Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS ANDRADE 67 57.76%
STAT VS RUBY 22 18.97%
STING AND DARBY VS THE GUNNS 2 1.72%
PUNK VS LEE 8 6.90%
DANIELSON VS 5 9 7.76%
WARDLOW 8 6.90%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everyone in the live thread who was saying that was a bad show as it was in progress was smoking crack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Last Call posted:

Someone needs to ask Cody if he's a fan of burning man.

no but he loves the Human Torch (the original one who killed Hitler in WW2, not Johnny Storm)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

im not sure what people thought was bad. Danielson vs. Angels was good, so was Ruby vs. Stat (STAT SHOULDA WON), Lee looked cool against Punk, and Cody vs. Andrade loving owned.

what i've learned is that there's a subset of people on this website who just start tearing their fuckin hair out the second anyone opens their mouths on dynamite

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Barreft posted:

And then she shook Ruby's hand like when Asuka did for Charlotte

okay this might be a bit much

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

people become big time super weirdos when it comes to women's wrestling

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

I do want Statlander to get a push sooner rather than later but I do get why Ruby Soho won, she's still got a lot of momentum behind her from being a hot new signing and she's over AF. Honestly I'm still not sure where the tournament is going, I don't know if Cargill defeats Rosa or Nyla beats Soho, it's been nicely unpredictable.

the funniest and therefor most intriguing outcome to me is that britt loses her belt to riho and thunder rosa wins the tbs title so all the people who are convinced that the only person britt could ever possibly drop the belt to is rosa would be in the mud

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Some folks might be harsh on this episode but the only bad take is from the poster who thought Hangman's perfectly normal guest commentary spot was somehow indicative of how weak he will be on the mic throughout his reign and that it meant his promos were scripted before this.

That guy sucks rear end and is a big time weirdo

And to the guy who says cody should stop making fun of Triple H: no. Cody hasnt made fun of Triple H enough. Cody should have clutched his chest like Red Fox in Sanford & Son after picking up the sledgehammer

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I want to be hype for the flaming table, but like...Andrade didn't even come close to touching that table. If anything, he Sliced Bread #2'd Cody through a flaming table and thus should have picked up the win. I get what they were going for because I know wrestling, but if I just saw the sequence without commentary I'd assume Andrade won the match.

andrade literally went face first into the flaming table

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lolling big time at the posters in the live thread comparing last night to an episode of Raw, the literal worst wrestling show on earth.

the live thread posters are too busy live thread posting to actually watch the show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1gIsaeNhY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are the Usos even the best tag team in WWE

are there other tag teams in the WWE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tuesday: Rhodes to the Top gets confirmed for a second season

Wednesday: Cody Rhodes puts himself through a flaming table with T-Pain watching

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dick Swiveller posted:

I wasn't watching when Cody got the neck tat, what's the Fight Island read on his motivation? Did he just think it was cool? Was there some part of him so committed to his wild tweener meta melodrama bit that he was willing to get a big tattoo as one of his polarising character beats? It's a hole in my knowledge and the thought is pestering me.

the neck tattoo reveal was the first polarizing character beat, and it happened while he was walking to the ring as the lead singer from Downstait howled out his theme song like a dying cat behind him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

call me crazy but I'm a big fan of wrestlers who can wrestle.

so am i, which is why i like jade cargill

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Jade can wrestle in much the same way that any of us could wrestle, by picking someone we have a significant height and weight advantage over and then throwing them around a little bit and doing your favourite poses.

Jade Cargill is every older sibling that ever existed, essentially.

yeah i bet you could do a standing fall away slam no problem buddy lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

comparing someone to goldberg as a negative, ah to be clueless

yeah lmao thats also what's driving me insane in the membrane people saying "Ah, this person is like Goldberg! boooo!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jade should also wrestle Meng like 20 times

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

standing fallaway slam

yeah thats what she did, she did a fallaway slam without going to the ground, it ruled

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Pac/Pentagon vs FTR
Jade in Action
I can't remember the third match.

No Gimmicks Needed Tony Nese vs Sammy Guevara for the TNT title

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I'd love to see Sammy do a TNT title defence against someone who isn't bland af

no gimmicks needed tony nese is very good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tay had the worst women's title match in AEW yet though

thats just wrong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

imagine having your argument that Goldberg is bad be based on the fact that he mysteriously stopped having cool matches when he signed with the WWF

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

When did he start having cool matches that weren’t a single jackhammer

the vast majority of his matches in WCW were cool

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Anthony Ogogo and Brandi Rhodes are back taping Dark matches today. also of note, Marina Shafir.

and this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arjan_Bhullar

tiger ruas is putting together an IGF faction

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Nese was all elite all this time.

they've specifically been referring to him as a free agent!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eat my hoogafanter

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

She had a good non squash match with Red Velvet a few weeks ago

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

this was a good match, but i'd still rather Ruby win the TBS belt and Rosa go on to take down britt

It would be much funnier for rosa to win the tbs title so the "britt can/will only drop the title to rosa" people wont know what to do with themselves

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

do people think that Jade isn't supposed to be kicking people in the chest and that she's just consistently missing low every single time and not that her move is that she pump kicks people in the chest

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Women's division discourse has focused down to Jade Cargill discourse.

can't imagine why lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't understand this. She always hits it so that the camera catches her smashing her opponent's face into the mat, which is what should happen. Her stylish cover makes her face away from the camera but that's less important than seeing the finisher hit.

she does the pin like that so she can look back over her shoulder at the camera

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

OH poo poo. RYO IS NOT loving AROUND WITH EMI AND BUNNY ANYMORE

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1467326610613301252?s=20

abadon beat ryo mizunami so ryo became determined to befriend the zombie girl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DuhSal posted:

I thought Ryo went/was going back to Japan? If not, that's cool, I like seeing Ryo.

considering her bookings, it seems like she's going back to japan for one match at the end of the year and then immediately coming back

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Janai Kai looks like a real life King of Fighters character and that owns what is wrong with you people

But I agree Kick Demon nickname is kinda dumb

no, king of fighters characters look cool, she looks like a Fighters History or a Breakers Revenge character

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlsVzgrszDc

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSK7HO0trzw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

God, Alan and Sammy are such pure sweet idiots.

Lost In Parking Lot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

When will Alex Marvez pay for his crimes of deliberately and with malice of forethought breaking up Janela and Kiss? :argh:

malice aforethought

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e; wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Saul Goode posted:

So the culmination to the interminable Matt Hardy - Orange Cassidy feud was Hardy winning controversially and Orange just bailing because he didn't give a poo poo anymore? Were they even building up to a hair vs hair match or was that just some weird misdirection?

If someone told me I had two more months of HFO midcardery in my future I'd be interrupting Adam Cole out of nowhere as well...

the hair vs hair match was an excuse for jack evans to get a haircut