" down the line. And most importantly there's something very important missing here. At the time, IA is at -2. Toalpaz is at -5. IA has spent a bunch of time, including this last post saying Toal is scum, and he's on the chopping block now with Toalpaz being the next vote leader. IA DOES NOT VOTE. Hell he hasn't voted anyone since his pity self-vote earlier in the day. And this somehow immediately convinces Toalpaz to change their vote to Solus, and we all know what happened next.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mafia edit: He didn't vote anyone for the rest of day 1.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

I'm sorry I didn't know sharing opinions was a waste of energy. I'm not even pushing that hard for Toal yet, time will tell.

I feel less comfortable with an IA vote right now so ##unvote. I want to look at Sand again. RF I don't feel as strongly about and Somber pinging me a little bit too.

What is the significance of a watcher claim if IA is a voyeur as he claims? Is both existing farfetched?

No one has seemed to indicate they were RBed N2 either so I'm curious about that.

earlier you were asking why no one would consider toal. I told you why I won't consider toal today. I'm perceiving hostility in this exchange and I'm not entirely sure why? Let me know if I'm missing something.

I also don't really understand why it's impossible for watcher and voyeur to exist simultaneously, but regardless we don't have a Watcher claim and so have to play assuming that we don't have one and the scum ninja was a red herring. So far that's our only claimed investigative role and so I see the argument for not voting IA even if I don't really agree with it. Did that make any sense? I feel like I confused myself in explaining it.

I sure seem to be pinging people a lot for no one to have made a case.

I'll follow Merk's lead on IA, but I want it stated that his content is bad too. ##vote sand

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I really didn't want to out myself early after knee jerk claiming in monster mash and with a dead doc but I am a watcher.

N1 I watched IA, no visitors except myself (I think at the time I expected him to be NKed due to his claim if he wasn't scum).

N2 I watched Plastic, same result. I actually debated between Bif and merk but thought scum would avoid merk and pick a less likely target so I sort of understood Plastic's "why didn't anyone target merk" post. I thought Bif was phoning it in enough that she'd be safe another day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cool ##vote ia

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yeah, so scum role cop, makes sense with all the rp flippings yeah?

##vote ia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think RF is the worst vote and I'm happy enough to just follow merk and Toal as strong town and town reading players respectively, but honestly RF is a distant third in terms of preference today. It just feels pretty normal that RF hasn't done much scum hunting today. Obviously merk knows voodoo better than I do, but that self vote could have just been throwing in the towel or a failed pity gambit.

Somberbrero posted:

earlier you were asking why no one would consider toal. I told you why I won't consider toal today. I'm perceiving hostility in this exchange and I'm not entirely sure why? Let me know if I'm missing something.

I also don't really understand why it's impossible for watcher and voyeur to exist simultaneously, but regardless we don't have a Watcher claim and so have to play assuming that we don't have one and the scum ninja was a red herring. So far that's our only claimed investigative role and so I see the argument for not voting IA even if I don't really agree with it. Did that make any sense? I feel like I confused myself in explaining it.

I sure seem to be pinging people a lot for no one to have made a case.

I'll follow Merk's lead on IA, but I want it stated that his content is bad too. ##vote sand

Somberbrero posted:

Cool ##vote ia

Somber is just following what the winds of the moment are saying, they don't believe any of this crap, they even shirk the responsibility of a vote on my by saying they'll follow merk and Toal. Not a single real opinion in here except for the setup spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

yeah, so scum role cop, makes sense with all the rp flippings yeah?

##vote ia

*pr's

Role block thing is a huge gambit if IA is scum tho

##unvote