Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I believe jurors 100% can be convinced by the "it wasn't me" defense because its very stupid and thats what the average juror is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Lmao, the Jury system is a loving joke

One of my favorite aspects is in Florida you can request technical, civil suits be moved to a jury setting. The jury can then vote that they don't know what the gently caress and move it back to a trained judge, thus wasting literally everyones time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

During one of the many times I was called to report to jury duty, I never got placed on a trial.

A lady who spent the first part of the morning yelling about how someone in the deli department at the Ralph’s market poisoned her potato salad was called, questioned, and placed on a jury.

It made me realize the reality of a jury system.

The intrinsic issue with the jury system has always been that the people selected to juries are basically by definition those too stupid to be able to get out of jury duty.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah, I think you're right.

Now a Jury of his wharves is a totally different ball game.

I hate how much I love this pun

Barudak
May 7, 2007

StrangersInTheNight posted:

anyway the most important thing is gently caress this guy, and lol looks like god provides after all

My God is an Awesome God