Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

hambeet posted:

like lol toal, how is it latching onto hal and running '2 cases' when i've literally said i believe hal, siv and plastic are the scum team by process of elimination and i'll vote any of those three today.

that's not a second case if i continue to call hal scummy lmao.

I think you are taking the sand wolf claim for granted, and I'm pretty sure I would play totally different than you are playing but we are different people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I think you are taking the sand wolf claim for granted, and I'm pretty sure I would play totally different than you are playing but we are different people.

yeah we are v.different, except for our love of grog.

i've talked about sandwolfs claim and given reasoning for why i think it's legit on a few occasions now. it's an awful risky gambit for scum at mylo. i don't buy it sorry.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

yeah we are v.different, except for our love of grog.

i've talked about sandwolfs claim and given reasoning for why i think it's legit on a few occasions now. it's an awful risky gambit for scum at mylo. i don't buy it sorry.

You say it's difficult and risky, but town has 2 working claimed investigation roles. All you have to do is with hold kill at 8 (putting town to 7 doesn't change time to win) and say you doctored someone who looks town 3 nights in a row, pocketing them. There's no risk of tracking or watchers, the tracker or watcher is probably on scum team.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

You say it's difficult and risky, but town has 2 working claimed investigation roles. All you have to do is with hold kill at 8 (putting town to 7 doesn't change time to win) and say you doctored someone who looks town 3 nights in a row, pocketing them. There's no risk of tracking or watchers, the tracker or watcher is probably on scum team.

and what did that achieve for sandwolf, when meen and i were the main topic this morning?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like i know why you'd do it and i get the strategy, i just think it's very unlikely here because of the great risk for little reward.

if sandwolf's name was being thrown around regularly with meen and my own this morning and it could have gone either way? sure, totally. but it was nothing like that.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

##unvote

Okay I have some information that is going to blow this case wide open, but I'd request that you unvote me really quick first, Hambeet.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

(It's going to take me a bit of time to type up and I'd like to not get scum rushed.)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hmmmmm ok

##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but you've not been scum rushed in the few hours since siv put it on there so.....?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress it

##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and everyone has been around and posting since then i think? oh maybe not meen. but for him to be scum you'd have to not believe humalongs results nor humalong.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

but you've not been scum rushed in the few hours since siv put it on there so.....?

I've been watching the thread like a hawk worrying about this. Several people haven't come back since I voted, it's possible scum actually have social lives and aren't online.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

I've been watching the thread like a hawk worrying about this. Several people haven't come back since I voted, it's possible scum actually have social lives and aren't online.

it's also possible that the vote is on scum already and they wouldn't have numbers to rush?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

and what did that achieve for sandwolf, when meen and i were the main topic this morning?

alternatively, why claim at all where there are still other unclaimed VT's and he can keep doctoring cop in secret. It doesn't give him a 'town' edge. No one was going to execute hum today at mlylooloy I feel.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i don't think sandwolf has posted since you voted siv either. so meen and sandwolf.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

alternatively, why claim at all where there are still other unclaimed VT's and he can keep doctoring cop in secret. It doesn't give him a 'town' edge. No one was going to execute hum today at mlylooloy I feel.

sandwolf claimed to try seal the deal on me. that's how i felt it flowed at the time anyway.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

and everyone has been around and posting since then i think? oh maybe not meen. but for him to be scum you'd have to not believe humalongs results nor humalong.

Sandy hasn't posted since I voted, either.

hambeet posted:

it's also possible that the vote is on scum already and they wouldn't have numbers to rush?

Well, yes, this is also possible, obviously.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

##unvote

Okay I have some information that is going to blow this case wide open, but I'd request that you unvote me really quick first, Hambeet.

:allears:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

this game started slow and felt apathetic at times, but the same can't be said about today!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

*blows cigar and puts a box of Scooby Snax on the table*

You see, Mr. Doo, I'd like to make you an offer you can't refuse. You're a smart dog. You realize that it doesn't really matter who else gets put down here, as long as you're standing when the smoke clears. So I see two ways your future can go. Option one, you take this box of Scooby Snax, end this crusade, and take the rest of the day off. We bury the hatchet, and you get to go back to Shaggy with a funny story, a few dozen boxes of snax, and a boatload of slightly illegal weed. Or you can choose option two. Keep voting me. Sure, the rest of these chumps might rat out the traitors they're looking for, but you will not be among the living to see the end of it.

##vote: No Lunch

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

sandwolf claimed to try seal the deal on me. that's how i felt it flowed at the time anyway.

IMO, at the time we literally don't know if Hum is sane or insane or faking claiming. It just secures his claim, and functionally agrees that Humalong is town. Which scum or town would do at that time. Him claiming doctor had no bearing on whether you were caught or not.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

IMO, at the time we literally don't know if Hum is sane or insane or faking claiming. It just secures his claim, and functionally agrees that Humalong is town. Which scum or town would do at that time. Him claiming doctor had no bearing on whether you were caught or not.

i had already suggested that i think i know what happened to the night kill. humalong made fun of me about a fortuitous hider boon claim. sandwolf claimed doc, i feel, to cut me off from what he thought would be a bullshit claim from me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

You see, Mr. Doo, I'd like to make you an offer you can't refuse. You're a smart dog. You realize that it doesn't really matter who else gets put down here, as long as you're standing when the smoke clears. So I see two ways your future can go. Option one, you take this box of Scooby Snax, end this crusade, and take the rest of the day off. We bury the hatchet, and you get to go back to Shaggy with a funny story, a few dozen boxes of snax, and a boatload of slightly illegal weed. Or you can choose option two. Keep voting me. Sure, the rest of these chumps might rat out the traitors they're looking for, but you will not be among the living to see the end of it.

but seriously lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i actually wondered when scum would figure out that's an option.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

:anime:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well i only thought of it as an option earlier when i was responding to one of hal's posts. not when i initially claimed.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Ahahaha this loving game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that is excellent plastic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so the options here for me are:

play it out with town, scum might get vindictive and waste a night kill on me.
play it out with scum, depends on night action boogaloo or any outstanding boons, but could entirely
or force friendship where scum and town refuse to kill each other and mods endgame everyone under friendship (an actual option according to the mods)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

play it out with scum, depends on night action boogaloo or any outstanding boons, but could entirely
or force friendship where scum and town refuse to kill each other and mods endgame everyone under friendship (an actual option according to the mods)

You're the prettiest girl at the ball!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

spacing in vienna posted:

You're the prettiest girl at the ball!

:blush:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i do feel if i side with scum i'll be setting back the progressive cause of stopping 3P policy votes by at least a decade.

however i feel scum deserve it. i felt bad turning the tables on them today as they've played well, but i had to look after myself first.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Lol really is that last one true?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

Hey, Mr. Doo. Nice to meet you. Lt. Theo Kojak here.

[img src="https://imgur.com/a/I5FqUGD" alt="kojak"]

I mean, I'm willin' to consider option 3, the one where we all make friends or whatever. But option 1, buddy? Not smart.

Might get vindictive? You think we won't kill a dog? We'll send you to a real nice farm upstate. We ain't got much left to lose.

And, well, this option seemed more interestin' than playing the long game.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

well i only thought of it as an option earlier when i was responding to one of hal's posts. not when i initially claimed.

Really? I mean I thought that was always the obvious option in these situations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hambeet posted:

i actually wondered when scum would figure out that's an option.

As soon as you claimed, actually. We just weren't sure how / when to bring it up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Lol really is that last one true?

yeah. i asked mods about options from here if we're stalemated which they answered ambiguously (as they should)

but they said if i could convince town to not execute ever again and scum to not kill ever again we could endgame under friendship.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I can't believe I hosed up my image coding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So who’s the third?