Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Oh, I'm so in on this. And I've been keylogging all of you so I'm gonna be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

sharkytm posted:

The J-body was way worse than the cruiser.

Indeed. At least PT Cruisers fall apart and end up in a junk yard. J-bodies keep running just well enough to not scrap them. Pretty much forever. They're a curse.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This is gonna be hilarious if that turns out to be true

Pretty sure that's exactly what I answered.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

IOwnCalculus posted:

Slime at least seems vaguely useful in some scenarios. I have never understood where the hell a loving seatbelt cutter or window breaker is actually going to be of any good use.

I'm also impressed at how evenly split the first two answers are on these questions. I don't recall that happening this often in prior games.

Please tell me you misread the question because :psyduck:

I have no idea what I was thinking. I was speed-answering questions when the game was first announced because I knew I'd totally forget if I didn't do it RIGHT THEN.

Bajaha posted:

I've also heard it's an absolute mess when you have to go change the tire after using one. A tire repair kit is a must have for a long trip, but for dailying I see it being not all that useful.

Yeah, always tell the shop if there's slime in a tire - and be ready to tip well and buy a new tire. It makes a mess of the machine (and the tech running it) and patches don't adhere properly anymore. Slime should be a latch ditch effort in car tires. Works great for little poo poo like lawn stuff (carts, generators, pressure washers, etc) but don't use it in an actual car unless you have absolutely no other choice to get to somewhere safe.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Charles posted:

Window hammers seem useful after watching that episode of Mythbusters where they tried to kick out a window and found it really difficult.

The situation where you might need to get out that way seems unlikely though, but I dunno, maybe somebody who has more experience with car crashes could chime in :P

They're useless unless you can GET AT THEM, which means having it mounted within reach, which nobody does.

I carry a spring loaded centerpunch/seatbelt cutter in my FD gear and in my center console but that's like...for other people's benefit. If I was really worried about being stuck in a car I'd have one mounted above the door like you find in a lot of heavy equipment.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Turbo Fondant posted:

idk, it seems like a situation where all of my vehicle's latches and window regulators are compromised but none of my glass is already broken to be a bit of a stretch. (y'all can put that on my headstone if I'm wrong lol)

It is a bit of a stretch. I've only used these things rescuing OTHER people because doors are locked, crushed, etc and you need access to the patient NOW. If you have to break the glass where your patient is sitting/where you are sitting be ready for a lot of collateral damage. Side glass turns into a million tiny and very sharp pieces.

In fact if you're swinging at side glass with a hammer or whatever or even using a center punch, you need to know how to do it properly or you'll put your hand through there and end up bloody. You need to brace your forearm on the body of the car and come at a corner so your swing/hand stops rather than going through the opening. That's pretty much vehicle rescue class day 1 stuff, but most people don't do that kind of things so they never learn.

Not like it's common anymore, but way back in the day we were taught to make a field expedient window breaker with the FM antenna of a car. Bend it in half and flick at at the window.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

And to be clear, I don't think the Miata actually is the pinnacle of ICE, I just thought that's what everyone else would answer. The correct answer is in the back of a 997 911 GT3RSR, the last and greatest 4.0 Mezger.

Also, the largest correct wheel size is 22.5.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is the Murano convertible even made in Japan? It feels like it would be a very sad sight to see a ton of those nightmares on the docks.

I'm pretty sure it was not, which is why I want to call bullshit. I spent about 5 seconds googling and didn't find it, but it was an upfitter in like the UK or something that was doing that on behalf of Nissan.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KillHour posted:

It's still a Japanese car since it's a Japanese company that makes it. The Italian one actually specified made in Italy.

FINE. I can still be very mad about this.

(I'm not, sheep game is awesome)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

The rust is legendary, but nothing Italian ever warranted this:

Stop mocking me. I can't help that I'm in an abusive relationship with multiple rovers.