Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hrm, you could either have a really good player some of the time or none of the time. I wonder which is better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Kalli posted:

I find this one enjoyable because the only stat it's based on are the actual betting lines to deteremine team quality.

I very much dislike the use of "possibly frisky" as a descriptor in general and when applied to the Cincinnati Bengals specifically.

The mouthfeel is frankly disturbing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ironic since Mixon is the only one you'd really like to see get injured. Cook too now I suppose.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

The mouthfeel is frankly disturbing.

Possibly Frisky singles in your area

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
this is mixon's best year, isn't it?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The best QB prospect since Andrew Luck threw 1 TD pass in a November where he was fully healthy. He's thrown 6 TDs in his last 10 games.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The best QB prospect since Andrew Luck threw 1 TD pass in a November where he was fully healthy. He's thrown 6 TDs in his last 10 games.

I’d like to peer into the timeline where Mac is currently on the Jags.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

Offensive guru Urban Meyer

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The average NFL team scores 23 points per game.

The Jaguars have hit that number exactly once this season.

The Jets have managed this 3 times.

The Texans have also done this once, and it was against the Jaguars, so that's probably worse yeah?

Lions have also done it once and it took being blown out by the 49ers in week 1.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 29, 2021

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Offensive guru Urban Meyer Brian Schottenheimer

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kalli posted:

The average NFL team scores 23 points per game.

The Jaguars have hit that number exactly once this season.

The Jets have managed this 3 times.

The Texans have also done this once, and it was against the Jaguars, so that's probably worse yeah?

Lions have also done it once and it took being blown out by the 49ers in week 1.

Let's not forget the Bears! They managed to hit 23 points twice, with their highest scoring game of the year was when they lost to the Steelers 27-29.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hrm, you could either have a really good player some of the time or none of the time. I wonder which is better?

that’s not how the salary cap works

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

I find this one enjoyable because the only stat it's based on are the actual betting lines to deteremine team quality.

I'm mildly impressed the Lions are ahead of the Jets and Texans.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Diva Cupcake posted:

Has anyone offered a macro-level explanation for why the rookies this year (outside of Jones :qq:) are playing worse than anyone expected? Something schematic like the rise of two-high throughout the league? I mean obviously the occam's razor explanation is that these are just unpolished rookies in bad organizations, but it seems like the 2021 class has mostly been more dogshit than previous rookie classes.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

because they suck

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

indigi posted:

that’s not how the salary cap works

The cap is rarely a constraint but also Henry, Kamara and McCaffery are absolutely integral to the offenses of their respective teams and nowhere else they could spend that money would have as big an affect as them being there.

Nobody ever does this poo poo for offensive linemen despite them dying constantly. Kamara has a cap hit of 5 million and he’s 80% of the offense. Mike Thomas cap hit is twice that and he hasn’t played in a year. Andrus Peat costs more and is gone for the year and is constantly injured. Armstead is constantly injured. Are good tackles hard to replace? Hell yea. So are backs as good as Henry or Cook or McCaffery or Kamara.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The only other one in a good situation is Tre Lance and that looks to be a big bag of nothing so far.

Lawrence looks to be in the worst situation imaginable while Wilson and Fields look to be going through all the same poo poo every other QB drafted by the Jets and Bears go through.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The anomaly was really Herbert playing that well his rookie year. Never judge a QB if they are forced to play the first year, they may turn around and Josh Allen you the second year.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

kiimo posted:

The anomaly was really Herbert playing that well his rookie year. Never judge a QB if they are forced to play the first year, they may turn around and Josh Allen you the second year.

There were more than just him. Baker and Watson, Wentz and Prescott, Murray looked better than these guys, and Mahomes in his second year but first starting. Not disagreeing with your point, just more saying that it was a really strange stretch of great rookie (or new starter) play.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Professor Funk posted:

Has anyone offered a macro-level explanation for why the rookies this year (outside of Jones :qq:) are playing worse than anyone expected? Something schematic like the rise of two-high throughout the league? I mean obviously the occam's razor explanation is that these are just unpolished rookies in bad organizations, but it seems like the 2021 class has mostly been more dogshit than previous rookie classes.

Jags

Jets

Bears

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1465419295480029186?t=HL5NCM3Esx-4URCm_wkV6A&s=19

Lol

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Well that helps the Ravens.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Saints have a chance??

*looks at Trevor siemien*

*sighs and puts paper bag back on*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

There were more than just him. Baker and Watson, Wentz and Prescott, Murray looked better than these guys, and Mahomes in his second year but first starting. Not disagreeing with your point, just more saying that it was a really strange stretch of great rookie (or new starter) play.

fair

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Well that helps the Ravens.

Especially since he probably gave it to Burrow with that wrestling routine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

49ers on the second tier?

You're right; seems low

really queer Christmas posted:

Saints have a chance??

*looks at Trevor siemien*

*sighs and puts paper bag back on*

turn that frown upside down buddy the tight end is gonna start on Thursday :)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1465403906930925571

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Well if they're gonna pay him they'd better play him

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1465397792583532544?t=MWBKDvaqP5k8uk7lRBigYQ&s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

Well if they're gonna pay him they'd better play him

Kind of shocked I haven't seen more Paysom Hill puns

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Rodgers played decently? Not like amazing but certainly not poorly

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jameis "luigi" Winston

Spoeank posted:

You're right; seems low

turn that frown upside down buddy the tight end is gonna start on Thursday :)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1465403906930925571

I'll take it, even though he sucks he's at least more entertaining. Siemien just... drains the life out of you.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

"Advanced stats" in the NFL are profoundly dumb, thank you.

Anyhoo...

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1465458027503538180

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Yup. That's why I shared! Very stupid stuff.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hot Diggity! posted:

Anyhoo...

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1465458027503538180

Covids over

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Covid ain't over til we defeat the Omega variant

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I just realized there's no Manningcast tonight, so I've lost whatever interest I had in Seahawks-WFT

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

im a big statistics and logical guy so i will sooner believe that jameis and jimmy g are the best two qbs in the league than accept that these measures have any conceptual issues

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
All these stats feel like trying to baseballify Football and this is a mistake. Can't teach white 6-6 250lbs with a strong arm at QB thus is a leader with Football IQ is NFL.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 30, 2021

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fartknocker posted:

I just realized there's no Manningcast tonight, so I've lost whatever interest I had in Seahawks-WFT

drat, that sucks. Oh well, I ordered pizza so here's hoping RWBS & THBS happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/TheBGustafson/status/1465474856166715392

This is gonna suuuuuck lol