Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

So yeah, it's December.

Current events include a shooting in Michigan and a TV doctor running for the Senate in a state he doesn't live in.

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

There's also the matter of the battering ram they're taking against Roe v. Wade in the USSC today. There's a lot of live coverage I can't bring myself to watch.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This guy's thread has been a pretty solid source, but also, get a load of this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1466076071514812418

Holy poo poo, I absolutely cannot wait to move back to Canada now.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Hello December goodbye reproductive rights

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Handsome Ralph posted:

This guy's thread has been a pretty solid source, but also, get a load of this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/mjs_DC/status/1466076071514812418

Holy poo poo, I absolutely cannot wait to move back to Canada now.

I would like to say that this was surprising.

I also didn't think that the court would just "skip to the end" on this.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm going to discuss the sheer FOLLY of people closing old chat threads without linking to new chat threads.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Madurai posted:

There's also the matter of the battering ram they're taking against Roe v. Wade in the USSC today. There's a lot of live coverage I can't bring myself to watch.

Even though there's the whole "they've wanted to do this ever since it became legal precedent" thing at work, they *really* want to do it now so they can galvanize their base heading into the midterms. "Look what we accomplished even as the minority party!" :troll:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

A bit of older news, but still good vibes.

Rams, NFL agree to settle St. Louis lawsuit over team's relocation for $790 million

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports...17-7bd79d248e37

St Louis will never have an nfl again, but at least we got to gently caress up Stan Kroenke.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Post the link to the new thread in the old thread before closing it y'all dingi

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
gdi do you know how loving busy I am?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

McNally posted:

how goes those 12000 words

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

TheWeedNumber posted:

how goes those 12000 words

I've written about 6000

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

McNally posted:

Post link? Or find a neat musket fact? McNally has decent priorities.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1466116049967976454

it's heeeeeeeerrrreeee

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ASAPI posted:

I would like to say that this was surprising.

I also didn't think that the court would just "skip to the end" on this.

They've been able to use it as a way to motivate the base for a long time and they've figured out that their base is going to be motivated no matter what. All it'll take is a token "the libs are going to kill more babies if they get back in power" if their motivation starts to wane and they'll be good to go. I'll be super surprised if we don't end up with at least a 7-2 conservative court for the majority of the rest of our lives.

The right has won and the courts are a huge reason why that victory won't be going away any time soon.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How long till we see laws challenging the sale of contraceptives in general since they've not been shy about it being on the agenda

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

How long till we see laws challenging the sale of contraceptives in general since they've not been shy about it being on the agenda

Worth noting that attacking abortion is just an extension of Southern Conservatives protesting Segregation, they just found Abortion was more "Palatable"

https://twitter.com/owasow/status/1466100480791101446?s=20

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Taking GG seriously is folly, but this dude is so loving funny in how hard and when he will go to bat for his buddies.

https://twitter.com/elmeiloi/status/1466104758620631046?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR posted:

Worth noting that attacking abortion is just an extension of Southern Conservatives protesting Segregation, they just found Abortion was more "Palatable"

Oh yeah BJU vs the US was a huge case that barely gets mentioned in popular discourse

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Look I just want to know when it will be legal again to buy a Glock 17, be able to Form 1 (and paying the tax), and get to add a switch to it. :v:

Enough with this fetus hugging crap, let me get something that would make Chief Keef proud.

I'm kidding...but seriously if you take out Abortion the right is going to need a new crazy thing

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 1, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It'll just be open racism since we're pretty much in the end game now

mlmp08 posted:

Taking GG seriously is folly, but this dude is so loving funny in how hard and when he will go to bat for his buddies.

https://twitter.com/elmeiloi/status/1466104758620631046?s=21

I don't understand this conversation at all. Who is michael whoever

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So WTA announced it's suspending any matches or tournaments in the PRC now.

Can't wait to see the Tankie Whataboutism, PRC/Global Times/CTGN twitters bitch about this, and then they try and come up with their own PatrioticTennis Group. lol

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

seriously if you take out Abortion the right is going to need a new crazy thing

Hate to tell you friend. The rights shenanigans was never about abortion, or guns, or drugs, or terrorism.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defenestrategy posted:

Hate to tell you friend. The rights shenanigans was never about abortion, or guns, or drugs, or terrorism.

I know I'm just wondering what the next sham issue will be.

Oh in I'm pretty sure someone's lawyer didn't approve this news.

It seems he had his wife prepare him for this interview. You know just make poo poo up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Man, he really married a winner. God job, Alec, you found your soulmate.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Pictured: his attorney

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

CommieGIR posted:

As somebody who recently called Greenville SC home, my favorite BJU fact is that they didn’t allow interracial dating until after it became a big deal in the media when presidential candidate George W. Bush had an appearance there. In 2000.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh in I'm pretty sure someone's lawyer didn't approve this news.

It seems he had his wife prepare him for this interview. You know just make poo poo up.

boy i sure hate it when a gun i am not pointing at someone shoots all on its own. its a real drat mystery how things like this happen!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ded posted:

boy i sure hate it when a gun i am not pointing at someone shoots all on its own. its a real drat mystery how things like this happen!
I know, clearly it was the fault of those union people who didn't want to work on a lovely death trap, for a movie that probably will land on Tubi and Crackle.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hey, Tubi has some good classic movies!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

McNally posted:

I've written about 6000

nice, stay on it friend

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/saletan/status/1466047714949574657?t=u-kP-v0sLlXSWitC28OpMg&s=19

Had to have been a weird day. From reporting "hey, this variant seems weird" to everything worldwide on fire while her own patient caseload is still at the level of "hey doc, I feel a little funny".

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’ll have you know my friend does gently caress also say it to my face not online

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Planned Parenthood patient database got hacked.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/12/01/los-angeles-planned-parenthood-hack/

Seems real bad. Hopefully they were just trying to steal identities to do unployment fraud or whatever because the alternative uses for this are dark.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh I've got this one pegged already. Once the cultural feeling on the right is that babies aren't being murdered anymore it will be race- and class-coded worries about *those* people, you know the ones, welfare moms just cranking out the babies and taking *your* hard earned tax dollars. We need to do something about *those* people having too many babies. They're not good for the future of the nation, you see. Plus it's really better for them, they just don't understand it. *They* aren't smart and compassionate like *us*.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Looks like ransomware so relatively that’s less bad

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ugh.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

bird food bathtub posted:

Oh I've got this one pegged already. Once the cultural feeling on the right is that babies aren't being murdered anymore it will be race- and class-coded worries about *those* people, you know the ones, welfare moms just cranking out the babies and taking *your* hard earned tax dollars. We need to do something about *those* people having too many babies. They're not good for the future of the nation, you see. Plus it's really better for them, they just don't understand it. *They* aren't smart and compassionate like *us*.

It'll be the homeless. After they've all been "corralled," they'll go after the poor and we'll see formal debtor's prisons come back.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It'll be the homeless. After they've all been "corralled," they'll go after the poor and we'll see formal debtor's prisons come back.

The right always sells it as going after *those* people, but ends up punishing poor people in general regardless of color. But yeah I can definitely see further expansion of the prison 'work program' industry, especially if wage hike pressures continue.

If there's a shred of a silver lining it's that a total elimination of Roe might finally be enough of a fire to force Breyer out while there's still a chance to replace him :rubby: :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Terrifying Effigies posted:

If there's a shred of a silver lining it's that a total elimination of Roe might finally be enough of a fire to force Breyer out while there's still a chance to replace him :rubby: :smithicide:

Manchin would vote against anyone worth putting up. I don't even need special future seeing glasses to know Breyer won't leave before the midterms and when he dies on the court, republicans will have the senate again.