Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1461547200455008258

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Wow. Josh Rosen. Wow

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm also kinda stunned the Falcons dressed three quarterbacks in general, but two of those quarterbacks being Josh Rosen and Felipe Franks is some special stuff.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just let Matt Ryan retire off into the sunset jesus this team is awful

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Honestly, Franks threw the least-worst INT of all the ATL QBs.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Magicpants posted:

so the pats kick a fg, go up 28-0.

say you're the falcons, if the pats just sit back in the redzone, let you get a free play into field goal yardage... do you kick a fg or just let yourself get shut out?

i think, in this scenario, the O-line sort of lines up at the 50, takes out knives, and just literally commits seppuku

or they let themselves get shut out, which would be metaphorical seppuku

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Well that game was bad I enjoyed it a lot.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Do you honestly give Arthur Smith a second season? He's a former offensive coordinator and this offensive is loving awful.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine being Felipe Franks and your career NFL stat line forever being 0/1 with 1 Int.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Rosen should be breathing a huge sigh of relief that Franks threw that int. That could save Rosen's job.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

Do you honestly give Arthur Smith a second season? He's a former offensive coordinator and this offensive is loving awful.

I mean their OL is non functional and their best player is taking a mental health break which nobody could've predicted.

It's ugly, but if Matt Ryan retires, who are you getting who's likely to be better willing to walk into that situation?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Imagine being Felipe Franks and your career NFL stat line forever being 0/1 with 1 Int.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Kirios posted:

As a Jets fan I'm quickly coming to terms with the idea that sometimes you just gotta fire a coach after one year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

McCourtey and not Van Noy? C'mon son.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Is that Ballinger Lippencott poo poo for real?

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Kirios posted:

not that the falcons were good to begin with, but especially when you have at least the basis for competence in matt ryan

brandon staley has been head and shoulders the best 1st year coach, and even he hasn't look particularly good

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

SpitztheGreat posted:

As a Jets fan I'm quickly coming to terms with the idea that sometimes you just gotta fire a coach after one year.

Seriously. You don't let awful head coaches fester and make it even harder to drag yourself out of it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Is that Ballinger Lippencott poo poo for real?

100%

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

28 - 3 = 25 - 0

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: :wtf:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Fate Accomplice posted:

28 - 3 = 25 - 0

that's number wang!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I mean their OL is non functional and their best player is taking a mental health break which nobody could've predicted.

It's ugly, but if Matt Ryan retires, who are you getting who's likely to be better willing to walk into that situation?

The Falcons really screwed up by winning 4 games because this roster needs all the help it can get. There are like two good defensive players, two and a half good offensive players when they're at full strength.

And it's not like they have a who lot of people who I think would be okish glue guys if they were surrounded by better talent.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

28 - 3 = 25 - 0

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fate Accomplice posted:

28 - 3 = 25 - 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005