Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

barnold posted:

the android ROM community is basically completely dead (and mostly died when Google started releasing fairly pure Android builds for their Nexus/Pixel phones) but not even at its height in the late 00s/early 10s was there any real concerted effort to get a true blue Linux experience on a mainstream flagship phone afaik. it would be a cool curiosity though! i think most people are just using their phones to remote into a dedicated Linux box at this point.

PureOS exists I guess but who knows how robust it is. runs on Debian though if you're into that: https://puri.sm/products/librem-5/pureos-mobile/

people are still making android roms just fine barnold. please

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

alnilam posted:

Dors anyone else here like Linux Mint, i have run the cinnamon version for years, I changed when Ubuntu got a little too mac-like for me; it's possible it got better since but i haven't bothered to check cause I'm happy enough with mint

mint cinnamon was my jam for quite a while, but i was tempted back to ubuntu by working fractional dpi scaling. mint is nicer in most ways and i'm sure that'll make it over sooner or later, but yeah. it sure is nice having everything on my screen be exactly what size i want though

----------------

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

more falafel please posted:

in 2002 or so I got this lil' guy from a computer store so yeah I guess you could say I use Linux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9kQ24z3cgk

powerful artifact

----------------

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

cruft posted:

This thread is giving me perspective on what an incredible nerd I am.

Not only do I know both emacs and vim, and have several emacs packages published as well as code contributions in the upstream distribution, I also spent three years using exclusively Acme from plan 9, just to see how it was (it was awesome). During that time I came up with a whole bunch of Acme scripts and packages to make my personal environment even cooler, which convinced me to take over maintenance of the X11 port of the Plan 9 window manager, rio.

This isn't a flex I get to show off very often, thanks for indulging me.

These days I just use vscode and vi.

unironically sick flex, thanks man

----------------