Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
its good for sports shenanigans but i have gone off social media and am better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if your industry is niche and word gets out it could be far more trouble than it's worth in addition to the practical considerations

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

RIP Paul Walker posted:

My anger is a bit up there.

Someone apparently came into my apartment building's parking garage and torched some motherfucking cars.

People are scum.

that sucks, but it's a garage, right? are there cameras?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I actually thought about the SA RX-7 as an EV but part of the joy is the light weight. You're getting rid of the powertrain but I feel like an EV powertrain is going to be heavier. The Gen Leaf battery (just as a reference point) is about 1/3 of the total all up kerb weight of a SA. Granted, you could use a smaller battery but the Leaf isn't exactly long legged.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Powershift posted:

The advantage of starting with a light car though is that you need fewer batteries to move everything that's not a battery. I would imagine much of the fun lost through overall weight gain could be clawed back thanks to center of gravity.

My issue outside of cost is the need for battery conditioning with our -40 weather and all the fun roads being 3 hours away.

I also live in a city and don't have a place to plug it in or a place to actually work on it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Rhyno, not sure if this has any value whatsoever but some dumb idiot on a dead gay comedy forum cares about you and what you're going through

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

tinned owl posted:

Wife and I had moderna boosters today, she had hers at 10:00 and said it was amazingly quick so when I had mine at 14:00 I timed it, walking in to walking out the building was literally sub-3 minutes :rice:

gonna try to pop in and get mine today

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

got the boostu yesterday, feeling ok today, just a little draggy

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

its a hivemind indicator

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

laptop thread in SHSC will help you but probably gently used Lenovo enterprise laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

NoWake posted:

I don't frequent the BFC section of these fine forums but I just gotta vent about my poo poo-rear end company - this winter to pinch pennies on low order volume (not unexpected - we sell material for RR track construction so it's historically slow every winter) the owner is making all us salaried employees go hourly or use vacation time for two weeks while he shuts the company down. Hourly employees can go pound the pavement for their Christmas bonus, and I sincerely don't expect many to return in January.

I wrote an email to my direct boss and the controller, copying the owner, asking "even if it's because of operational reasons, shouldn't there be something we sign to switch between overtime-exempt & hourly, describing what's happening and for how long and that both parties agree to it?"

15 minutes later I get a call from the controller saying they'll have a sit-down with me to discuss my pay schedule and that I'll likely go hourly permanently.

Okay. Gonna be cool when I'm out at a site 12hrs/day or whatever. Planning to put a big raise demand in too, as long as we're renegotiating my employment contract. I've been there 8 years, currently making $32/hr, no pension or retirement, I pay $260/mo toward the company healthcare plan for one single person, and averaging $1,500/year in bonuses.

Gonna put down I'll need $40/hr to go hourly, on the basis that I need to protect my only source of income. What's to say they don't take me down to 32hr/week to pinch pennies when they decide the business is about to go under again? (and we won't - after labor & overhead, we clear ~1.5 million in profit off of ~8.5 million in revenue per year, and we have been steady like a metronome for 20 years) $32 * 40 is the same as $40 * 32.

If they balk, I walk. gently caress em. This part of me is now happy am sitting on 6 months of living expenses and I didn't throw Stage II money at a car I barely drive anymore.

e: not gonna delete my post but gonna also say I understand I've been blessed to have a job that pays as much as it does and blessed to be able to support myself and have money in savings, and in reality my drama is sooooo miniscule its ridiculous I even posted what I did. Happy Holidays to you all, and those in your lives, be merry and well.

also you should post in BFC because the people are nice and smart