Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1466242915852865539?s=20

sens ftw

heehee fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The Penguins generating endless amounts of ok to decent shots and not scoring on as many as you would 'expect' has been their MO this year and then giving up a goal on a pretty horrific defensive breakdown.

I really loving wish Sullivan would split up Zucker/Carter/Kapanen. This line does not work. It does not provide offense and it gets scored on significantly more when they're together than apart. It continues to really really really drive me nuts that in years past Sullivan would have tried something different and absolutely loving refuses or to split lines up. Carter sports a 40% gf ratio so far this season. With Jason Zucker it's 15% GF. Kapanen is 65% and with Carter it's 33%. SPLIT THEM UP YOU gently caress YOU CAN'T BE THAT BLIND!!!!!! With that out of the way lets talk Crosby. Holy poo poo :( on the ice for 3 goals against bringing his total to 16 goals against in all situations. At 5v5 Crosby has 9 goals against in 11 games (5 for). Looking at rate metrics Crosby is experiencing 3.25 goals against per 60. Worst on the team. Carter is 2nd worst with 3 (SPLIT THAT LINE UP YOU gently caress).

With that said through half the 2nd the Pens controlled the majority of the game....except they were handing out breakaways and rush chances like candy. I still maintain Kassian got away with a ridiculously blatant interference to spring McDavid for the 2nd goal, but whatever. If you told me that the Pens doubled up a team on shots and chances I'd say they'd probably have a good chance at winning. As it is lately the conversion rates have not been good. Also for a team that was hoping to have some offense from their defense lol.

With Malkin potentially returning in the near future hopefully that forces Sullivan to rethink the lines a bit. Unfortunately it might mean Malkin gets stuck with dogshit combo of Zucker/Kapanen in which case I'll go back to complaining about that. The more I see Sullivan absolutely refuse to juggle the lines or do absolutely anything to add a bit more creativity/speed into the lineup the more likely I think it is that Malkin will look awful between Zucker/Kapanen and they will give up the goals. Carter will get placed between Heinen and Rodrigues (assuming Rust is healthy) down on the '4th' ish line. I think above all else, thought, Friedman should come into the lineup over Ruhwedel to provide some more skating from the back end.

I think this team needs some personnel change(s) and very soon otherwise when Boston gets on a roll and some of the teams with games in hand play the Pens are going to sink. If Hextal can pull of the GM JR special (the first time....not the Reaves or JMFJ signing) I think this team could be competitive for this season. But, at present, it's very difficult to see the Penguins being anything more than this really frustrating hot/cold team as their shooting and conversion rate....basically without Sid being 'superstar' caliber or even 'star' caliber it's pretty much GG. Sure Sid generated more shots and chances against McDavid.....who then proceeded to hang up 2 primary assists and be on the ice for a 3rd.

Edit: A quick note on the Oilers. I know their missing a bunch of defensemen, but beyond McD and Drai and sometimes Nuge this team isn't very good. I know earlier in the season I said I wasn't a believer and they hadn't played particularly tough comp and after watching them last night I'm even less of a believer right now. Their 'system' is to hope McDavid or Drai does something incredible and it ends in a goal. Which is a decent enough strategy they are that good, but come playoff time they're going to get sunk again by lack of depth and having the rest of the team get curb stomped when McDavid isn't on the ice.

they're*

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

what the gently caress

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

mod edit: there were a bunch more of these; this poo poo sucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

hand knit still a little pussy rear end bitch. canucks are epic again. Let's loving Go.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Jhet posted:

but you don’t want to punish people for doing what you’re asking them to do either.

unless it's the canucks signing a player to a contract

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Schremp Howard posted:

It’s going to be CoGMDS and CoGMHS learning from IGMJR.

yup. i'm cool with it as long as the gm he hires in the meantime isn't dog turds. hopefully gilman

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/fr_aquilini/status/1469836367043518465?s=21

hahahhaahha

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

putting $999 down on canucks winning the cup

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

jesus christ flames got hosed lol

ThinkTank posted:

It's kinda depressing that it's inevitable the Canucks will be in the same situation in a couple days.

dunno dude, no more canes tested positive today so maybe they'll slip through

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

nucks are clean baby lets go

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Because vaccination status has gently caress all to do with actively catching and spreading covid and barely has since their introduction. I WILL REPEAT VACCINATION STATUS DOES NOT MATTER IN ABILITY TO CATCH AND SPREAD COVID!!!! gently caress sake.

it does though.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

St. Dogbert posted:

Kinda feels pointless watching the games tonight. I fully expect the league to finally read the writing on the wall in the next few days and begin a “brief pause” that will ultimately lead into the cancellation of the season.

literally no chance of this happening

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

clean ayers act posted:

So am i understanding correctly that the NFL is going to be testing less in response to the spread and the NHL is going to be testing more?

prob mostly cuz of nfl being only in the us

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/emadagahi/status/1472347039484710912?s=20

lmfao

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

gonna be -17 in vancouver next week and i will skate up a 30 degree incline to work

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

mennoknight posted:

oh and you just KNOW they're going to be a THEY

lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Wormskull posted:

gently caress yes. SuperMCGamer is about to be running next at Zeldathon! Let’s loving GO!!!!!!! This loving AWESOME!!!!! gently caress YES!!!!!

cugging epic!!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

DJExile posted:

lmao get hosed IIHF. That blowing up in their face after their president took a huge sexist poo poo on the women's tournaments was poetic as hell.

did you listen to his interview on the ray and dregs podcast, he's such a mealy mouthed bitch lol. 10 minutes of beating around the bush and blaming everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

the loving shootout aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA