Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

the thing where a senior dev is working the junior dev like a coding puppet sucks, dont do that.

> I AM A CODE POPSICLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nudgenudgetilt posted:

My only experience with pair programming was when I worked at a company that got suckered into the Pivotal experience, where your entire team spends weeks-months working at the Pivotal office learning to do things the Pivotal way, with two Pivotal engineers embedded in the team. It's all day every day pairing. You have no personal space, no desk to call your own. If you're a Pivotal employee and not a client, you get a locker.

I've never seen an entire engineering team churn so quickly.

what the gently caress