Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Crazy Achmed posted:

Well, that escalated quickly. Not just going from a spot of murder abovedecks to a freakin' giant squad attacking the ship, but also from having a couple of memories that can be completely or mostly solved in a self-contained manner to having you take a whirlwind tour through about, what, five or ten different scenes and several time periods without being able to jot down much more than a handful of obvious causes of death.
Like, I don't want to rag on the game without actually playing it myself, but my feeble mind is having a really hard time keeping up with what's going on. It feels like we go into a memory, then before we're even done looking at everyone in it, let alone speculating much as to who everyone is, we get dragged into another one.

Or am I overthinking it and is this how we're meant to play the game? Just go with the flow, start wide and shallow and activate as many memories/scenes as possible early on, so we can sit down and revisit them later via the book in a more planned and systematic manner?
You're overthinking it. The opening segment is basically the game showing you the level select - it gives you immediate access to a bunch of the time periods and lets you explore each of them at your leisure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Mraagvpeine posted:

When I first saw the crab, I was surprised, but when I got a closer look and saw there was something riding it, my mind was blown.

Giant enemy crabs are one thing. They're threatening, but you can just hit their weakpoint for massive damage. Crab cavalry, though, hoo boy. That's way worse.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

cant cook creole bream posted:

I gotta admit, I swapped those around. But to be perfectly honest, I just didn't assume that a black American in 1803 would have managed to get the superior position. That did feel like a reasonable, if wrong, conclusion. Winston is kind of a badass.
He's a man so badass he beat 19th century racism.