Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I want you all to know that I've beaten 13 Sentinels and that's a good-rear end game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I'm probably doing way too many RPGs this month, bought Operencia: The Stolen Sun for 9$ and also I've been playing Atelier Ryza. Plus, I'm planning on doing a 4 person co-op Tales of Berseria playthrough with 3 friends of mine. We'll see if we can actually do it regularly enough to finish, but here's hoping!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Link to the Past is in fact great! For a long time it was my favorite Zelda, just because I really didn't like the 3D Zeldas anywhere near as much.

Nowadays I think I have to throw my hat in for OoT Randomizer. Bit of a cheat I guess, because it's not really an official Zelda game, but OoT lends itself to randomization so incredibly well. Better than pretty much any other game, really.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Zelda Randomizers do require knowing the game inside and out, plus you might need to know some weird tricks that you'll never run into in a regular game. Things like using hover boots to get past longshot checks, or the magic cape to sneak into Agahnim's Tower without the master sword.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Ah man now I'm jonesing for a randomizer

I might have to run one in december

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rarity posted:

- Open world Sonic???

Low key kind of excited for this, think it'll give us an opportunity to really, truly go fast

Though modern Sonic is uh, well, a real mixed bag so we'll see

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I prefer the Triple-Q version of that song, personally

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's probably not in the top 10 but XCOM 2 made people pretty horny for snake titties

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I spent a good portion tonight playing Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh

This game...kinda blows! I'm having fun with it because the FMVs are poorly acted and it's a great time making fun of it. Actually playing it is awful though, this game is the biggest tangled mess of event flags without really any puzzles

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We already hit "-aga" spells... even if they bust out "aja" where do you go from there

Part 2 is gonna start with Yuffie stealing all your materia so you'll have to start over from the beginning

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Let's just have like, the Power Rangers fighting game except it's all different versions of Spider-Man

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Overall I think Siralim 2 has alright writing, but Torun is just terrible. Think he's supposed to be a joke but his writing is just...not funny at all.

Luckily there aren't many other characters that are as bad as him.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Feliday Melody posted:

Whoops.

A friend had a game in the mid 90s where you were some dark lord in a tower and you tormented the nearby towns or something. You could do experiments to create new combat units for your dark army and one was the ability to merge units in your lab to make new units.

I don't remember the name, but it looked badass at the time.

Probably not that game, but there was an early 2000s RTS game called Impossible Creatures, which was all about making weird chimeras out of ordinary critters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think my 2022 is gonna be the year of atlus, I got like 7 different Atlus RPGs off the 3DS eShop sale