Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Now is the winter of our dissed content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

We're one step closer to abolishing video games once and for all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's Solar Ash coming out tomorrow and the very pretentiously titled Chorvs the day after.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's on Playstation and the Epic Store.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Demon Gay Sex-tra

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Technically most of the Streets of Rage cast are cops but they beat up the bad ones so it's okay.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Someone will first have to definitively conclude that a video game came out in 2021.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's an odd coincidence that I just so happened to rewatch a whole Xenosaga retrospective immediately prior to playing Chorus because the central premise is very similar, haha.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Today I finished CHORVS. Overall, I really enjoyed this game despite it seemingly coming out of nowhere. Very nice surprise.

So far in 2021 I have completed:

- Trials of Mana Remake
- Foregone
- Resident Evil Village
- Guilty Gear Strive
- Streets of Rage 4: Mr. X Nightmare (DLC)
- 12 Minutes
- Road 96
- Lake
- Life is Strange: True Colors
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Life is Strange: Wavelengths (DLC)
- The Forgotten City
- Blue Reflection: Second Light
- Chorus

Up Next: Solar Ash maybe???

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Suggest a better one

Now is the winter of our dissed content

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Play posted:

Could you tell me, with spoilers if necessary, how close I am to the end? I'm just about to do the battle where they reset the dish to shoot energy and make a door into the rift.

Hoping there's still a decent amount of game left?

That's in the 3rd area right? Quite a bit of game left after that. The whole campaign took me 17 hours to beat, doing almost all of the sidequests and optional activities.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Play posted:

Yeah, I think it is. I've been doing every single sidequest I could and I think I've gotten them all. Probably haven't though.

How many areas are there total?

There are 5 systems you can warp to but only 3 are major hub areas (Stega Central, Amarok, Nimmika)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Pretty sure last year's GOTY thread was already up by this time..

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Muscle Tracer posted:

is CHORVS a HOTAS kinda game, a controller kinda game, or a KB+M kinda game?

It's an arcadey space shooter similar to Rogue Squadron, designed to be played with a controller.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's GOTY not GOTYPJ.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Who will be watching DA GAME AWARDS tonight. I am hoping for Hellblade 2 gameplay, TMNT release date, and RE8 DLC announcement.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It's on the same farm with the Xenosaga remasters and Legacy of Kain reboot where they get to play and have fun all day together.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Oh look Tunic finally got a release date, I thought that game was never going to come out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

Oh poo poo, it’s actually made by the Life Is Strange (the newer games) people.

I saw Deck Nine's logo at the bottom. I know they'd been working on another project, but I'm not sure what their relation is with reconstituted Telltale. Maybe some kind of joint thing?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

I thought neo-Telltale was basically just a company in name only, so they’re probably just commissioning Deck Nine to do it.

Yeah that's cool I guess, don't know much about The Expanse but Deck Nine does good work so I'm happy they're branching out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

THE POWER OF VIDEO GAMES

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

hatty posted:

Is Kena actually considered an Indie game these days?

Ember Lab are an independent studio, so yes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

2019: Good news guys, the Star Wars license has finally been wrested from the greedy hands of EA.

2021:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alan Wake 2 babyyyyyyy

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Can lil dickie just go away already.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Okay that was good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I have to catch up on Threespoken first.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Plague Tale 2 looking really dang good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Imagine Dragons? I prefer not to, that's why I play video games instead.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If I was going for an EZ Game Award, it'd totally be for best accessibility features. Just create a menu with hundreds of options, no actual game needed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Star Trek game was all ex-Telltale people, not the reformed company itself.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Looking forward to playing Hellblade 2 and Plague Tale 2 day one on Gamepass. M$ stays winnin' :smugdog:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Speaking of bullying Rarity, when is that GOTY thread gonna come out? People will be traveling for the holidays, they need time now to post their lists!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I figured Lake might eventually make it to Gamepass, it's the kind of chill normcore indie game that you'd play for a few hours but nobody besides me would actually want to buy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It seems a huge missed opportunity, in retrospect, that Soulja Boy did not "crank that" with his own home console.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Very bold of you to assume that I read the OP.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Making numbers go up by irregular intervals and percentages, now that's good gamin'

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

My GotY list has a healthy balance of games from all around the world! i.e. america / europe / japan, the only places games are made

Good news, all your favorite games are outsourced to Malaysia and Singapore too!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you're eating bread at a rate where you even need to worry about them going stale or moldy, the clear solution is to eat more bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Resident Evil movies are all pretty bad, but not even in a way that's recognizable as Resident Evil most of the time. That has very little to do with Milla Jovovich though, her 90s album was hella good.