Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Brass posted:

It's undeniable that something paranormal is happening, right? I think the show was reverse-gaslighting the viewer into being able to dismiss the teen girls as acting crazy when there actually is some evil spirit poo poo happening. At first it seemed to be disparate elements but some of it is coming together.

I think everything so far can be explained by coincidence/mania/trauma/psychosis/idiot teenagers. I wouldn't be too surprised if the show explicitly goes supernatural, though I think it ultimately won't despite teasing it.

Anyway, I watched all of this season in 3 days and loved it. So entertaining and so much suspense, plus great performances all round. I have to say I'm a little bit worried about S2 and beyond

The scene with Nat being kidnapped makes me think it's going to go off the deep end into cult/conspiracy mystery stuff, which often ends up feeling contrived and a bit ridiculous. I think the 90s timeline stuff will still be really interesting, but the current timeline could get pretty silly if they spend 4 seasons slowly investigating some behind the scenes big bad

Anyway, aside from that RIP Jackie :( Girl got done dirty. I hope she comes back as a spooky ghost and spooks them all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
If Jackie isn't dead yet, why does Shauna always see her ghost spooking her but none of the other dead kids ghosts? It's obvious that Shauna is completely hosed up with guilt for Jackie's death. It's why she keeps pandering to Jackie's parents 25 years on, even though they patronise her and belittle her and compare her unfavourably to Jackie

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Questions:
- I did not realize how long they had been out of school. So what happened to Shauna and Jeff’s baby from that time? Their kid is still in high school. They have not mentioned another child but she was pregnant 25 years ago.

I have been assuming that Shauna had a miscarriage at some point. Her lack of nutrition would surely result in that happening

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
We haven't seen Lottie speaking French nearly enough to say that she's "fluent". We know that she studied French in school, so she would know some.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Jackie wasn't a horrible person, she was a teenage girl making teenage girl mistakes. She did some lovely things, she also did some good things and was at times a voice of reason. And some of the worst things she does are basically directly caused by her best friend loving her boyfriend

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Medullah posted:

It's going to take 5 seasons for us to finally learn the terrible secret they've all been living with - they had to drink their own pee.

I want to know just how clean this lake water is. I know they're boiling it but that wouldn't stop it from being grimy as gently caress

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

XboxPants posted:

Do they not have football scholarships in europe? In the US, sports scholarships are one of the only ways to try to move up in the world for low income students, it's a large part of our education system. If you can play basketball or football well you might not have to spend your life being broken down doing back-breaking physical labor in some shithole town until you die.

Football is separated from school in a way that isn't true in the US. To have any hope of being a professional football player you need to be in the academy of a professional football club from a young age

Of course schools have football teams, but they're not a pipeline to future football careers

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
S1 always gets weirdly talked down online, like "yeah it sucks but keep watching because it gets good". It's all good, it was good from the start and remained good till the end

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
i don't remember if the seat was on fire too or not. if it wasn't then yeah it's weird, but could just be explained by the post above i.e they didn't really film it well. which would be a shame but it's certainly not impossible.

for me it's just not conclusive enough to be like "yeah definitely supernatural", because everything else can be reasonably explained away without coming to that conclusion. it feels to me that the writers' intention so far has been to keep it ambiguous (and I suspect that will continue as long as the show runs)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

I AM GRANDO posted:

The writers have said they want to keep the supernatural completely ambiguous. Maybe the heat from the pyre caused the snow to fall on Jackie’s corpse, even though that scene was shot like it was Evil Dead when the demons come to the cabin. Perhaps that apparently shared vision of everyone at like a roman feast or whatever was pure metaphor and not a malicious entity putting ideas into their heads. I have no idea if they’ll stick to this, but probably some characters will believe things have supernatural causes and some will refuse.

But it is weird that they’d imagine themselves as like ancient greeks, right? I don’t know if that’s actually a shared vision or what.

I don't think we are supposed to think they imagined themselves like that. Just for the viewers

at one point I thought that maybe the fallen snow was going to put out the fire/melt and leave Jackie intact with her make up all cleaned up, making the survivors very :confused: indeed

what actually happened was much better and also inevitable really. I just hope we still get more scenes with Jackie, either flashbacks or as Shauna's dead imaginary friend

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
do we know how the girls ended up being rescued? I can't remember if we've seen that, like were they found or did they eventually find civilisation somewhere

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I've been splicing together a fan video/song for this dumb show that I love, and I just noticed that in the intro Jackie does the "cut across throat" motion indicating death

It was there all along!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Hi Yellowjackets fans

I wrote a song about Jackie and then made a video for it using season 1 clips. It's lofi/indie/alt rock/garage rock or something in that ballpark. I think it is not bad and possibly is actually good? why not listen for one (1) minute and see what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoSpXU9ymUI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

fullroundaction posted:

This is cool and good and I like it. Especially the parts where you’re not afraid to play a bunch of the wrong notes in a row. I hope to one day become that fearless (sincerely)

any wrong notes are both wholly unintended and wholly endorsed. thank you for listening!