Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It didn't end up as a Homer Bowling Ball situation, but I think it was kinda intended to be.

When I was about 6 or 7, my dad asked me if I wanted a Nintendo. Because this lined up with being the early days of an NES and because we didn't have Atari or knew anyone who did, I didn't know what video games were and I certainly had never heard of Nintendo. He may have explained it to me. I don't remember that part, but that dad was excited about this thing and, thus, I was excited and wanted this thing too. Soon after, said Nintendo was purchased.

Dad was really into it for a couple of years. I'm positive he was the first in the family to defeat Super Mario Bros. and got all the way to Mike Tyson in that game. That faded soon after and all the game purchases were for me. He bought a Genesis later, but I can't remember him even attempting any of the games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bargearse posted:

I used to really hate getting socks and underwear for Christmas, now I love it because it’s one less thing I have to worry about.

I actually label it the Socks and Underwear Threshhold. You truly reach adulthood when you go from: Socks and underwear? to Socks and underwear!

I have requested socks for Christmas this year.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

You don't give someone else's child a drum set by accident. You got owned.

Only way to get back at him is by giving his child a toy trumpet for their birthday

A child was given this during a family holiday party (wasn't from me)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

My mother gave me a wallet.

Immediately upon opening it, she told me that if I didn't want it, she could use it. I have a good wallet. I have never mentioned being satisfied or dissatisfied with it. I probably have not mentioned wallets at all since buying the one I currently use last year.

She now has the wallet she bought me for Christmas.

I do say, though, that's only borderline a Homer bowling ball and more her being just horrible at giving gifts. I'm an only child and yet the only interests of mine she remembers are interests I had 20 years ago.