Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I just sent in mine! I hope you're prepared to be dragged down by me, the lowest common denominator!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
In all seriousness, I'm only a car dabler so I spent a half hour giving these questions a good think and even googling some basics on the subject if it was totally out of my wheelhouse. These are good questions!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

KillHour posted:

I argue that "Tesla Model S" should go in the group that just said "Tesla", since you asked for a model :colbert:

I would like to make the same argument for "2008 Tesla Roadster", my goal was to get rid of all Teslas by Sarah Connoring the first one.

edit: Oh but the Dodge Ram is a tempting choice, I really think I'd rather erase the bro-truck than Musk's lovely EV.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 23, 2021

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The biggest challenge I faced in that question was whether or not TRD even qualified or would it have been like calling the Eddie Bauer edition an in house performance shop.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Uuuuuugh, patch kit is such a good answer. No I'm not going to to perform field repairs on my tire; I'm going to work, not driving a covered wagon westward in the name of manifest destiny.

"Oh no, my shift starts at nine!"

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 26, 2021

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Really, all these needless repair tools you don't need in your car just reads like a list of stocking stuffers gifted by your clueless but well meaning family :unsmith:

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm surprised fix-a-flat is the number one answer because I'd always thought it was the single best repair tool to have in your car. No jacking the car up and changing the tire, if it works, and I'd always thought it works fine for any nail-type puncture, right? Right??

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Turbo Fondant posted:

Take a jug of ammonia floor/surface cleaner, mix it 50/50 with ice cream, add a tube or two of glue, dump it in your dryer lint bin, mix it around and dump it on your head. That's what fixing a gooped tire is like.
It also soaks into the inner liner of the tire and messes with patch adhesion.

I read the first sentence as instructions on how to remove the goop and my reaction went from "oh hey, one weird trick!" to "a weird trick".

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

I know the straight six isn't really that underused, but it's definitely the engine I want used more, and it's certainly become less common.

Right, it being not that underused is what kept me from picking it, but in retrospect it's obvious as a popular choice.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maybe it's because I've been reading the Aubrey Maturin novels, but "Corvette" is an elegant, evocative name, recognized across 70 years of cultural impact, and y'all sleeping on it just because it's so prevalent :c00lbert:

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm really curious what people said for these; for the first there's many different arguments to be made and for the second gently caress if I know, wouldn't it matter how big your vehicle is??

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I went with the 911 over something like a Viper or Hellcat because, even if you're saying "what is the best ICE car", it's still the whole car, not the engine. For example, ICE cars also allow for manual transmissions, and that's going to be as much of my criteria as the engine. And the suspension. And the aesthetic.

I actually barely know anything about the 911 but I vaguely understand it's a legendary "driver's car".

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Fffffff, why didn't I think of back up cameras!? I love those things!

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Shouldn't "Automatic Emergency Braking" be sheep'd in with " Active Safety Features"?

Also, is the Volvo 240 actually bad? Was it bad 15 years ago or is it now just far too old?

Lots of wolfs on worst car suggested, lotta bad cars out there.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
A great sheep game for what I hope will be a great new year; thank you so much for running it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

bigbillystyle posted:

I don't know how I've missed this before but hopefully catch next year's too. Somebody had "advertised" it was up in, I think, the Terrible car stuff thread and that is how I found it so def post it around in some of the mega threads to catch more people. I don't know if you've done that in the past and I just plain missed it but again I hope to catch it next year too.

I know I wouldn't complain if I received an email about the next sheep game.

Edit: Rated 5, a thing I never do or think about, good idea!