Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
QMNT sounds like a dodgy Chinese television brand that you can buy 3 for $1000 on AliEpxress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
OP, I also did the sexpat teach abroad thing in the mid-2000's in a different authoritarian hellhole whose desperate thirst for international validation led them to embark on similar vanity projects to show they'd "arrived," so I'm always interested to hear from others things like:
  • how did you find a job there to begin with
  • what caused you to go from whatever you were doing before to that (better pay I guess is the default answer)
  • did you remain a teacher your entire time there or did you move to other profession(s) once you were established there
  • you were there quite a long time and seems like you established a decent life there - what caused you to recently leave
  • knowing what you know now, what would you have done differently in your time there

I'll hang up and listen, thanks

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
What a fun and spontaneous outpouring of support for nations they are not from

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
World Cup Supporters brought to you by Wish

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

blue footed boobie posted:

Remember the artificial clouds?

You can’t mention this without the associated video rendering of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0idC5I7aDnI

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 18, 2022

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Harald posted:

Qatar is a poo poo nation,

FIFA is poo poo.

murder thousands of people to have a soccer gently caress you

They don't even show up after their dumb rear end nation spent 200 billion loving dollars on stadia in the desert

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

i say swears online posted:

if you drop your chauvinist western notions of 'making money' i think you'll be more accepted

This is racist and classist, please do better

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

here in the thread for talking about dead labourers and corrupt government contracts we love to ignore dead labourers and corrupt government contracts

This is the first I'm hearing of this?!? I'm pretty sure there wasn't a long-running, multi-year ongoing thread about FIFA's corruption for this and every World Cup so I'm glad this poster is bringing it to our attention.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Big brain Ingurland fans wearing chain mail in the hot rear end desert

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Totally normal and definitely not super hosed up:

quote:

An Argentinian reporter’s live interview with a wheelchair user at the soccer World Cup in Qatar was cut short when officials appeared and demanded the crew stop filming. Journalist Joaquin Alvarez was speaking to the soccer fan for the popular Nosotros a la Mañana TV show when three officials crashed the conversation, ordering Alvarez to produce his media credentials and making the cameraman point his lens away from the fan.

“This is what the Qatar government is like,” Alvarez’s colleagues said in the studio in Buenos Aires. The reporter later resumed filming in the back of a car, explaining he’d been told to leave the area where he had been working earlier because it is “private.” “I was frightened and thought they were going to take me prisoner,” he added. “This is an example of severe censorship and we have to say so,” his colleague Nicolas Magaldi remarked.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qatar-world-cup-officials-censor-live-tv-interview-with-fan-in-wheelchair

Wonder how Infantino would spin this - "hey at least he's not a ginger Italian, that's real repression"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Adidas could broker a truce between them or withhold their tracksuits

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Apparently all the malls are only selling Adidas merch, Nike shops are boarded up you can only buy team shirts that Adidas make in Qatar

Russian mafia strikes again

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Legit shocked there have been no (reported) fan deaths so far

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
How many dead migrant workers does it take to change a light bulb in Qatar?

:smith:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Crazy Ted posted:

The hot new conspiracy theory is that he died because of his vaccinations because something something bullshit something something they cause fissures in the aorta or something.

Pretty sure that's how they administered the vaccine to the lady in that one scene in Pulp Fiction

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Look at that lumpy body (my monitor is on)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Ah, a fellow fan of every football team in the world

vyelkin posted:

RIP top forum TRP

jesus WEP posted:

back to the 10 of us saying pooshited and nice meltdown for the next 4 years, can’t wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

do we get a trophy for that?

cuptied