Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
A friend have my sister a plastic Halloween bucket of Dollar Store poo poo. I remember police tape, a fuzzy pen that didn't work and some disposable chopsticks. She then said, "Oh, I bought those for myself." and took back the chopsticks.

My sister thought it was so low effort it became hysterical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Bloop posted:

A handmade thing that was very thoughtful but goddamn terrible so it created an extremely awkward set of social circumstances

I still think decades later that it may have been a test

I respectfully request elaboration.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Bloop posted:

Handmade gift intended to be displayed and used, sort of a corkboard/ stuff holder situation. Made by the person who was essentially my first SO. It was horribly ugly but it was obvious that a lot of, if not effort or skill, at least time went into it.

I had to display it and use it because anything else would obviously be relationship suicide. I always suspected for some reason that there was a chance that it was bad ON PURPOSE to see how I would react, to see if I would be nice about it or not, you know? Probably not I guess, but I thought so even then and I guess I will never know for sure.

Definitely not a Homer Bowling Ball situation with a gift for themselves, but a stressful gift to receive

It's always a nightmare to get a display piece that's extremely bad/not your taste. You done good, either way.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I brought a raccoon skull (from an oddities shop) to a work White Elephant with a coworker in mind. The person who opened it looked confused as all gently caress, then a different coworker ended up stealing it.

Same thing happened when I brought in a fish fossil to a different White Elephant. I don't know who could dislike a fish fossil, but the opener sure did.

If you work at me, there gonna be bones and rocks at your WE.