Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I sent my Sheep Game answers twice because the first time I didn't delete the questions from the end of the email.

I love the sheep game shenanigans :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jack B Nimble posted:

In all seriousness, I'm only a car dabler so I spent a half hour giving these questions a good think and even googling some basics on the subject if it was totally out of my wheelhouse. These are good questions!
Perfect. Even people who pay way too much attention to cars are in the same place as you. These questions are tough, and it's not about getting the correct answer so much as it getting the most popular answer.

Miata is always the answer.

Edit: lol I checked my email and yes I did have Miata as one of my answers.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 22, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

AFewBricksShy posted:

The sec going after a small company is way less interesting than a guy getting set up for trafficking cocaine by the dea.
Yeah, the thing where the tooling for the DMC was dumped in the ocean is wild.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

StormDrain posted:

LMAO at Moon Buggy.
Now I'm gonna look up if there was any video of Earth-side testing of it.

Just bopping along the desert in full astronaut battle rattle in a bespoke performance electric vehicle.

Yeeeesssss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26oQ3m5EHrg

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 25, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Charles posted:

Elon Musk is a good choice, but in terms of history, I knew some were kinda Nazis, so it was a toss up between Henry Ford (anti-Semite) and Alfred Sloan (who arguably did business that enabled Nazi Germany's rise).

While scrolling past the intro I went "yeah gently caress Henry Ford, that was my answer... DAMMIT ALSO gently caress MUSK"

Thomas Midgley Jr is a solid answer.

Best Ace on the "useless tool when your car breaks down" is Freelop with the 10mm socket.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 26, 2021

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Motronic posted:

They're useless unless you can GET AT THEM, which means having it mounted within reach, which nobody does.

I carry a spring loaded centerpunch/seatbelt cutter in my FD gear and in my center console but that's like...for other people's benefit. If I was really worried about being stuck in a car I'd have one mounted above the door like you find in a lot of heavy equipment.

I have a TACTICOOL BLACK STEEL flashlight that can easily break glass and is also a flashlight which means I get to use one of its functions all the time.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Humphreys posted:

LOL Cat Interceptor's race to the bottom.
Aces are the best part of this game.

I remember a few years ago there was a question that was about two cars that look exactly alike but they were made by different companies without any collaboration between the companies. Everybody aced except for 2 people who chose the Toyota 86 and the Subaru BRZ, the Toyobaru, a car made by collaboration.

That's why I'm excited about the Italian car question in this round.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

InitialDave posted:

I know the straight six isn't really that underused, but it's definitely the engine I want used more, and it's certainly become less common.
The straight six or inline six is used in heavy diesel engines all the time. For gas engines the last great straight 6 was the Jeep 4.0 and those are still running on sawdust and the concept of maintenance.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ok that's a good answer and I'm kicking myself I didn't think of it.

No one thought of DAYTOOONAAA

AFewBricksShy posted:

Indeed. How am I the only one who picked the Alfa disco volante?
Also :lol: at all of the fellow Countach lovers. We’re all old.
I now have enough cash to buy a used Countach.

I do not have the legs and back to properly fit myself into a Countach.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fermented Tinal posted:

Another year, another mid-pack finish. :smug:
Sometimes :mediocre: is the way to go.

Thanks for the game MrChips!