Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

:psyduck:

Sandwolf, IA has a role claim with zero utility, and after three days of this game all we have from him is "...Uh Toal is town, but I only really believe it because he's following my lead, and I dunno, my counter claimer is scum?". He's consistently refused to actually vote his scum reads and is constantly just going "oh woe is me" rather than actually making cases. His flip tells us way more than anyone else, IMO. It'll tell us a lot about Toal, RF, and Maerlyn if he flips. Plus, if he does flip town (he won't), we lose basically nothing of value and still get a hard clear on Toalpaz.

can you point me to an instance of IA not voting his scum picks? the most compelling point here is that IA's flip gives information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also if we somehow can't agree on an IA lunch I'm down to just slam Toalpaz out of the game at this point because they are not even pretending like they have an interest in scum hunting.

Can't say I agree with your assessment. Toal is demonstrably town to me. Frustrating of course, but that's part of why I think they're town. They demonstrate a genuine concern for today's outcome in fretting over edge cases instead of sticking with a consistent platform. Maybe I'm dense but it just reads so real to me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ill vote ia if I have to but we have almost a full day left

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

yeah the only scummy thing Toal has done is vote no-elim and that's probably very temporary

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Ill vote ia if I have to but we have almost a full day left

lmfao deadline is at noon tomorrow, which means at some point tonight the thread will die until everyone reconvenes at 9-10 and then chaos reigns trying to secure any elim at all

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

if we dont execute IA i don't see it being anyone other than mae, if you dont like that then I guess we have to no execute

What is wrong with merk's case on RF?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

lmfao deadline is at noon tomorrow, which means at some point tonight the thread will die until everyone reconvenes at 9-10 and then chaos reigns trying to secure any elim at all

noon EST

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm watching dune tonight, and sleeping in until noon tomorrow. Might as well vote no-execution! tonight, do not want to see IA scum rushed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

Then I'll check the thread in the morning?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Then I'll check the thread in the morning?

dude, come on

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

whatever RF is probably just tryna save his bacon, any minute now the surreptitious vote on IA will come

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

can you point me to an instance of IA not voting his scum picks? the most compelling point here is that IA's flip gives information

Sandy can you try actually reading people's posts I literally went through this last page but sure let's do it again.

So for context, these are IA's last two posts of day 1. He is at -2 at this point and is currently set at voting no one. Toal is the next highest vote count at -5, and has pretty consistently been saying Toal is scum. (Solus is at -6 at this point with Voodoo stepping in.)

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like a lot of people are just phoning in votes here, but I also feel like there isn't much I could reasonably do here to prove innocence. I don't even have any good reads of anyone.

I suppose this strikes me as odd:

I don't see why having nothing but town reads in a fairly quiet day 1 is out of the ordinary. This indicates that you yourself had a strong read of someone prior to voting toal, and I don't think there's much in your post history to actually support that position.

Toal's survival vote also looks bad imo since they weren't ever really in danger?:

So now I feel like I'm being set up, and scum has to be on my vote.

This post is somehow enough for Toal to change votes to Solus. IA then makes his last post (within a minute of Toal's post so probably made at the same time?) where he continues to insist that Toal is scum. Maybe with me, maybe not.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

...And still refuses to vote their top scum read while they are inches away from death. It's pretty clear that he doesn't actually want a Toal flip at this point despite Toal being his only solid scum read at this point. I can give more examples from day 2 and day 3 if you want.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hmm, could I get one from D2?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toalpaz posted:

if we dont execute IA i don't see it being anyone other than mae, if you dont like that then I guess we have to no execute

Also can we come back to this shitpost because how on earth does Toal get Maerlyn being the clear IA alternative what the gently caress.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also can we come back to this shitpost because how on earth does Toal get Maerlyn being the clear IA alternative what the gently caress.

I think that's just because Toal perceives some kind of overlap between their two roles (watcher/rolecoppy watcher?)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Maerlyn posted:

What is wrong with merk's case on RF?

I do want Toal to answer this since they said they would follow Merk's lead.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

hmm, could I get one from D2?

It's not much because IA is mostly absent day 2. But the vote comes in for Maerlyn right off the bat which is odd because IA was saying Maerlyn seemed town day 1. There's zero justification for it afterwards just "yeah Maer's a good vote." And once again IA shows up at the end of the day.

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol finally the truth comes out, I'm just not trusted around these parts!

Regarded like a wild dog, shambling out from the alley with a crazy look in its eye.

About to begin my colonizer's day dinner. Still think Mae could be scum, but not liking the recent spate of voodoo posts.

More woe is me posting, but there it is. "Don't like voodoo's posts ,but refuse to vote him." Once again that's the actual last thing IA says while not voting for his one scum read that is an actual viable lunch at that point.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Which is extra funny because there's confirmed scum that IA was hemming and hawing about at the last minute but refused to help push out the door.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Um, is merk voting rf rn mae?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

Um, is merk voting rf rn mae?

Oh he switched again at some point (or votefinder wasn't updated) but I'm actually asking you your opinion of RF. You think me or IA are the only two people that could possibly be scum?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

whatever RF is probably just tryna save his bacon, any minute now the surreptitious vote on IA will come

I just don't really think IA is scum and I'd rather wait and see if people move to plastic

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

I’d vote Sandwolf. He was super aggressive on me for a day and then just dropped it, feels a bit forced.

I do find it interesting that Sandwolf started in on me shortly after I brought this up, as though he was reminded

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

I just don't really think IA is scum and I'd rather wait and see if people move to plastic

Why do you think IA is town?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Why do you think IA is town?

I didn't say that, I just don't really think he's scum. None of the cases on him have seemed very good

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

I didn't say that, I just don't really think he's scum.

Alright, well, there are two probable alignments here. Pick one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't buy that a ~voyeur~ in this situation reflexively votes the watcher.

If I were a town voyeur in this situation, I would have to assume the watcher is town. There's a flipped ninja for Christ's sake.

The reason for Maerlyn not ~counter-claiming~ should be immediately apparent and her thought process on the subject is clearly laid out in the thread. There is obvious utility in Maerlyn not claiming, I probably wouldn't have either. Scum have no defense against being caught out by a watcher.

It's also barely a counter claim and I would have been willing to more seriously consider their coexistence despite the marginal value of a voyeur if not for IA's blatant desire to be rid of a threat to the scum team.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Maerlyn is the only claimed role that can catch scum remaining. We do not have a Doctor. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* She isn't the vote today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote ia

I had a really 'fun' post hammering ia and tried goading mae or rf into voting him but it wasn't meant to be.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##vote IA

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Idle Amalgam, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 3

Idle Amalgam (5): Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Maerlyn
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam
PlasticAutomaton (1): Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Retro Futurist (1): Idle Amalgam, merk, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Maerlyn
Sandwolf (0): merk, merk, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Toalpaz (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 30th, 2021 at 5 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 15 hours, 8 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Patient Notes
New round of broad spectrum antibiotics appears to have reduced several severe symptoms including diarrhoea and fever. Patient still not in condition to leave ICU however and will need further observation.

Idle Amalgam, Salmonella (Bacteria-aligned Roleblocker) has been lysed Day 3.

quote:

Salmonella (Bacteria-aligned Roleblocker).

You are a genus of gram-negative bacteria responsible for a large number of gastrointestinal diseases including deadly typhoid fever. Damaging bacterial toxins are responsible for the majority of disease symptoms. Once per night you may choose a player to roleblock, preventing them from performing any night actions. Your preferred target cells are Gut Epithelial Cells and as such personally night killing the player with this flavour will grant you a boon.

You win when Bacteria control the vote..

It is now Night 3.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Idle Amalgam (5): Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Maerlyn
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam
PlasticAutomaton (1): Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Retro Futurist (1): Idle Amalgam, merk, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Sandwolf, Maerlyn
Sandwolf (0): merk, merk, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Toalpaz (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn

Not Voting (0):

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 30th, 2021 at 5 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 10 hours, 50 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Patient Notes
Patient now on ventilator after sudden drop in blood oxygen over night. Patient diagnosed with persistent lung infection. Regime of more powerful targeted antibiotics recommended.

PlasticAutomaton, Alveoli Epithelial Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla) has been lysed Night 3.

quote:

Alveoli Epithelial Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla).

You are the epithelial cells which line the alveoli and are responsible for the diffusion of gases into and out of the blood. Apart from the ability to discuss and vote in thread you have no other powers.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

It is now Day 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (6): Maerlyn, merk, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Toalpaz

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2021 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

oh my god!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cool ##vote rf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh for christ's sakes. I swear to god I'm town but go ahead and get me outta here.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Just vote Toal you dingbats ##vote Toal

Idle Amalgam posted:

I think town has the numbers advantage even with my misslunch so it's whatever.

N1 I visited toal and saw that they were blocked and that I visited
N2 I visited merk and saw nothing other than my visit

Not much use other than it confirms that there's a roleblocker in the game. At this point, if it was a town roleblocker it would be more advantageous for all of us if they just claimed, but given that it hasn't happened yet, or if this didn't spur them to claim, scum have a roleblocker and that mean's toal is town.

Also, given that there weren't 2 kills on N2, I bet the 3P was roleblocked by scum OR town vig popped off N1, and there is no 3P.

In any case, that's the extent of my evidence and theorycrafting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maerlyn, I'm having a hard time seeing the case on toal. I don't say that to be dismissive, I'm letting you know I don't understand the argument. I don't see the IA interactions with Toal as open scrum collusion if that's the case? I think IA would rather barter for Town credit be engaging with a town player and offering up info. Also toal was on IA for a while despite going bonkers yesterday. IA *was* a roleblocker so I think he just shared his actual target.

I can't accept taking RF to lylo. Yesterday was so bad and he could never explain his thought process re: IA. Sometimes it's that easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if I were scum I would have killed mae, that's a fact. Who'd ya end up watching?
\