Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

if I were scum I would have killed mae, that's a fact. Who'd ya end up watching?
\

this is not a very compelling defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Toalpaz posted:

so like when you think about it

if scummers had a role block AND a kill why wouldn't they burn one on you.

you claimed b4 night phase, even if they really wanted to kill b-, why wouldn't they just rb you and kill b- because you claimed town power role?

Toalpaz posted:

so like, you didn't claim watcher in your original post.

a) you see an imaginary role block come for random town
b) role block doesn't hit you after claiming d1
c) you aren't killed n1, even though scum rb doesn't hit you
d) you aren't killed n2, even after 'catching' scum rb
e) your claim is structured to fake the existence of scum rb
f) power roles who doubt the validity of your claim die, instead of you
g) this is a vanilla game and you claimed a non vanilla role under duress

that rap wont stick mae. :cool: adjust your thinking

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

this is not a very compelling defense

sandwolf, come now, you think I'm town. I don't need to defend myself in your eyes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

sandwolf, come now, you think I'm town. I don't need to defend myself in your eyes.

no but I also don't want you to be on the chopping block today so don't go talking about what you as scum would do lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

okay, goodbye rf! ##vote rf

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Why would scum IA come in first thing D2 and say he "saw" an RB on Toal, therefore Toal is town? That's silly.

merk posted:

Maerlyn is the only claimed role that can catch scum remaining. We do not have a Doctor. *wink wink* *nudge nudge* She isn't the vote today.

I watched merk and I imagine this has something to do with why I'm still alive.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk is saying scum will kill you last night in that post. it's obviously the right move.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

Why would scum IA come in first thing D2 and say he "saw" an RB on Toal, therefore Toal is town? That's silly.

Town cred + he has to give results. I agree it's silly, that's why he's dead.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

merk is saying scum will kill you last night in that post. it's obviously the right move.

Exactly. The only reason to leave Maerlyn alive is to try to pin suspicion on her or else they're looking for a boon for killing their preferred target and somehow know Maerlyn isn't it.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

In some of the IA/Voodoo banter:

Voodoofly posted:

loving hell I thought this was my post and was about to say I don’t think toalp is scum not sure how that got in there.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Will analyze later.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

In some of the IA/Voodoo banter:

Ineffectual town calls are scum bread and butter imo. Also in the post voodoo is quoting IA calls Toal scum which seems important contextually to your point.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

that rap wont stick mae. :cool: adjust your thinking

These arguments dont sway me if you know IA is lying, which you would know. You called him out on it being a fake claim to distance yourself early D3 as well:

Toalpaz posted:

this is a fake claim

Toalpaz posted:

it isn't vanilla and you were afraid to claim watcher, despite all roles flipping vanilla with standard names

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, Maerlyn claimed to have watched plastic yesterday which means plastic was a free kill if you assume that a town role cannot target the same player twice in a row. I’m probably not down to eliminate Maerlyn.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Plastic would have also been very vocally on board with voting Toal today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote toal

You just can’t let someone remain alive who unabashedly argued to not eliminate scum d2 and d3. Sorry if you’re town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only argument against Toal is IA basically saying he roleblocked Toal.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

##vote toal

You just can’t let someone remain alive who unabashedly argued to not eliminate scum d2 and d3. Sorry if you’re town.

I was under the impression Toal’s song and dance at EoD D3 was so that they could get the hammer in?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mae was pretty clearly antagonistic to me. IA didn't even respond to my bit in thread. I think it's pretty clear that I was making IA look terrible for mae and plastic. If you can't see that then I suppose you'll never understand great art. I'd rather vote out someone sitting on their hands as all their scum buds get voted out like RF.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

IA had a ninja on his team, and even though he had a ninja he claimed voyeur.

That means his only threats are the all but confirmed town watcher or tracker.

Because he's up for elimination d1, he knows his greatest threat is a tracker or cop. In order to maintain his cover of a pro-town visitor role he has to use his Role block. He picks someone unlikely to be protected or watched - enter toalpaz. Now he may be tracked to toalpaz, giving him the benefit of doubt. Because scum team won't wanna role block each other I'm town.

I strongly think that last scum is a flavour cop given that scum are hunting townies. But I don't know for sure.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

I was under the impression Toal’s song and dance at EoD D3 was so that they could get the hammer in?

They tried to suggest me, IA or no execute? I think they came up with that line to explain their whole song and dance in the first place.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

These arguments dont sway me if you know IA is lying, which you would know. You called him out on it being a fake claim to distance yourself early D3 as well:

Yeah I was able to see that it was suspicious from the get go because I am smart and good at mafia. Thanks!

Maerlyn posted:

They tried to suggest me, IA or no execute? I think they came up with that line to explain their whole song and dance in the first place.

lol

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm honestly tempted to just post my PM here, all my town reads have flipped scum and now my scum read flipped town. I'm totally ok with being killed because we can afford it and scum obviously won't bother.
If I had to pick someone as scum now it'd be Toal or maybe sandwolf but I obviously need to give this more of a dig in.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Like, you all are just throwing if you let this guy live:

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok I was going to chide everyone for killing voodoo over me but I guess that worked out

Retro Futurist posted:

Pardon me a moment

AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

Retro Futurist posted:

I just don't really think IA is scum and I'd rather wait and see if people move to plastic

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh for christ's sakes. I swear to god I'm town but go ahead and get me outta here.

considering the other big bad scum was someone who was unavailable to give reads and buddied up with me

and the first scum was someone who buddied up with me clearly itt

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm honestly tempted to just post my PM here, all my town reads have flipped scum and now my scum read flipped town. I'm totally ok with being killed because we can afford it and scum obviously won't bother.
If I had to pick someone as scum now it'd be Toal or maybe sandwolf but I obviously need to give this more of a dig in.

you shouldn't ruin the sanctity of the game, but also i won't blame you for not wanting to get into a mental illness inducing mud fight

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

hmm

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

you shouldn't ruin the sanctity of the game, but also i won't blame you for not wanting to get into a mental illness inducing mud fight

I'm honestly wondering if this game isn't some big prank on me :tinfoil:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

##vote toal

I don't get why this stuff doesn't apply to RF even moreso.

I think Maerlyn was left alive so she would vote Toal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

IA had a ninja on his team, and even though he had a ninja he claimed voyeur.

That means his only threats are the all but confirmed town watcher or tracker.

Because he's up for elimination d1, he knows his greatest threat is a tracker or cop. In order to maintain his cover of a pro-town visitor role he has to use his Role block. He picks someone unlikely to be protected or watched - enter toalpaz. Now he may be tracked to toalpaz, giving him the benefit of doubt. Because scum team won't wanna role block each other I'm town.

I strongly think that last scum is a flavour cop given that scum are hunting townies. But I don't know for sure.

I guessed role cop in my confessional

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

I need to read in earnest.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

this is content lurking *at best*

##vote RF

Tough scum game for you.

##vote sandwolf

Game is over. Post the ending please.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

yeah I’d vote Somber, probably merk too. What’s the case on IA? He claimed RBer and is actually a watcher? Toal were you RBed N1?

Here’s the best 2021 scum slip.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Here’s the best 2021 scum slip.

i noticed that but i am used to people not knowing what's up and being confused

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
For Sandwolf, as I’ve said for multiple days, that’s a scum tell.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote sandiwolfe

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure he's pinged me a few times ##vote sandwolf

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That’s -1

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Uh, probably not

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No one takes issue with rf's vote there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote ok well I don't really want a short day