Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

once i was talking about the different voices i use mentally for characters in a book with my ex and she basically implied that i was crazy. she read book entirely in her own internal monologue which is the most psychopathic poo poo i have ever heard of in my entire life. anyway op, i do not use famous actors, but rather my own internal cast of jobbing VO artists whose voices suit the role and not relying on star power to draw in the box office crowds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq_MBc0DAas

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

I read the entire thing in my internal monologue, unless I've ever heard the author speak, in which case I hear it in their voice.

you read a dickens novel and give the characters your voice? this is insane

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

In regards to books, if I read a person's speaking described I will sometimes try talking as described out loud if it's especially funny or clever or whatever, like "he spoke like a man punching keys on a typewriter". I can't think of that happening outside a text based game otherwise though.

i mean. if you didnt do that we wouldnt have vocaroos or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CckHams5ON4

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

I use my internal monologue but I’m doing different voices and impressions in my voice. Like instead of hearing jack Nicholson as Kefka I hear my impression of jack Nicholson.

youre going to prison