Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No doubt no doubt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

It's easy to tell you apart. One of your avatars has left aligned text while the other has center aligned text.

Now try from mobile..

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s numberwang!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

SolusLunes posted:

Also I intend to get super high tonight and mafiapost

look forward to it

Done

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I can confirm I had to look up my role on Wikipedia

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Would have been nice of solus to claim there

:ironicat:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am getting caught up from my abrupt holiday so here comes a lot of posts with single quotes

Voodoofly posted:

I mean even I'm not fighting the votes and acknowledges them as fair. Why are you working so hard to defend me?

this pings me the same way merk got caught last game for saying the cases on him were all meritorious

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

It'd be good to get some more people in here, we're getting closer to deadline.

kind of a weird post too, Somber's prior post to this had been a VERY not pushy "this is a real vote on IA", feels like content lurking

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

the only other read i have is that merk's nonchalance bugs me. i don't see the point in going down the merk fear rabbit hole day one, especially when IA seems content to let this happen(?)

though I have been noticing this too, merk is very all over the place on D1

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

Congrats Voodoo! Gonna go hunt down that story now...

Congrats Voodoo! That fuckin owns bones

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok now why DID I think IA was scum I don't even remember

Ah right it was this

I mean Toal's post prolly was "fabricated", in the same way even a lot of my townie posts are still "performative" - it was making a sarcastic joke, I assume. Maerlyn bit too but I expect that, this felt more like trying to jump at a low hanging fruit way too fast.

And then IA followed up with some self pity posts too.

This is all pretty weak suspicion though that pinged me while I was skimming along. Don't exactly want to round up the torches and pitchforks over it.

this post kinda reads like town really reflecting on their own scum/town feelings on someone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Sorry I have not been following along very well and have no thoughts at all in my big ol head. I'll vote whoever the vote leader is closer to deadline I guess

don't like this, town RF usually gets at least one hair up their rear end, even if they ride it through the game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

no idea wtf this is saying, feels a little.. "back-against-the-wall"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

This stands out to me as a good point. I don't see the merit in voting IA any longer with his claim. Very busy day so I'll be few and far between probably

##vote b-minus

might be losing some of the urgency of the moment, but this doesn't read as super sincere to me, "don't see the merit in voting IA any longer"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I don’t think any of the votes are compelling at all so I’ll swing wildly if I’m on my phone and available.

oh at least he acknowledges it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I buy IA's claim and I feel like solus is a good vote today. I'll try to comment on more before deadline or hammer but I'm also at work and trying to wrap poo poo up before the long break.

##vote Solus

Retro Futurist posted:

Sure ##vote solus

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure do, except Solus should be more of a connoisseur of sarcasm

##vote Solus

That is -1 unless someone swooped in after RF while I was writing this

Nope

merk posted:

##vote Solus

That’s -1

these are all hella bad votes that come in within about 45 mins from each other and about five hours before deadline. I'd vote any of these folk, merk looks the worst because Bif commented in her post that THAT vote put Solus at -1.

RF also coming in today to be like "aw why didn't Solus claim what a drag" when A) he did that in the last game and B) he even contributed to the elimination that cut off Solus from talking feels real bad

##vote RF

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

obviously would switch to merk but RF's statement today about Solus feels so loving fake after reading through that EoD

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

##vote mae

omgussing + somber had some good points

wha? where does Somber even talk about Maerlyn?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Huh? I don't follow your A point at all, and the B point is that I voted for him.

A is Complaining about town power role not claiming, which you did by recently, it feels like fake outrage, you know exactly why he didn’t claim, he didn’t want to and/or got hammered 5 hours early.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

Is this not a real vote anymore?

I am also a bit confused by the nature of this post? Why do you care?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

Don't like the voodoo vote. Don't love those last few bif posts either, problematic how much it reads like she's trying to sidestep culpability for her reads.

yeah I’d vote Somber, probably merk too. What’s the case on IA? He claimed RBer and is actually a watcher? Toal were you RBed N1?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

How could you possibly ever vote me here? Did you forget the flipped Ninja that was the target of my only content yesterday?

lmao yes, I did

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

##vote RF as not me.

Deadline is bad time for me as I’m on kid duty this morning. Will be somewhat around to swap and will vote myself if we need the votes.

Voodoofly posted:

##vote voodoo

Probably can’t check in again this morning and it’s a holiday so would rather be safe.

This is definitely a weird series of posts but RF’s lunch seeming to fail in lieu of Voodoo pushes me to think we shouldn’t do RF today.

Plastic was your thing about Somber a breezy gambit?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is that the case on Plastic?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Am I scum?

Though I did have this exact thought to that post

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This IA/Toal thing makes me whanna take a nap and I do not find it compelling as a case on scum? It feels like some mix of a gotcha, night action mafia, and setup spec?

##vote Plastic

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t get any scum vibes from Toal and I’d like to think I have a pretty good sense of them.

RF and Plastic feel like they’re hanging out in the periphery. RF I thought would start posting more but they seem like they’ve dropped off more.

I have some suspicions of Somber.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

I don't think RF is the worst vote and I'm happy enough to just follow merk and Toal as strong town and town reading players respectively, but honestly RF is a distant third in terms of preference today. It just feels pretty normal that RF hasn't done much scum hunting today. Obviously merk knows voodoo better than I do, but that self vote could have just been throwing in the towel or a failed pity gambit.

Somberbrero posted:

earlier you were asking why no one would consider toal. I told you why I won't consider toal today. I'm perceiving hostility in this exchange and I'm not entirely sure why? Let me know if I'm missing something.

I also don't really understand why it's impossible for watcher and voyeur to exist simultaneously, but regardless we don't have a Watcher claim and so have to play assuming that we don't have one and the scum ninja was a red herring. So far that's our only claimed investigative role and so I see the argument for not voting IA even if I don't really agree with it. Did that make any sense? I feel like I confused myself in explaining it.

I sure seem to be pinging people a lot for no one to have made a case.

I'll follow Merk's lead on IA, but I want it stated that his content is bad too. ##vote sand

Somberbrero posted:

Cool ##vote ia

Somber is just following what the winds of the moment are saying, they don't believe any of this crap, they even shirk the responsibility of a vote on my by saying they'll follow merk and Toal. Not a single real opinion in here except for the setup spec.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

yeah, so scum role cop, makes sense with all the rp flippings yeah?

##vote ia

jfc merk is gonna think this is effectively a scumclaim but what the hell is everyone on about IA?? rolecop? roleblocker?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oh wait, it's overlapping watcher roles, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

There's no reason to doubt Mae's claim at this point.

she waited two days to bring up an unconvincing counterclaim? There’s *no* reason to doubt it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

there is definitely some reason to doubt that, not sure why you're so convinced

don't like Plastic pretty much content lurking the day, RF is full lurking (it's monday now Opop!!)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Pardon me a moment

AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

I will never understand folks in this game being indignant when asked for basic information that should be of no effort to provide

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

I went back to double check and actually no he didn’t. I don’t see any mention of voodoo d1 at all, just this d2

And then they leave their vote on him all day.

Retro Futurist posted:

Pretty sure I was right the first time ##vote plastic

oh yes, these posts from two day ago are crystal clear

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

What? This doesn't describe me at all

I'm not gonna source quotes but in Beez you pretty consistently pushed RWC in thread and in masonry. Here you're literally giving people poo poo for not knowing your opinions by reflex

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

Sandwolf, you haven't made a case all game.

Opo, you haven't made a case all game.

Instead of arguing about who has done the most work, both of you could do some basic case making.

you are watching it happen, in real time, merk, embrace the future

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Can we treat deadline like its tonight?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

A good way to know my reads is to look at who I am voting for. Or reading my posts

this is content lurking *at best*

##vote RF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

##execute no one!

No Toal we should definitely kill someone today.

I’d vote IA but I think he’s gonna flip town so I’d like to keep squeezing RF and seeing how folks react around it.