Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Thanksgiving games should be make it take it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

can I interest you in a taysom hill?

does he come cheap?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The best Thanksgiving game was when the Bears beat the Packers on Favre night, which I think might be their only win in Green Bay in 30 years.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Watching the Lions beef it on thanksgiving is a tradition. The rest of the year I don’t care about them at all but once a year I get to antagonize my mom by rooting for Detroit to lose, as foretold in the prophecy. Don’t take that away from me please.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Asproigerosis posted:

can I interest you in a taysom hill?

I would rather watch Taysom Hill 1000 times out of 1000. Siemian is the exact same kind of overmatched-to-mediocre dopey QB I've watched the Saints trot out for decades. Hill is at least entertaining, while also being kinda ok.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yes but for each yard hill gets his contract gets a little bigger

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I remain completely baffled by Siemian, he was a pretty lousy quarterback at Northwestern and only won the year he was the change of pace "throwing quarterback" with Kain Colter, the next year when he was QB1 he was pretty awful and the beginning of the big, slow, game managery quarterbacks at the school who all sucked but somehow ended up holding clipboards in the NFL instead of the tiny fast, accurate guys who tortured the Big Ten when Northwestern had a watchable offense and ruled.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Reset Smith posted:

does he come cheap?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes but for each yard hill gets his contract gets a little bigger

Obviously tons of contracts are incentived but I am now in love with the idea of a contract that updates it’s value in real time based on in game action. And it can work both ways, if he loses yards on a play it gets a little less valuable.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m thinking about all of those “actually it’s Good when the Cowboys do well” articles from the beginning of the season and lmao-ing at them this morning

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I remain completely baffled by Siemian, he was a pretty lousy quarterback at Northwestern and only won the year he was the change of pace "throwing quarterback" with Kain Colter, the next year when he was QB1 he was pretty awful and the beginning of the big, slow, game managery quarterbacks at the school who all sucked but somehow ended up holding clipboards in the NFL instead of the tiny fast, accurate guys who tortured the Big Ten when Northwestern had a watchable offense and ruled.

My memory is hazy but i think it was that The Brockweiler was terrible, then Paxton Lynch was Hackenberg-level unplayable, so he got starting reps for Denver by default. Now he has Real NFL Starting QB Experience so he'll be a backup for life.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1464325700681297924?t=S_UVnnHyFHo5s-hjjYzJsA&s=19

Posting in both threads

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I’m thinking about all of those “actually it’s Good when the Cowboys do well” articles from the beginning of the season and lmao-ing at them this morning

It actually is objectively good when the Cowboys do well because it makes their inevitable late season collapse funnier.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Just wanted to say thread title is A+, nice one ST!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Is this a legit hat for sale? Cause I'd spend $30 on it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah some rear end in a top hat has a ton of merch at the funny name dot com

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 28, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I don't even know what to say about this garbage team anymore

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I love the bengals

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
For anyone that didn't get to see and hear the majestic doinks by the TEN kicker

https://defector.com/randy-bullocks-doinks-were-bonks/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

da bucs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kind of a weird game, pretty much pushed the Titans around all game... except for a bunch of giant rushes, and then by the 4th quarter, the Titans were just worn out.

Titans played pretty heroically in the first half, they'll be scary if they can get healthy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Titans should be fearsome in the playoffs.

Until then we gotta hope we get some of those easy wins because lol we're not getting back that #1 seed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RobGronkowski/status/1465082041209344004

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Titans should be fearsome in the playoffs.

Until then we gotta hope we get some of those easy wins because lol we're not getting back that #1 seed.

#1 is still possible for you if the Bills aren’t total frauds and manage to lose to the Pats twice

Oh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We're getting Brady vs. Belichick in the Super Bowl and we may as well make peace with that right now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benne posted:

We're getting Brady vs. Belichick in the Super Bowl and we may as well make peace with that right now

I’d root for the Pats.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Same

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’d root for the Bucs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where do you think Super Bowl LVIII will take place. i bet it takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada. wrong thread.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Benne posted:

No

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Benne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9A6ctjHAxE

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Benne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mD6c3k_-h0

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua owns.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if you guys hate seeing the patriots win the super bowl just have the team you root for beat them in the playoffs, it rules

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lmao Rams may have seriously hosed up trading for Stafford.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao Rams may have seriously hosed up trading for Stafford.

he's better than Goff. He may not be the one to take them back to the superbowl, but he's still better than Goff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

indigi posted:

if you guys hate seeing the patriots win the super bowl just have the team you root for beat them in the playoffs, it rules

Can confirm