Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Very sexy dragon: 9/10.

The rest of the movie was crap. I don't know much of what happened because I only paid attention to the parts where the dragon was on screen and there wasn't nearly enough of that.

2/10 overall. The best way to watch this movie is a YouTube supercut of all the dragon parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Except don't watch the part where the dragon dies because it's too sad.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Spoiler alert: the dragon dies.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

is that the one where Disney wanted to make a movie for china but the dragon didn't explicitly denounce the HK protests enough times and it bombed cuz Matt Damon wasn't in it?

Yes.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Anybody who hasn't seen Raya yet and is thinking of doing so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtyhCX7bHaA here you go saved you two hours.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Derpies posted:

My daughter went as Reya for Halloween but we didn’t let her get the hat part of the costume because we felt that it would be cultural appropriation and it was a good call.

Re: cultural appropriation I'm pretty sure the rule is it's only appropriation if the dress has some cultural significance. Daily wear for laborers (such as a floppy straw hat) is fair game.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A Fancy Hat posted:

So what was the deal with that weird baby? I thought he was going to be revealed as a magical shapeshifter or something, but no, we find out at the end he's a human baby and his mom's looking for him.

This baby is obviously hyper-intelligent, super-athletic, and can communicate with animals.

I refer you to the documentary "Baby Geniuses" (1999) for the answers to your questions.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

I'm not smooching any dragon that's hairier than me

So Sisu should be fine then :smug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

Are we sure that that's even a dragon? I don't remember her breathing fire even a single time.

Dragon canon acknowledges alternate breath weapons. Sisu breathes fog.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nice Van My Man posted:

The good dragons are always feathery of furry and the bad ones are always scaly. it's a very troubling anti scaly bias in the media IMO.

Counterpoints:

Sean Connery plays a good scaly dragon in Dragonheart and the titular Reluctant Dragon from the cartoon of the same name is also scaly.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Mushu is scaly and he is also good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Dragons serve no master but themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ZeusJupitar posted:

Pretty sure its the other way around, don't have the complete history of Middle Earth to hand though.

Morgoth serves dragons??