Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It looks like, once I finish Night in the Woods, that my last game for the year (based on how many streams I have) will be Death Stranding PS5 directors cut edition.

Quite excited. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Would Poorly Lit Ghosts be Dark Souls?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

We're one step closer to abolishing video games once and for all.

As if I will lay down and accept this!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My favourite christmas movie is The Nice Guys. I really like that movie.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Iron Man 3 is the best Christmas movie

I also will agree with this. :) Certainly my favourite Marvel Movie.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
They have played us for fools.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Which month do you like to video game in the most?

I always think December because it is so cold out there and being all cosy inside wrapped up in jumpers and blankets with hot tea and cool gaming is awesome.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

VG rename this the Call of Duty Megathread, he'll never even think to check

Done!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

That's not what I meant! VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG! :argh:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My spotify wrapped was awesome and so me :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played nearly 6 hours of the Forgotten City yesterday and it whips so hard :)

My unbroken run of great games continues!! 2021!!! The best!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This is my favourite sunset in video games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-qBZKtG4TI

Banger of a tune.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think I have tried to play LoL once. It reminded me of an RTS for a bit. However it was only the tutorial and I did not want to go into a proper match because I was new and did not want to upset people.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Videogames, everytime I notice you are streaming and it's not Dishonored I am irrefutably upset

Dishonoured has been added to *spooky noises* The Square!

(I have divvied up all four quarters of 2022 into four squares and chucked the games I intend to play into each square and Dishonoured is in there. :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I might finish Jedi Fallen Order tonight. I have been on and off with the game for a while and I played a good few hours yesterday.,

Also got convinced to play Doom Eternal (after finding Doom 2016 a little dull in the back half and thinking the new ones are not for me) and have to say that it is more Quake than Doom and I am having a really good time. I am midway through it and using the super shotgun flaming meat hook judiciously! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

when it comes to the meat hook "judiciously" means "not enough"

Well there are so many other cool things to use that I cannot stick with just the one crutch. Plasma Blow Out, micro missles, blood punch, the whole extravaganza!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have just finished tentatively my rankings for the GOTY thread. :)

Very satisified with the ordering.

Also I wish you so well Rinkles.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Whizzing Wizard posted:

the thread title is a bit confusing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

VG I saw you were playing Forgotten City -- how are you finding it?

It is excellent! :D Many discussions about morality, ethics and Gods have taken place both in game and between myself, LVG and the stream :D More this evening and I am properly excited to see if I can figure out a few new things. I am glad I have chosen two shorter games for my last two of December as well!

(plus it did not feel right to play Death Stranding before MGS when I have them installed and ready to go. 2022 is going to be as chockful as this year.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
All the cool goons I like and know are gushing about FFXIV and it makes me want to experience the whole thing so most likely I am going to devote 2023 to an MMO. I am absolutely fine with this :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Kerrzhe posted:

why not 2022

2022 I have already pretty much configured. Q1 has FF8, Q2 has FF9 and Q3 has FFX. Once I get these under my belt I am fine with getting into an MMO.

I made a big square, quartered it up and put various games into each one. There are a lot of games to play before FFXIV but that is good because a lot of them are:

FF8-10, Elden Ring, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Metal Gear Solids 1-4, Metal Rising Revengeance, Suikoden, Death Stranding, Dragons Dogma, BB & DS1-3 again (Not counting anything released that I decide I must play, like Horizon 2 and Dad of War 2).

2022 is STACKED. It is going to be one of those years where I FINALLY get round to a lot of seriously old classics and not just regular classics. :)

Rarity posted:

Brb drawing up a schedule for VG's next 5 years of video gaming

Please! I thrive with a schedule, 23 games completed this year on stream and 7 on my own time! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Veeg can you stream from your PC or are you limited to console games? :thunkher:

I can! and I can stream from my PS3 and Switch now too thanks to the Elgato I got for my birthday :3:

homeless snail posted:

you wont regret playing all of those other ffs before ff14 anyway, especially if you get into side content

This was part of my plan. Get a bit of a grounding of Final Fantasys before I move onto the biggest one!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Ahhh gamechanger!

I will need to give this some thought

I am extremely intrigued by this...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I enjoy video games based on super heroes and comics featuring super heroes and movies featuring super heroes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Looper posted:

sounds like you should check out some sonic the hedgehog for the best of all three!

I actually really loved the Sonic movie, it was proper fun times. The sequel I will get to see in the cinema :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Reading rocks! Comics, books, menus, forum posts, all of it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

haveblue posted:

you clearly haven't reached the comics mega-crossover era yet

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
LVG bought power wash simulator for me yesterday. I lost a few hours to that.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot believe these posts I am seeing...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Mods rename me Crackson Biffklod.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just finished writing my basic GOTY thread post and my #1 is officially my second favourite game of all time ever after Portal 2.

I need to fully redo my top 30 taking into account this years 23 bangers.

Also:

Thank you :hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

VG THE CHAT THREAD IS BULLYING ME AGAIN :cry:

Rarity posted:

Ehh:

- Elden Ring looking exactly like Dark Souls with a fresh coat of paint slapped over it

Rarity posted:

Lady VG was right

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am getting the pink covers and the pink dualsense. Yes. :hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

A hearty rofl from me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Finished The Forgotten City today and it would have for sure made my goty list, if I hadn't got to the final ending which retroactively made the rest of the game worse

:prepop: What on earth? I must understand your reasoning why because I do not get it. I utterly loved it. Please tell me why in spoilers, please. I need to know.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Love that number 3 :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

VG is your kirby dabbing

Yes. With gleeful abandon.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been playing random games to finish the year from my ridiculously huge steam library and it turns out I REALLY dig Elder Scrolls Online.

I made an Orc called Orcleby and am having fun doing little missions and running about in Stros M'Kai. :)

Also tried a bit of My Time At Portia, but holy moly it stutters and slows down all over the place, which is a shame. I have a very decent PC so it just must be the game I think.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My first video game of 2022 will be Final Fantasy VIII and I am massively stoked about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I love that crazy game

I am extremely excited to be playing at least 6 jRPGs next year. Maybe more.