Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jared my poor sweet boy what did they do to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The biggest question about the Stafford trade now is was it worth losing 4-5 defensive starters over getting him to improve the offense. Rams have 45 million tied up QBs now and were forced to take losses on defense with the hope that Stafford would bring the offense up enough to improve the team. It looked good the first 8 weeks but it has loving stunk the last 3. I still think they can fix it, but yeesh the defense isn't going to get better.

The other moves this off-season that look horrible in retrospect is the DeSean Jackson signing and drafted Tutu Atwell with their top draft pick. That's another 5 million in cap and a 2nd round pick that they could have used to help the defense or offensive line and got absolutely nothing out of.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

indigi posted:

I think the Rams would have the exact same record if they kept Goff

You are a moron then

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

indigi posted:

they beat all the lovely teams with Goff anyway, still losing to teams with good defenses. 10-6 last year, probably 11-6 this one

They lost to the Jets and Dolphins last year because Goff couldn't find an open receiver against the blitz. They would have lost a bunch of other games last year if their defense didn't completely mask the problems they were having on offense the whole year.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think it’d be close and they’d still have two firsts and the poo poo they traded to Denver for Von Miller.

Yes, the future 2nd and 3rd round picks would definitely help the current team now, astute analysis.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

pasaluki posted:

I can't say I'm surprised that a franchise known for being extremely aggressive in free agency is potentially seeing that approach backfire.

For how McVay portrays himself as this omniscient indigo child coach, he really isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

Everyone was all over the Rams at the beginning of the season because it was different way to run a football team.
But different doesn't always mean better.

Just as the Rams deserve to be worshipped if this wins them the SB, they deserve to eat poo poo if it fails because no team has mortgaged their future quite as overtly as the Rams have.

The Rams aren't at all aggressive in Free Agency. They specifically stay out of Free Agency and sign cut guys or focus on trades to pile up comp picks.