Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

A bit of older news, but still good vibes.

Rams, NFL agree to settle St. Louis lawsuit over team's relocation for $790 million

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports...17-7bd79d248e37

St Louis will never have an nfl again, but at least we got to gently caress up Stan Kroenke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Remember that anti-vax, anti-mask, Washington State Senator that went to El Salvador and caught COVID? He finally got back into country and went to Florida for treatment. Then nobody heard from him for 2-3 weeks. And well, FAFO.

Washington Senator Doug Ericksen dies at 52
https://www.khq.com/news/washington-senator-doug-erickson-dies-at-52/article_6c268054-605e-11ec-9ed5-67a7cd489fe4.html

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Loucks posted:

The error here is lumping CSPAM covid thread regulars in with q-anon. :wtc:

There's a fundamental difference between "we should take covid more seriously and err on the side of caution" and "democratic pedophiles are using adrenochrome in pizza parlor basements," and if that's not immediately clear to a person I can see why fakepost identification would also be difficult.

And yeah, the science is just not consistent with the claims. It's funny bullshit that people ran with because they are infinitely credulous and/or really want to believe that the "let's take covid seriously" contingent is just a bunch of insane doomers.

where is "these frozen bon bons are going to give me covid" on this scale?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Loucks posted:

Over the top, but still less delusional than "get a vaccine and take no other precautions to protect yourself against a deadly, effectively airborne virus" which seems to be an increasingly popular point of view, especially now that the administration has embraced the essential conclusions of the Great Barrington Declaration. Do you really not remember how urgently the authorities cautioned us to wash our hands and be careful of fomites in the early days of this thing? Hell, they're still telling us to wash our hands as if that's relevant to SARS-CoV-2.

There were a lot of unknowns and a lot of stressors. It's gross to point to that poster panicking under circumstances where it wasn't clear how to stay safe as if it's some sort of own or evidence of insanity. But of course cruelty is a foundational value here on SA, so if we didn't ruthlessly mock people in crisis we just wouldn't be goons. :haw:

the bon bon guy was march 2021. well after fomite transmission was shown in papers to be negligible relative to airborne. and after he posted about threatening a stranger to force his way into their apartment to recover someone else's property. cspam thread is bad and reinforces bad habits in its regulars.

and washing your hands is good for your health. please wash your hands.

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 20, 2021

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

You're simultaneously arguing that the CDC shouldn't have made the recommendation to take steps to stop fomite transmission because "that the authorities insisted that everyone should wash their hands specifically to prevent covid infection despite no evidence that it was a meaningful vector" while at the same time saying we need to "examine the actual data". Which is a god-awful approach to emergency response in general and a new viral pandemic in particular.

What i'm saying is complaining about CDC recommendations for hand washing is dumb as hell and you're dumb as hell for defending that bad take. Pushing back against your bad advice is not the same as not taking this pandemic seriously. Get off your cross we need the wood.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i got some wood for you right here buddy

hell yeah i'd love to work with some kauri

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

lightpole posted:

I wasn't really rushing for a booster but now I'm stuck and will grab booster + flu Wednesday. Its best to mix and match right so I'm slightly better off with the Pfizer if I got the Moderna initially? Not that it matters, Pfizer is locked in and hopefully I'm good for Christmas Eve.

Getting a pfizer/moderna booster in you is the most important part. There's not really any good longitudinal studies definitively answering which is better, and in what order. But there're enough papers out there showing a dramatic improvement of boosters over unboosted with a full 2-shot series.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Some good news.

https://twitter.com/CDAW_National/status/1473876044218253312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

5/6 on Ghislaine Maxwell
https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1476313667268456461