Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Three Olives posted:

It really wasn't just Jim Bob, Josh was a rising star in the mainstream Christian fringe of evangelical "family values" organizations that do legitimately have power in mainstream Republican politics.

He was the executive director of the Family Research Council's PAC, honestly, it is completely conceivable that had he not being discovered to be a pedophile and child rapist that he could have been a high-profile member of Congress right now.

He was in his late 20s, 30 at the oldest when he was head of the PAC. It’s hard to see Josh Duggar capable of running an outfit like that at any age. He doesn’t doesn’t come across as having that skill set.

Unless, it’s all part of the grift machine.

In AR, lots of outfits can be profitable and not look like it but if Josh and Jim Bob wanted to sell redemption after hitting rock bottom then that is rock bottom.

The fact that JBob got elected to the AR House of Representatives twice blows the mind.
:psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

That grifter may have landed the job by accident and “won” an election to do so. Putting someone in charge of to steer how congress votes on its wish list policies is something completely different.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Here is question:

Will Anna leave him now? They have now 7 kids

bobjr posted:

TLC will give them a show again called 18 and remaining

Anna is a stay at home mother of seven. Probably never worked a job outside of the home in her life. She’s the sole provider now. That’s going to be tough. She’s going to have to a.) find a job that supports a family of eight herself b.) live on the support of her family/extended family and or patreon c.) star in a TLC spinoff of the hardships of being a single mother raising a family while Josh is in prison. Wonder if the federal pen will allow a camera crew inside the facility?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"My 600 lbs cellmate"

Josh Duggar is going to have to be in protective custody from Day One. That's most likely in solitary and solitary is takes its mental tole fast. Unless this is a 'Club Fed' situation, Josh is going to have a smooth time in prison.

e: If TLC could finagle a TLC prison spinoff, the "eccentric cell mate" would be gold.

In all seriousness, Josh Duggar downloaded one of the most notorious and horrific child torture videos ever filmed so gently caress him and his smug smile.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 9, 2021

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

teen witch posted:

I truly do not think he understands the gravity of the situation entirely.

Someone commented that people similar to Duggar's background are "conditioned" to automatically smile for the camera. I'm not sure if they meant because the Duggar kids were in front of a camera all the time or its because of they're upbringing.

In this case, is Josh in a pharmacological haze, perpetually smug, or completely oblivious to the seriousness of his situation?

Either way, dude, read the room.

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm surprised people thought he'd be found not guilty. Even if you're 1000 percent innocent you're pretty much hosed if the feds bring charges so things weren't looking up for the guy that thought just having TOR installed hid his IT.

The last five years have conditioned us to know anything can happen. All the old certainties don't exist.

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 9, 2021

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Yvershek posted:

Still laughing at the network executives who signed up a family like this. Of course there would be never ending scandals that get worse and worse.

Half the country laughed at it like a freak show and the other half said, “Hey, that’s us!”

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

wesleywillis posted:

Dear your honor.

Josh Duggar should suck a fuckin male camel's dick with hoisin sauce.
Sincerely: Wesley Willis.

Wesley Willis should record this.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Primary elections are coming up in a couple weeks in NW Arkansas and Republicans are trying to out MAGA one another. Sarah Huckabee will be the next governor. Everyone else is DJT’s chosen and the other guy is a weak rear end RINO.

And still the Duggars are too weird and out there to be politically viable.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Wow. That letter hits it on the head.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I've said it before in this thread. That's straight up Season 1 True Detective vibes all over.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Heath posted:

Seeing that excuse for an office makes me wonder just how ramshackle this car dealership actually is. Aren't these mother fuckers rich? I've seen some lovely dealerships.in my time but this looks cheap even by those standards.

Jim Bob is rich. One of the daughters that married a pro athlete is kind of rich. The rest (or their husbands) work for a living. Josh had a cushy Washington think tank job when the Ashley Madison/sister abuse came to light. Now his family lives in a shack on Jim Bob's property. Josh isn't going to be seen working around Jim Bob's store. I doubt anyone would give him a job not associated with his church. It's kind of dire actually.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Surprised he's not an under-the-nose man.

Not at a sentencing. At another occasion, maybe.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

A thought.

But how likely is it that he just does not deal with Prison well? i.e. Josh is a soft entitled smug selfish arsehole who has always been told that he is the bestest and better than everyone else, and has always had women to cook, clean, and look after him in every way.

So how likely is it he chucks a tantrum the first time he is made to clean his own cell, or his breakfast eggs aren't the way his mommy/wife made them. Thus earning him the ire of the warden/guards etc.

So even if he is protected from the other inmates who would happily beat a molesting piece of poo poo like him to a painful pulp, he still has to deal with "the system" in which he would have made no friends.

Who cares how well he handles it? It doesn’t matter. Ten+ years of his life will be gone. He’ll be almost 50 when he gets out. What happens between now and then is his problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Horace posted:

I would also like clarification on the safe placement. There's a window directly above it, how is it installed if not poking out of the shack like an air conditioner?

It's poking out like an air conditioner.