Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Can this also be the cod megathread, where we talk about how cod is a pretty okay type of fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm back from falling down the Endwalker hole.

I really didn't want to have to put an MMO expansion on my GOTY list this year but I guess that's what's happening.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Endwalker was really great and I still can't stop thinking about it. It's got some pretty wild pacing issues but poo poo, I like Persona 5, and even FFXIV has a hard time beating that one for pacing issues. Other than that it gave me everything I wanted and a whole lot more.

It kind of rules that Square Enix took the opportunity with FFXIV to essentially treat an MMORPG like a long-running serialized Final Fantasy TV series, complete with an actual series finale. Wonder if there'll be a time skip before the sequel series.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

can't believe the critically acclaimed MMORPG meme backfired :negative:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does Endwalker have a vocal track?

Multiple

One of them is in the CG trailer/opening cinematic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z5yDIWJZWc

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Even during my Endwalker marathons I took the time to shower and make good food, I just always set a timer so I'd go back to the keyboard and walk around a bit to avoid getting logged out :v:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Streamers are just entertainers like any other kind of entertainer. They stream video games and chat the same way, like, a sports radio host discusses sports and chats for a few hours on the radio every day. I don't really watch any streamers either but, eh, just another way to be an entertainer with an audience.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Khanstant posted:

ff7r cracked. you think there will be meaningful continuation between games or your save? I kind of assume systems and mechanics will change between versions, plus not wanting to alienate potential players who haven't done the previous games, that it might be kind of a "fresh start" situation each iteration. just trying to think if ill regret not waiting to have it officially in steam or if i can just buy it later but play it now and not sweat it.

My bet is fresh start each iteration, possibly with a small bonus (a few items, decent early-game gear, maybe some gil) for importing a save.

The only thing I can't predict is whether they'll just have a fresh start without even acknowledging it, or whether each game will start with everyone losing all their materia like Samus losing her upgrades at the start of every Metroid game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Can't Yuffie steal all your materia in the original game? Maybe that's how part 2 will open.

Part 3 is gonna open with Cloud gambling it all away at the Gold Saucer.

Yeah people have been betting that part 2 will start with Yuffie stealing all your stuff for a while now. That'd be a pretty funny way to do it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Any advice for making veggie and/or fruit shakes? Small thing I wanted to help my mom with as she's going to have a rough time in the next few months.

The major thing I'd recommend is to make sure there's enough liquid for your blender to work with. Especially if you're working with frozen fruit, your blender might have trouble chewing it all up without enough liquid (orange juice is good) to make everything flow nicely.

If you're trying to make a healthy smoothie with some veggies in it, you can usually get away with throwing a handful or two of spinach into a fruit-heavy smoothie. It won't affect the flavor that much and most supermarket spinach is tender enough that it'll blend up more smoothly than something like kale would in your average blender.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think people overthink the FF7 Remake "how will they handle the fact that you already have -aga spells and ultimate weapons?" thing. Tons of game series don't carry your equipment and powers between games, with or without acknowledgment, and it's never a big deal. I realize it's different because FF7R is a remake of one game turned into a game series so I can understand people finding it more jarring that you have -aga spells before you leave Midgar, but if you think of it as a series of games instead of one game, it seems pretty simple to just reset progress with each game without much issue.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

homeless snail posted:

the part in endwalker where you hang out with the race of demigods that are drunk on their own limitless power, but also incredibly bored of it, is good stuff. going to the zoo and theyre like "yeah there was a fad awhile back where we gave all the animals wings. over there is muscle shark, also he can fly". then in the raid you go to the Bad Zoo for animal concepts too dangerous to live on earth and the zookeeper walks in "yeah i turned myself into a dracula, pretty cool right? I invented it."

Y'know I didn't really expect it but I love that Endwalker leaned into just being really, really fun

Obviously it has emotional moments and lots of drama and tension but so much of Endwalker is just about pure, raw hype and also just really funny and fun concepts like these.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I didn't stick with Elder Scrolls Online for long but I did play for a while a couple years ago. I played through the whole Morrowind expansion story and it was surprisingly good. Did some pretty clever things for an MMO story, and it was fun to see a prequel to Morrowind like that. I'll probably play more at some point, it's a pretty fun game in ways that surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ever since I first heard it, the term "burly brawl" has been seared into my brain. I don't think I've even seen The Matrix Reloaded. I don't even know how burly that brawl is.