Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

hello my fellow cells how are you

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey OA who is the 13th player anyways OP only has 12 listed

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways I haven't done this in a while so

##Vote: Maerlyn

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So how is everyone doing this fine day?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

b-minus1 posted:

I’m doing fine except I’m bothered by these ia votes

I'm still being tripped up by the Voodoo/IA avatars but

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ah poo poo now I need to assign voice actors for everyone.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

gently caress yeah, congrats Voodoo. :D

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Anyways we have like. 9 hours left so it's about time to start making a decision

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also need to make another post or two to avoid lurker warning because what the gently caress is day 1.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also Toal having nothing but town reads at this point with this little activity is a bit weird.

##vote: Toalpaz

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's Toalpaz and Bif. I'll elaborate in a bit.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bifauxnen posted:

Actually wait

Plastic before you elaborate more than necessary, do you think it's me cause of night action bingo, or because of content? Do you think it's Toal cause of night action bingo, or because of content?

Content and content.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay so I'm assuming that Squiggly vig'd Binus and was taken out the same night given his vote at the end of the day.

Anyways my Bif thought is extremely lacking and I need to re-read the thread with the flips in mind but

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure do, except Solus should be more of a connoisseur of sarcasm

##vote Solus

Whenever Bif starts referencing someone's tone or how they should have taken something, she's scum. :colbert:

...I really think Toalpaz is scum and there was some rapid shifting of votes onto Solus the moment he threw his vote on Toalpaz. Merk feels like incredibly lazy town with that vote but some of them are pinging me. Like Maerlyn (stop me if you've heard this one before) who went out of her way to justify the vote swap with "Oh yeah I totally believe IA's claim so that makes him town" despite the whole you know scum getting fake claims.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also I forgot the most important piece of evidence.

Solus was town. By the laws of Mafia Bif can NOT be town.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Can not also be town you know what I mean

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So I know this is setup spec, but why are we taking IA at his word about his role? It's a really weird role that we can not confirm (unless Toal wants to claim a PR and admit they were blocked) that it doesn't make much sense to have in a low PR setup. Also even if he's telling the truth it's certainly a stretch to immediately assume that result hard clears Toalpaz.

Speaking of Toalpaz. Having this series of posts on the same page are really goddamned weird!

Toalpaz posted:

I have no strong reads other than town ones. I think that Somber, IA, and Solus are town.

I suspect squiggles is town.

Looking at the players, maybe mae and rf ?????

Toalpaz posted:

I'll do my bit to not die ##vote ia

Notice solus making the same read of tone as ia tho?

Toalpaz posted:

IA, you're just too charming. Here we gooooo

##vote solus

They go out of their way to call both IA and Solus town. THEN turn around and proceed to vote both of them. IA as this supposedly self-interest save my own rear end vote (when they're at -5), and then Solus for... some weird tone argument to disguise the fact that it's an OMGUS vote. Meanwhile the two players that Toal says might be scum never get followed up, looked at, or anything.

##vote: Toalpaz

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Retro Futurist posted:

I’d say it proves toal isn’t an SK but that’s about it

Also I'm pretty sure we know who did the second kill. The dead vigilante who ended the day with his vote on Binus and loudly shouting that he was scum.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toalpaz posted:

Mae I was second on the vote finder list 4-5 hours from deadline at the time. I voted so that it I would never be 'vote leader' and people would never be 'forced to vote me', as the phenomenon of eod goes.

You were at -5 and your own vote put IA at -2, while the guy who ended up getting voted had no votes at the time. That is nonsense, you know it's nonsense

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Those are all pretty good points, Merk, and gently caress it, citations have me won over. Though I don't want to let IA and Toalpaz off the hook, especially given that Voodoo seemed to start that vote train onto Solus to protect Toaly. It's something we should probably come back to tomorrow.

##vote: Voodoo

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This is definitely lazy town merk and I will not be voting him.

Somber, why is RF your second choice? You've mentioned wanting to vote him a few times now but never really explained why. Is it literally just his vote on Solus yesterday?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey Somber, why were you visiting Bif last night?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hmm. Interesting. It really sounds like we should lunch IA then.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Sandwolf posted:

Plastic was your thing about Somber a breezy gambit?

Guilty as charged.

Also as to Merk's question, I noticed that the post targeting Solus from Voodoo didn't come when IA was at -2, but the moment Solus agreed with me about Toalpaz, Voodoo suddenly hops in with a lovely case and the votes just slam in. I don't know if it was an excuse, but it's really weird timing, especially with Voodoo's self vote and Toal doing the "well I guess I'll hammer whatever" routine.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Can we also talk about the idea that scum did literally nothing to Merk after he got scum taken out day 2?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

merk posted:

Am I scum?

No I'm suggesting that IA's result sounds like bullshit.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

I have agreed strongly with Plastic so far, which should frighten me...Will look more closely at him.

Love you too, Maer.

Also leaving this here.

##Vote: IA

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, exactly so with no town cc it doesn't make sense to vote ia.

This makes no sense. IA's not claiming Watcher. He's claiming some almost useless role that tells us basically nothing.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I could see Sandwolf but I don't think scum makes such a colossal blunder as accusing Merk out of the gate. Reads more like town who isn't paying a bit of attention. ...I have more bad town than scum reads at this point.

Also IA being the watcher makes no sense because what is the point of a ninja in that case? Oh no we don't know that someone killed this player. ...Except they're still gonna turn up flipped and unable to post. (Unless there actually is no watcher and the ninja thing is a hilarious mod troll on everyone.)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toalpaz posted:

Imo he was setting up for a scum bud to pity unvote him and for himself to quickly unvote

Was a few hours to deadline iirc

...So is his scumbud there me or Maerlyn because it sure as hell isn't Merk.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Eh, I think RF's more bad town than flat out scum, but I'll vote him if we need me to actually get a lunch today. I'd still rather vote IA with how badly he's been pinging me though. His claimed role is almost completely useless, and if he DOES flip town (I severely doubt it), it at least clears Toalpaz.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So it's not quite as bad as I thought, as IA doesn't change his mind on Toalpaz until day 2 after his supposed result. But there are a couple of posts that really bother me.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like a lot of people are just phoning in votes here, but I also feel like there isn't much I could reasonably do here to prove innocence. I don't even have any good reads of anyone.

I suppose this strikes me as odd:

I don't see why having nothing but town reads in a fairly quiet day 1 is out of the ordinary. This indicates that you yourself had a strong read of someone prior to voting toal, and I don't think there's much in your post history to actually support that position.

Toal's survival vote also looks bad imo since they weren't ever really in danger?:

So now I feel like I'm being set up, and scum has to be on my vote.

Where IA has a halfhearted defense of Toal in the same post where he's saying they're scum.

and then there's his last post at the end of the day

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

Which feels like a bunch of hemming and hawing in an attempt to set up "well oops, one of them wasn't scum, let's get the other one~" down the line. And most importantly there's something very important missing here. At the time, IA is at -2. Toalpaz is at -5. IA has spent a bunch of time, including this last post saying Toal is scum, and he's on the chopping block now with Toalpaz being the next vote leader. IA DOES NOT VOTE. Hell he hasn't voted anyone since his pity self-vote earlier in the day. And this somehow immediately convinces Toalpaz to change their vote to Solus, and we all know what happened next.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mafia edit: He didn't vote anyone for the rest of day 1.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Or more likely Toal is IA's scum bro and is trying REALLY hard to protect him.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toal who scum then, cause you were fine lunching IA day 1 until you weren't, you were fine voting IA on day 2 until you weren't, and once again you're repeating that exact same process.It seems pretty obvious that Toal wants to be seen voting IA, but is consistently refusing to commit and always trying to push someone else instead.

(It's IA and Toal let's just dunk IA now.)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

IA has a fake as poo poo sounding role, a counter claim by Maerlyn who had a really good reason to not out, was being protected by scum on Day 1, and most damning of all, refused to vote for his actual top scum read when he was at -2. Meanwhile Toal's been doing some light bussing on IA while refusing to actually commit to a vote against him, and is now actively protecting IA while refusing to give an alternative. It's those two and it's almost painfully blatant at this point.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maer, RF, Sandwolf, would any of you be willing to vote IA so we can actually move the game along? It's pretty clear Toalpaz is going to keep trying to protect him, so it's up to you at this point.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also if we don't execute, we're basically getting no new information from this point on since there's likely a scum roleblocker who can shut down Maerlyn forever (she's not dying so IA can keep up his Voyeur claim), so we're going to be back at this situation without Merk.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

:psyduck:

Sandwolf, IA has a role claim with zero utility, and after three days of this game all we have from him is "...Uh Toal is town, but I only really believe it because he's following my lead, and I dunno, my counter claimer is scum?". He's consistently refused to actually vote his scum reads and is constantly just going "oh woe is me" rather than actually making cases. His flip tells us way more than anyone else, IMO. It'll tell us a lot about Toal, RF, and Maerlyn if he flips. Plus, if he does flip town (he won't), we lose basically nothing of value and still get a hard clear on Toalpaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also if we somehow can't agree on an IA lunch I'm down to just slam Toalpaz out of the game at this point because they are not even pretending like they have an interest in scum hunting.