Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
someone please tell me my reaction of laughing a lot when the Enya montage started but then crying by the end of it was normal human behaviour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I particularly enjoy how the show pokes fun at "citizen detectives" and then those people can't even catch onto that clue but will talk about how a tattoo with sort of a triangle CANNOT be a coincidence. there aren't just contextual clues that Jackie is dead, we literally saw her dead and she is memorialized as a dead teenager and her parents talk about her being gone.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

yes, her parents keep her room just that way because she comes home every weekend to do laundry and they used her class photo in the healing tribute video because she hasn't aged a day

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Jackie was also the only one who thought it was weird that they had an attempted orgy/murder and wanted to talk about it. yeah, she's the popular girl, but she's also the only connection to reality they have left (other than nat/travis)

to me, she was the most relatable/likable. maybe I'm a bitch too.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

angerbeet posted:

I spent a lot of time as a kid in the wilds of Ontario trekking and canoeing and portaging and the whole nine yards, and it's... the forest is wrong. It's the wrong kind of forest. The land looks wrong. I don't really know how to explain why it looks wrong but for the Americans it's like you shot something in Maine and tell people it's Wisconsin.

in my incredibly valid reasoning as a guy who dropped out of forestry school in BC after two years, it looks like they filmed the wilderness in a temperate rainforest, and not the Canadian Shield. you wouldn't see trees that size/that kind of biodiversity east of the rockies. it's more like filming in Seattle/Puget Sound and then telling people it's i dunno... let's go with Wisconsin again.

on the other hand it's a TV show and I'm very willing to suspend disbelief for a good story.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

truly baffling to think someone could watch Ricci/Lewis together and think they have no chemistry. study this man (I assume)'s brain to uncover the source of madness

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I think the tree that's growing moss because it's warm is warm because Javi rocks all his pisses there

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I AM GRANDO posted:

Yeah, it’s looking more likely that there’s at least one supernatural force operating what with the Sam Raimi ram-o-cam approaching from the woods and then knocking the snow onto Jackie to make steamed hams for the group. If there is a spirit compelling them to eat flesh, it seems like Lottie’s visions are working at cross-purposes to it, in that she tries to keep everyone from finding and burning Jackie. The Javi thing is too open-ended to figure out right now.

Have we seen that room where Travis and Natalie were loving in any other episodes? The woodsman’s bedroom? There’s something unsettling about whatever those wall decorations are.

Also, Was The Man With No Eyes in this episode? He’s in the closing credits, but I didn’t see him anywhere, and I was looking closely the whole time Taissa was imagining her son was in the house.

yes, when young Tai was sleep walking towards the cliff, she saw him and followed him

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I like the adult stuff and adult evil Tai fuckin scares me

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

thought it was good. I'm stupid and dumb.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

jesus christ ENOUGH with the music

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The music is the best part of the show

yes thank you for the multiple sad songs from 1995 because otherwise I wouldn't know how to feel when I watch this show and I never would've been able to compare young Natalie to a zombie and now I finally get that things are hard for them out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I bet you were born in the 90's

I graduated high school in the 90s. I waited overnight a physical store to buy a smashing pumpkins double cd. I'm basically the target market for this - it doesn't mean I like being hit over the head with nostalgia