Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
post here if you're putting a billion xmas lights, an inflating santa, and some ugly rear end light up scultpure things.

quote this post if yr gonna get drunk & on a tall ladder

LEAVE this thread if you plug your lights into a rasberry pie controller or some fail rear end "engineer" poo poo. YOSPOS rear end mf................

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the ornaments that you have to unscrew a Christmas light for and then plug in rule

they light up or play songs if you push a little button on them

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

the ornaments that you have to unscrew a Christmas light for and then plug in rule

they light up or play songs if you push a little button on them

what the hell is this ???

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

what the hell is this ???

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

dont understand. seems weird tho

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol i had forgotten about this tweet

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

dont understand. seems weird tho

it's a toy you put on your Christmas tree

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Smythe posted:

quote this post if yr gonna get drunk & on a tall ladder

trevor moore...;_;

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
loving idiots don't they know the three wise men can't find the star to give gifts to baby jesus if there's too much light pollution

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

T-Paine posted:

trevor moore...;_;

:(

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

so the if x in xmas is short for christ this has strange implications for beloved comic staples the x-men

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Mr. Sharps posted:

so the if x in xmas is short for christ this has strange implications for beloved comic staples the x-men

it's a chi, not an x

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the dude who syncs his christmas lights to music is still at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylQnK8kE8Tw

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I am, but one thing I am doing this year is putting up strips of exterior addressable RGBs

not only will I be able to do my own terrible syncing to All I Want For Christmas Is You to torture my neighbors*, I can then just leave the poo poo up, rainbow for pride month, orange for halloween, etc, just be lazy as gently caress and RGBGlorious

*nearest neighbor is a quarter mile away, 90 years old and probably has -40db hearing thresholds so I'd have to really, really, REALLY blast it.

also who am I kidding, it will be rainbow at all times of the year not Christmas or Halloween, just like all the other god drat RGBs in this place

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I don't celebrate Christmas because I'm a leftist op

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
war on christmas hell yeah

these days if you say merry christmas you get arrested and thrown in jail

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Putting up a bunch of icicle type lights, it's gonna be sweet. Using plain white lights instead of gauche multicolored ones but still with a sparkly effect. Classy as gently caress. Starting off with 700 but I doubt it'll be enough

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
all tghe light I need is right here

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

Dustcat posted:

it's a chi, not an x

dude chi-men is not the preferred nomenclature

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fleetwood posted:

interestingly, this says nothing about women actually making the decisions

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

bedpan posted:

interestingly, this says nothing about women actually making the decisions
Ruthless

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I've put enough lights on the house you can see it from space, and it's still less wasteful than minting a single NFT

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5BETb-hLgA

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
put up about 3k twinkly multicolor string lights and 2x inflatable things, a santa and what is apparently a gay dog. its a dog in a rainbow sweater. only bought it kuz it was the best size:money ratio, didnt realize it was gay until i took it home wow thats homophobia in retail isnt it. anyways theyre all wrapped around palm trees and look boss. i need another 1k lights i think. :retrogames:

as usual they are on my epic tplink smart plugs for effortless scheduling. wow.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fleetwood posted:

lol ye. sukken on mah deeyock lmfao. bitch. :w00t:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've put enough lights on the house you can see it from space, and it's still less wasteful than minting a single NFT

this is my poo poo bro. MOAR POWER

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Smythe posted:

put up about 3k twinkly multicolor string lights and 2x inflatable things, a santa and what is apparently a gay dog. its a dog in a rainbow sweater. only bought it kuz it was the best size:money ratio, didnt realize it was gay until i took it home wow thats homophobia in retail isnt it. anyways theyre all wrapped around palm trees and look boss. i need another 1k lights i think. :retrogames:

no speaker to play music outside??

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Smythe posted:

post the gay dog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

post the gay dog

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Victory Position posted:

no speaker to play music outside??

don’t want to subject my apartment fellows to that degree of torture

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
thats a dope rear end gay dog

the lights that are embedded on our fake tree didnt work (fuses seemed okay??) and would have taken like 4 hours to replace each bulb so we bought a real tree for the first time in like 10 years

it smells good but lol already getting needles all over the carpet and it was also $$$. i should just go cut my own tree next year

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

thats a dope rear end gay dog

the lights that are embedded on our fake tree didnt work (fuses seemed okay??) and would have taken like 4 hours to replace each bulb so we bought a real tree for the first time in like 10 years

it smells good but lol already getting needles all over the carpet and it was also $$$. i should just go cut my own tree next year

grats on the tree enjoy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it’s also night 1 of Hanukkah so we lit the candelabras

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

it’s also night 1 of Hanukkah so we lit the candelabras
heck ya

i lit a cheap target menorah (such a good deal on it! you couldn't not buy it!) and made kugel. it was good

gunna make some matzoh soup tomorrow

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yellowcar posted:

the dude who syncs his christmas lights to music is still at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylQnK8kE8Tw

finally watched this lol. gasped when the moving spots on the roof went on. this guy has gotten seriously enterprise grade lol.

edit: he does this for a living after all. bastard.

Smythe has issued a correction as of 08:10 on Nov 29, 2021

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
would be less glamorous to see the big rear end truck with poo poo from their corporate warehouse and 10 iatse electricians installing the show lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

heck ya

i lit a cheap target menorah (such a good deal on it! you couldn't not buy it!) and made kugel. it was good

gunna make some matzoh soup tomorrow

sounds like a feast bro drat I’m jealous

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i had ordered some poo poo from best buy and its like "get it by hanukkah" and i was like wow.. interesting. but when i looked up the date what they meant is before hanukkah ends lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

hell yeah. love the dog