Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

bows1 posted:

Can you post the whole article? Its paywalled for me

edit - oh jeez didnt see the Everson Griffin stuff before I posted. I hope he gets help :(

Not gonna post the whole thing since that's probably not allowed but the most relevant parts are:

quote:

After previously describing it in vague terms as a “Covid injury,” Rodgers confirmed what dermatologists had previously suspected.

“No lingering effects, other than the Covid Toe,” Rodgers said Tuesday on the Pat McAfee show.

Covid Toe is a casual name for something medically known as pernio or chilblains, which is a condition that causes symptoms such as discoloration and lesions. It can be extremely painful and turn the toes purple.

the condition tends to occur one to four weeks after infection.

He also indicated that the issue is primarily with his fifth, or pinkie, toe.

“I have an injury that’s not going away,” he said.

The condition can be so painful that some patients report difficulty wearing shoes.

One of the most critical factors that can exacerbate Covid Toe is cold weather. Rodgers happens to play for a team in Green Bay, Wis., where temperatures are expected to dip below 20 degrees this week.

In most cases, Freeman says, the lesions will resolve on their own.

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Jared Goff will not complete a pass that goes more than five yards downfield in the air.

Unless it's to a Bears' player

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Fate Accomplice posted:

so many ads for USAA-like companies - financial/whatever services for ex-military people.

USAA even has those Gronk ads where they specifically exclude him because he didn't serve.

Here's the thing - most of the people watching won't have served, so this advertising is massively inefficient - it shouldn't be that hard for these companies to target actual ex-military people.

So why do they do it? the only thing I can come up with is maybe they get money from the military itself to advertise as a pseudo recruiting expenditure?

with the idea that someone will think "whoa, there's a lotta cool stuff you have access to after being in the military, maybe I should give that a second look"

I just don't understand the value in advertising a service on national TV that excludes >90% of all Americans.

it's not like advertising a car brand - there's a chance some day I could buy a Ford.

I'm never going to serve in the military, these ads will never apply to me.

Creating a sense of exclusivity is a classic marketing tactic

This book is a good read

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Well if they're gonna pay him they'd better play him

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Covid ain't over til we defeat the Omega variant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
I'll give advanced stats one thing, it's convinced more coaches to go for it on fourth and short