Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

forkboy84 posted:

There is no stress. It's a bad song & I don't listen to bad songs, only good songs, like this

I never got the whole "this is hard to avoid" thing. Just never go out without headphones in. Easy. Free advice. Of course, could have left that at "never go out" but that might be a little too Goon.

It's the pandemic, now it's just responsible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sanity cannot go negative, what would that even look like.

Hm.

... carry on, then.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Albinator posted:

A calming landscape of disintegrated brains lorded over by a sinister figure in a dressing gown, apparently.

I was more thinking "a country saying they've got world-class beaches while pouring sewage on them".

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

crispix posted:

SMELL MY CHEESE YOU MOTHER :mad:

You're assuming he was able to smell at the time.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Spangly A posted:

Im going to be the guy that reread the lovely dumb article and restated the incredibly obvious rebuttal to the lab leak theory: there is literally no evidence for it presented in the article, and the null hypothesis of any virus is always natural origin because that is how viruses work

the entire argument is "an autistic man is upset that "prove the negative" is not how science works".

:raise:

Why that phrasing?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

forkboy84 posted:

Iain M Banks chat is next due in February 2023. But if you hang around, we can do some JK Rowling chat just for you, as a treat

You're an affront.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I hate looking for a new phone. Why on earth does anyone need FOUR cameras on one phone?

Four lovely sensors are cheaper than one good sensor, and the results require a trained eye to differentiate.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

Some sort of hindu god, or the guy from mortal kombat.

You can keep them charged without being a lightning god, just use a power bank with multiple outputs, geez.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

big scary monsters posted:

I like to think of the War on Christmas as an eternal fight where every year on December 25th* the Avatar of Christmas is symbolically defeated and has to go back to its shadowy nether realm**, ready to return late the next year to battle it all out again.

*in the UK. Victory in Europe can be anywhere from December 6th to early January depending on country.

**Finland, since Santa canonically lives in Rovaniemi.

... that's getting a cultural reference impressively wrong.

According to Finnish tradition, Santa lives on Korvatunturi, ever guarding the eastern border. Rovaniemi is a tourist trap full of the worst gammons, according to people who have had the misfortune of living there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

big scary monsters posted:

I'm sorry, but I've been to the Rovaniemi Christmas village and they quite explicitly say that they have the real and genuine Santa Claus there. I chose not to meet him, though.

I have bad news about your salt content.