Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halo is a fun game that never got a chance to explore how absolutely horrible the human faction government is and I'd really like if in Halo Infinite I can start killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Childrens voices celebrating as a space alien, who presumably had their own hopes and dreams, has their head violently exploded by a 7 foot tall two ton fascist death machine

Barudak
May 7, 2007

josh04 posted:

Have you considered that he's a badass and a credit to his useless fascist marine corp though?

Oorah Marines! <immediately get hit by fellow marine driving warthog>

Given how absolutely dogshit the marine AI is no wonder ONI needed to develop Spartans to prevent the secessionists from winning

Barudak
May 7, 2007

On one hand Bungie's love of crossing all their projects over with each other through vague hints and poetic lore bite is cool

On the other hand I can now use a grappling hook to hijack an enemy gunship and kick out the enemy pilot over the void

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

There's at least four different versions of the jerkoff called the Didact, last I checked.

Hes dead and killed off in a comic so nobody has to talk about him again, much like Assassins Creed's original plot

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The new Halo game appears to have the plot of you taking clothes wearing tv commercial attractive Cortana to kill no clothes wearing 128 Teratits Cortana

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jazerus posted:

drat....that's a lot of bitcoins

Friend, shes got backup drives so thick her cold storage is absolute zero

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Icedude posted:

Did they ever go back after 4 and retcon the whole "humans were better than forerunners, and the forerunners left their technology to us because they were sad they defeated the invading genocidal space empire who totally would have won against the flood if they hadn't been attacked by the forerunners by the way" thing? Because that was probabaly the saddest and most childish thing that 343 did to the series in 4.

7's villain appears to be shaping up to be another race the Forerunners imprisoned and it would make sense and be a good hook if they hadn't arbitrarily not made the forerunners humans.

Still looking to enjoy shooting them in the face

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Halo game is Single Dad has to raise a daughter, right down to his midlife crisis being buying a grapple hook.

Icedude posted:

I never understood where people got the whole "Forerunners were humans" thing. I thought the original games spelt it out that the Forerunners decided to not preserve themselves as punishment/atonement for nuking all life in the galaxy. Humans just happened to be the lucky proto-civilization in the right place at the right time to get handed the keys, and then in 3 they revealed that was because they used our planet to build the portal to the Ark.

I mean until 4, but gently caress that game.

In Halo 1 343 Guilty Spark immediately approves of MC and acts surprised that MC doesn't know what the rings do and is totally non-phased by the need to find another person to approve firing the ring, so most people went got it, humans=forerunners.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halo Aliens hoping the human afterlife sucks is a great bit of worldbuilding done off handedly in Halo 6

They also play Xbox, so thats probably less canonical

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halo 6 modus is "ok, look, Silent Cartographer's opening was awesome, lets let you whenever you are bored do another silent cartographer"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sarcastro posted:

Which sounds loving awesome.

Friend it is

Its also a game with about 8 named characters with meaningful speaking roles and three of them are all the same person with different life moments voiced by the same person and sound completely distinct which is just some top notch voice direction

I guess also if grunt towers are canonical the covenant play xbox and love metal gear solid

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sarcastro posted:

I bought a copy (yes, I do that still for the most part), wrapped it, and asked my wife to give it to me as a Christmas present. It's under the tree, silently calling to me all the time.

What... no. gently caress why. Get it on Game Pass you crazed presumably adult human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The gift giving I've no issues with, its just Game Pass gets you an insane amount of games including every single other Halo game in addition to Halo 6 while the physical only gets you the Halo 6 single player.

Apparently the new TV series will be non Canon with the games to which all I can say is, good.